Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM

6,175 posts, read 13,013,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I still don't understand the mindset of those who disagree with Trayvon fighting Zimmerman. My son is 9 and I sure as hell would be LIVID if he didn't defend himself against a strange man following him. Zimmerman made a crucial error in not identifying himself to Trayvon. That could have defused the situation immediately. Up until that point, Trayvon had no idea who this guy was or what his intentions were. He was only concerned with getting this creepy guy away from him. It's very interesting that we are now telling possible victims to lay down and take it.
How do you know?

How do you know that anything in that paragraph is true or correct?
How do you know what Zimmerman said or didn't say to Martin? How do you know what Martin was concerned with? If you have something that illuminates that very intimate moment, please share it with us so we can all be aware of the facts you seem to have.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:07 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,406,935 times
The non-facts are getting complicated, people are having a hard time remembering their agenda, errr I mean stories.

Test of the media and the public at large.

1) How tall was Trayvon Martin?

2) Did Trayvon play football?

3) If yes, when did Trayvon play football?

4) Does anyone know what his nickname was?

5) Did the supposed altercation between Trayvon and George take place
a) On the sidewalk
b) On the grass

6) How far from the scene of the altercation was Zimmerman's truck?

7) How far from Zimmerman's truck were the mailboxes he was to meet the police at?

8) How far was the house where Trayvon was staying from Zimmerman's truck?

9) How far from Zimmerman's truck was the location of the alleged altercation?

10) If Trayvon was punching and pummelling Zimmerman, why was there a slight mark only on his left ring finger, below the knuckle?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:08 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,570,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, puhleeze! So everyone who has a Bic lighter is a drug user? I have a couple of lighters in the house and I don't smoke anything. Maybe he smoked cigarettes like a lot of high school students. (unfortunately)[snip]
I don't Know that tm smoked weed. Does THC occur naturally in the body ?

For some reason, the thought that he might smoke cigs never crossed my mind. Positive subliminal profiling I guess.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:15 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,269,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Interesting map. Why do you think that Trayvon was running all the way back to his home. More than likely he was running out of the sight of George. If according to your map, George spotted Trayvon upon entrance to the community at point A and began surveilling him and Trayvon noticed. It is not unfeasible to believe that Trayvon would have jogged to the sidewalk that went between the townhomes, then stopped jogging and returned to a normal stride. People do that all the time. Why would you think he would run all the way? Your posting this actually doesn't make any sense in that he would go home and double back. A more logical presumption would be that he jogged out of sight of Zimmerman then returned to normal strides, Zimmerman jumped out and ran after him and caught up and confronted him by asking him something and Trayvon responding with "why are you following me" and then the altercation beginning. We don't know who began it, but it doesn't make sense to me at all that Trayvon would run all the way home. I have young cousins and brothers around Trayvon's age and none of them run for long distances even though they are all athletes. One of my younger brothers is 6'3" and around 250 so VERY large, he is also quick, but he doesn't run if he doesn't have to and doesn't run very often period outside of playing sports.

Your scenario makes no sense. A tall kid jogging for 30 seconds would make it from the entrance to the sidewalk. I don't understand why you would even think he would run all the way home, at high speed at that, when he is on his phone. So I don't get it. I think you are trying to create some sort of story in your head with no factual basis since you nor I know what actually happened. If anything, I would think that this discredits Zimmerman, your scenario. If he had been heading back to his car and gotten attacked by Trayvon, why was he at the sidewalk where Trayvon was and not nearer to his vehicle?
You ignore the corroboration with the 911 call. Did you listen to it? Did you hear when the operator asks him where Trayvon is going he gets out of his truck? Did you hear him stop running and start walking back after the operator tells him he didn't need to be following?

Much of this stuff will come out if the case doesn't get dropped before trial.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,720,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I don't think he wears a white robe but he sure had some kind of delusions about being the big protector of the neighborhood with his gun. far too many people think they are law enforcement. it is BS
I agree with this 100%, have 2 wait 2rep u again, in S Florida as I wrote before I would NOT feel safe with GZ "patrolling the streets with a gun"
He is not a real cop, he had a criminal history, there is property crime in S Florida and the police are well able to keep an HOA or condo area safe, we dont need more wackos with guns "surveilling" and then acting out at random.

This is very scary, actually.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,771,831 times
It's amazing there are still people kicking that think one must be a cop to carry.

What is it about the 2nd amendment you people don't understand?

It must really suck to be dumb.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,550,998 times
I see the Pro-Trayvon crowd is still spinning and spinning.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:58 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,396,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
The non-facts are getting complicated, people are having a hard time remembering their agenda, errr I mean stories.

Test of the media and the public at large.

1) How tall was Trayvon Martin?

2) Did Trayvon play football?

3) If yes, when did Trayvon play football?

4) Does anyone know what his nickname was?

5) Did the supposed altercation between Trayvon and George take place
a) On the sidewalk
b) On the grass

6) How far from the scene of the altercation was Zimmerman's truck?

7) How far from Zimmerman's truck were the mailboxes he was to meet the police at?

8) How far was the house where Trayvon was staying from Zimmerman's truck?

9) How far from Zimmerman's truck was the location of the alleged altercation?

10) If Trayvon was punching and pummelling Zimmerman, why was there a slight mark only on his left ring finger, below the knuckle?
More questions

Why did he run from Zimmerman?

What did he have to drop and hide while he doubled back to attack Zimmerman like he did?

Why did he not just go home like most kids would have?

Why did his father not know he was not home until the next day? Great parenting huh?

Did he take martial arts to be busting up someone like he did?

With a lot of crimes in the area being committed by young black kids you would have thought he would have been told by the Father not to get into any trouble.

Did the Father tell him there was a neighborhood watch and to behave?

Why did Zimmerman notice he was acting so goofy and then we find out he was on drugs and high?

What was the reason he was in Sanford and not Miami? They seem to hide his massive problems and his Mom sent him to his Dads to see if he would learn something about how to behave.

Lots of unanswered questions that we still do not know about.

What right did he have to double around buildings an attack someone like he did? Was it because he was high or was it because he knew Zimmerman was watching him and he felt Zimmerman had no right to? When we all know it was Zimmermans job to protect the citizens of the area.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM

812 posts, read 599,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
what-ever.... It's impossible to have a discussion with someone who has only "canned" responses.
The only thing canned on this site is "leftist dogma biscuits"!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:30 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,306,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I agree with this 100%, have 2 wait 2rep u again, in S Florida as I wrote before I would NOT feel safe with GZ "patrolling the streets with a gun"
He is not a real cop, he had a criminal history, there is property crime in S Florida and the police are well able to keep an HOA or condo area safe, we dont need more wackos with guns "surveilling" and then acting out at random.
I just want to say, I don't agree with this sentiment. Property crimes are rarely ever solved. In most cases, the police won't even attempt to do a real investigation into most property crimes, unless there was significant damage.

I had my motorcycle stolen, and the cop seemed to be more interested in making sure I wasn't committing insurance fraud, than actually being concerned for my motorcycle. And I didn't even have theft coverage on my motorcycle to begin with.

Motorcycle thefts are almost never actually solved. If you are lucky, they'll ditch the motorcycle in a field somewhere, and the police will check the plates or VIN and you'll get it back. But most vehicle thefts end up in chop shops and the pieces get sold on Ebay.

The reality is that, there is very little the police can do in most cases. And the reason people lock their doors and get alarm systems, is because people understand that they need to at least make an attempt to protect themselves. The reason people carry pepper spray, or a firearm, is because the police simply can't be everywhere at all times.

So to believe that individuals should take absolutely no part in protecting their property and community, and that the police can actually protect absolutely anything, is foolish. In fact, the courts have already ruled that the police have no obligation to protect anything or anyone.

I'm not happy about Trayvon being killed, but this is the real world. And in the real world there are bad people, and Trayvon for some reason decided to dress up like a bad person. And if you are wearing the gangster uniform, there should be an expectation that people will think you are a gangster and act accordingly. And when you decide to punch someone in the face and then jump on top of them, there should also be an expectation that someone will react.

In this case, I don't particularly want to blame Trayvon Martin for his death. He was just a kid. I really blame his parents, and the black community. For allowing him to dress and act this way, and for pretending that this should be acceptable dress and behavior. And not simply being honest to kids, and telling them that if they dress and behave in a certain way, then people will assume them to be bad people.

Had Trayvon not been dressed like a gang member, and/or not been smoking marijuana. He would be alive today. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies