Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:43 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,257,672 times

Advertisements

B/c they are cowards, I have more respect for the KKK and black nationalists than I do some of the ******* that I see online b/c at least these two groups are bold enough to show their faces and not hid behind a faceless avatar on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 02:56 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I think American needs to amend the Freedom of Speech amendment. They should make hate speech illegal because it affects the life of other citizens.
Free speech is cool as long as it doesn't carry over into someone else day.
It should also fall under the line of cyber bullying but it doesn't. That needs to be changed too.
The real problem is forceful race intermixing which is occurring in America.

If people lived and worked among their own with only a few ambassadors of different races mixing and doing business with other racial groups, then things would be much better.

It's just a part of life folks, not every person in a specific race is going to like everyone from other races. You figure, if everybody mixes with each other then everybody essentially annihilates themselves and their own culture.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarda View Post
i live in pg county, md. You'd be surprised how many blacks are fed up with the african- american community even other african-americans. In fact i've been mildly shocked in regards to some of the things i've heard at various social gatherings of predominantly educated african-americans. They sound like card carrying member of the gop, although few would actually pull the lever for them.

My sentiments i post are often shared by many immigrant blacks and their children as well.

I've even had white co-workers comment on the differences between africans and african-americans once they find out my background.

+1

Old 05-28-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If American Black slaves really wanted reparations; they would wanna be sent back "home" where their families were taken from, Africa.

So true. I have no idea why African Americans chose to say in America. I can see why Afro-Brazilians might want to say in Brazil being that they have some semblance of real culture and less racism to deal with; but America?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,734,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Because bigots know they are safe behind a computer screen.

I think American needs to amend the Freedom of Speech amendment. They should make hate speech illegal because it affects the life of other citizens.
Free speech is cool as long as it doesn't carry over into someone else day.
It should also fall under the line of cyber bullying but it doesn't. That needs to be changed too.

Like in London where a woman got arrested for hate speech on a train (or was it a bus).
Thank goodness I live in the land of the free, where "PC speech" isn't mandatory.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There were 3 major drawbacks to the civil rights movement and that was the abandonment of Black-owned businesses to go work for corporations and govt positions, the abandonment of Black neighborhoods by the middle and upper class, and Black women embracing the lies of the Women's movement. These have been nearly fatal errors for African Americans. We believed and internalized the lie that White = better and as a group, we acted accordingly.

I hear you man, but at some point African Americans dropped the ball and stop taking care of and looking after their own.

I mean, I think many black men know what you just typed, but yet, for example, they still go out and impregnate multiple women and walk away from all responsibly of taking care of their women and children.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ok; those losers need to be nailed. But it doesn't change the fact Blacks are MUCH more likely to commit hate crimes against Asians and white people.

I would say whites have committed more hate crimes against blacks out of pure racism, where as blacks have committed crimes against whites/Asians mostly out of financial or drug induced desperation.

American prison is the only place that I know where blacks will attack a white man for simply being white. And even then, it's not necessarily because he wants to attack a white man, but because he has to obey orders from his gang or they will turn on him.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,257,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
So true. I have no idea why African Americans chose to say in America. I can see why Afro-Brazilians might want to say in Brazil being that they have some semblance of real culture and less racism to deal with; but America?
I'm pretty content here in the U.S. Now there are some who are the first generation offspring of African immigrants, they may have a closer tie w/ their culture than those who's ancestors have been here for so long.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:43 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,568,662 times
Brazil is just as racist as any other place in the Americas. Its racial utopia is truly a mirage. Brazil appears to be a dream place for many African-Americans seeking to find a place free of racism, and prejudice. The reality is far from a dream. Invisibility is as damaging as in your face racism and hatred. Many Black Brazilians are rendered invisible in many sectors of society. The class stratification is very problematic. Much of Latin America is like that.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,060,351 times
Thank you. One incident sticks in my mind in particular. I use to work in a long term care facility. Had a patient, white man from New England. A Fox news watching, NY Post reading...Limbaugh fan. You know the type. Anyway after a few interactions with this person I guess he figured out that I didn't fall out of a tree and he would be all I'm cool with blacks like you etc etc. I was like wtf? This dude was a bad alcoholic living in custodial care on Medicaid but simply having white skin (in his mind) made him feel like he was better than me. Like I gave two sh*ts about being accepted by some bum living off of my taxes simply because he is white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I really do not care if they have a sentiment against me, just as long as they leave us the hell alone. As long the ones who do it do not have power, and will not interfere with our quality of life and the ability to live it. Too many blacks want every white person to love them and respect them, these "Kumbaya negros" have to realize this is not even feasible in the black community. What makes them think we can get other races to do it as well?

Last edited by Jasper03; 05-28-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies