Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM

17,815 posts, read 13,713,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Which of these locations do you question?

Other news reports have stated that Martin's body was found 210 feet from his door (D-F). The only thing I see really open to question is "E" and did Zimmerman actually stop and complete his call there.
I question "E" as well. It is possible that Zimmerman didn't see Martin turn up the middle walkway and he (Zimmerman) went over to the next street assuming Martin went down that street street, but if he saw Martin go down the middle walkway it makes no sense that he went over to the other street.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So now you're accusing Trayvon's mother of lying, as well.

GZ was very familiar with police procedures. He surely knew that his call to the police, plus the others the neighbors were surely making after he shot Trayvon, would be recorded.

We do NOT know that Trayvon was on top.

Look, I am accusing Trayvon's mother of lying just as much as she would be claiming that Zimmerman was lying by her own claim.

From evidence we know that Zimmerman told paramedics on the scene that he had been screaming for help and no one would come. That was long before any tape surfaced where we could hear someone screaming. And the police noted that Zimmerman was wet and has grass on his back, which would indicate that he had been on his back on the ground.

So, in order to believe that it isn't Zimmerman's voice, you would have to believe that Zimmerman knew people heard Trayvon screaming, and decided to claim that it had actually been him screaming, to justify the shooting. Which while it is likely to some degree. It is far more likely that it was Zimmerman that was screaming for help.

And if Trayvon had been on the bottom, his back would have been wet with grass. But from what I understand, it wasn't. And when Trayvon was shot, he ended up face down on the ground. If Zimmerman had shot him when he was on the bottom, he would have been face up(not to say that Zimmerman couldn't have just rolled him over, but it is unlikely).

Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Exactly where in the trial will anything about "national manipulation" of the case by "main stream media and others" come up?

Who will raise that issue and why?

For the defense, witnesses changing their stories will provide a basis for attempting to impeach their testimony on the stand. Ultimately, the jury will decided which witnesses were credible and which ones were not.
There is no way to not get a tainted jury.
The changing stories will help the defense and having two different statements looks shady. Almost looks Jackson and Sharpton like.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Getting the useless, but often-repeated things out of the way.

At the autopsy, Trayvon was listed as 71" tall, 158 pounds, by the ME. Confusing because a family member said he was 6'3", 150. I'll take the ME number.

GZ is listed as 5'9", and I think around 170. Hardly a huge discrepancy.

A little more background on Trayvon, interesting, and I hadn't read it before.

Also, a picture from 9 days before the shooting.
Zimmerman was booked into jail at 5'8" and 185 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
From what I heard in the news reviewing testimony of witnesses, many have changed their testimony since this got national coverage. For the defense it negates the validity of those witnesses and bolsters any claim of national manipulation of this case by the main stream media and others.
I think a lot of these witnesses are backing off b/c it has finally occurred to some of the brighter of them anyway that they may be called to testify under oath to statements such as "Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman", or "Zimm is the one who was calling for help".

Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
TM had a small amount of marijuana in his system, possibly from having smoked some days ago. In this respect, he was like a lot of 17 year olds I have known.
I did know one drug using teenager at school and they never graduated.
I know none who were suspended, had defaced property or had possession of drug pipes, a bag of some drugs, a burglary tools and jewelry they could not account for.

The drug pipe and residue and current pot in Martin's system suggest he was a very regular user.
Obviously clouded his judgment and if he never used the drugs he probably never would have been suspended and forced to go to one of his dad's girlfriends to get away. Could be why he had the munchies and was running around in the rain. (which is strange behavior)

Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Zimmerman was booked into jail at 5'8" and 185 lbs.

I think a lot of these witnesses are backing off b/c it has finally occurred to some of the brighter of them anyway that they may be called to testify under oath to statements such as "Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman", or "Zimm is the one who was calling for help".

I think they screwed their own testimony on purpose to not come into the cross hairs of black activists and terrorists like the new Black Panthers.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'll keep this in mind when there is a hearing or trial. You may be right; I know that we do not know all the evidence the State has right now and I would not make such a judgement.

If the state had better evidence they were required to put it forward in the affidavit. What they did put forward though was pure crap.

I direct you to Alan Dershowitz... Harvard professor, prolific defense lawyer, and expert

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" - YouTube

Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I did know one drug using teenager at school and they never graduated.
I know none who were suspended, had defaced property or had possession of drug pipes, a bag of some drugs, a burglary tools and jewelry they could not account for.

The drug pipe and residue and current pot in Martin's system suggest he was a very regular user.
Obviously clouded his judgment and if he never used the drugs he probably never would have been suspended and forced to go to one of his dad's girlfriends to get away. Could be why he had the munchies and was running around in the rain. (which is strange behavior)
I have an, uh, acquaintance whose 17 yo and his friends used marijuana quite frequently. The kid went on to a highly ranked college. Plus, there was this cocaine ring going on among the cheerleaders at my kids' school; they were doing coke at school. I think you are being naive about your acquaintances.

The amount of THC in Trayvon's system indicates he smoked dope some time previously. It does not indicate that he was high. "I think he's on drugs" is a common statement for someone to make about another person acting what they think is "strangely".

Trayvon had no burglary tools or stolen property on his person when he was killed by Zimmerman. He was supposedly buying the skittles for someone else. He doesn't look like he ate that much candy. Walking in the rain is not strange behavior if a) you have no car, and b) you live somewhere where it rains a lot. Apparently it was really just drizzling, not downpouring.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
If the state had better evidence they were required to put it forward in the affidavit. What they did put forward though was pure crap.

I direct you to Alan Dershowitz... Harvard professor, prolific defense lawyer, and expert

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" - YouTube
Expert on what? So he's a defense lawyer. He knows how to get people off!

Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Quote:
Expert on what? So he's a defense lawyer. He knows how to get people off!
Yes just Alan Dershowitz... One of the most prolific defense attorneys around

Alan Morton Dershowitz (born September 1, 1938) is an American lawyer, jurist, and political commentator. He has spent most of his career at Harvard Law School where in 1967, at the age of 28, he became the youngest full professor of law in its history. He has held the Felix Frankfurter professorship there since 1993.[1]
Dershowitz is known for his involvement in several high-profile legal cases and as a commentator on the Arab–Israeli conflict. As a criminal appellate lawyer, he has won 13 of the 15 murder and attempted murder cases he has handled, and has represented a series of celebrity clients, including Mike Tyson, Patty Hearst, and Jim Bakker.[2] His most notable cases include his role in 1984 in overturning the conviction of Claus von Bülow for the attempted murder of his wife, Sunny, and as the appellate adviser for the defense in the O.J. Simpson trial in 1995.[3]
A political liberal,[4][5][6][7] he is the author of a number of books about politics and law, including Reversal of Fortune: Inside the von Bülow Case (1985), the basis of the 1990 film; Chutzpah (1991); Reasonable Doubts: The Criminal Justice System and the O.J. Simpson Case (1996); the best-selling The Case for Israel (2003); Rights From Wrongs: A Secular Theory of the Origins of Rights (2004)[8] and The Case for Peace (2005).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies