Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Can't blame them, lack of family in the black community along with the majority of men being conservative equals negative stereotypes of black women. It's a war women can't win.
Lack of family? I know what you are trying to say. I believe you are commenting on the lack of fathers and husbands amongst Black households. That's NOT lack of family. Black families are usually very large outside of the immediate family and the families are very close. You have GRANDPARENTS, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends-of-the-family that become family.

So, I find it interesting when people say lack of family as if Black people don't know the concept of family. We are all about family and always have been. However, I have always noticed the issue with missing healthy, positive marriages and father-figures of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So basically African Americans are prone to violence due to verbal interactions, thanks for the confirmation. Best to profile and stay away from them then.
You're a weirdo on here. The fact that people KNOW that they will not be confronted with hate speech online but may be in real life is the point.

Also, why did you just point out the "African Americans" and not the Hispanic part of the question?

Once again, you have your motives and strange approaches to talking about Black America.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:34 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sure I've heard people make comments about minorities, but it's nowhere near the anger and frequency that I see it online.

Are the people who post online a small minority or is it that I just happen to live in an area that doesn't have bad feelings towards minorities? The few times I do hear it in person the speaker usually gets called out on it, not always, but most of the times. Is my area more politically correct?

because the vast majority of people do not hold extreme views and the vast majority of those who do not hold extreme views do not feel the need to go online and post about their normal, non-scintillating views.

You see agenda’s online. You see people who feel something is important posting on those topics. Most folks don’t spend much time thinking about race. It simply isn’t part of their day. But people with extreme views are different. Never before in human history has a person been afforded the ability to reach as many people in mere seconds like they can now with the advent of the internet.

Ergo you see crazy racists rants on the internet yet rarely hear it in real life.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You're really lost and confused. And yes, I own a passport. I've owned one since I was a kid. I feel sorry for you and your STRANGE perspective. I would consider myself pretty Afro-Centric and even I can't get with the illogical way that you are thinking.
You're not making any sense. All you did was attack my character (and others) and said nothing of any substance to counter my opinion.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
You're not making any sense. All you did was attack my character (and others) and said nothing of any substance to counter my opinion.
So what are you saying is? Even though a black person (African American) was born in the States? The STATES is not their home?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,089,587 times
Quote:
Sure I've heard people make comments about minorities, but it's nowhere near the anger and frequency that I see it online.

Are the people who post online a small minority or is it that I just happen to live in an area that doesn't have bad feelings towards minorities? The few times I do hear it in person the speaker usually gets called out on it, not always, but most of the times. Is my area more politically correct?
People are internet tough guys or gals....it is easy to be a coward when you don't have to look into somebody's eyes and spew sh*t...

Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Because bigots know they are safe behind a computer screen.

I think American needs to amend the Freedom of Speech amendment. They should make hate speech illegal because it affects the life of other citizens.
Free speech is cool as long as it doesn't carry over into someone else day.
It should also fall under the line of cyber bullying but it doesn't. That needs to be changed too.

Like in London where a woman got arrested for hate speech on a train (or was it a bus).
I find your disregard for the constitution offensive. You are a cyber bully. I hope they arrest you for hate speech.

Signed,

A veteran.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 PM

639 posts, read 828,067 times
RE: Brazil-- dudes that have money will travel for exotic hotties, whether they themselves are black, white, green etc

Old 05-29-2012, 01:34 PM

639 posts, read 828,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I find your disregard for the constitution offensive. You are a cyber bully. I hope they arrest you for hate speech.

Signed,

A veteran.
ya, I support free speech, even if its racist douches. That is one of the best things about USA, we have MOST free speech. Thanks for serving

Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,224 times
Quote:

Most people are chicken$#!%... you have to be politically correct in this day and age.

It's not that you live in niceville, it's just that most people can't say what they feel because they are sissified. Just look at the Dixie Chicks. They expressed anti-Bush, anti-war sentiments, got their tails booed, couldn't take the heat and immediately issued an apology and never spoke on the subject, again. Very few people are going to take the Muhammed Ali position and be persecuted by society because people want to be loved as opposed to hated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies