Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,894,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Zimmerman was a self-appointed vigilante, not part of any organized neighborhood watch.

I was listening to an interview with a guy who IS part of a Neighborhood Watch and he said they are NOT armed as part of their duties (although that doesn't stop them having their own personal weapons - it's just not part of the NW program) and they do NOT confront (or, as in the case of Zimmerman, hunt down and kill), that their job is simply to observe and call law enforcement if they feel it's necessary.
Does the Neighborhood Watch expressively say do not confront or is this an opinion form that "guy"... and if so, have they reiterated this during meetings? I didn't hear the interview but I wonder what other questions was asked...

Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,273,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He can confront anyone he wants to verbally.
But he didn't confront him "verbally" - he confronted him with a GUN.

He didn't need to confront him at all.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The Neighborhood Watch is not to confront strangers but to call the police with suspicious activity.
And you are of course, the expert on every Neighborhood Watch in the US...

Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,950,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You need it explained ? good luck
Typical response for someone who has no evidence to back themselves up.

YOU: "You are a liar"

ME: "Prove it." "I have video proof myself"

YOU: "If you can't figure it out yourself then too bad"

Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Did not hear fear in Zimmermans voice. What I did hear was that he was having an adrenal rush...he sounded like someone dear hunting...the description he was giving to the 911 operator sounded contrived...manipulative...the reaching into his waist band...the insinuation that the kid had a gun...only two people know what happened..and the kid is not talking...Zimmerman knows that...so do his lawyers and supporters who now believe - no culprits will dare enter their beloved and privledged gated community.
First you said that they were doing it to protect their property... and now you are implying that he did it for hunting... I give up...

Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,922,157 times
Can't play Devil's Advocate anymore....he is clean.....

He is also nowhere near the reported 250 pounds either.

They have to lock him up now.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,545,701 times
Its not his property. He is not the home owner. He is a 28 year old bum who lives at home playing with guns.

His job is to be the watch/kill boy? Really?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Recent pics of Trayvon before his death. Still looks very innocent looking to me.

Trayvon sure liked his candy...First the Skittles thing and here he is sporting a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Candy t-shirt. Poor kid. So so sad.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We don't know if -– as the NFM has baldly asserted -- it was Martin yelling "Help!" during the struggle. Before the case became a nationwide sensation, the lead detective told the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel that the police had played all the 911 calls for Martin's father, and he said the voice crying "Help!" was not his son's.

(The father has subsequently retracted that.)

'Post-Racial' Lynch Mob - HUMAN EVENTS
Please explain MFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Apart from that, pretty much all that is known with certainty is that Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious character in his neighborhood, and shortly thereafter he shot and killed Martin.
On the basis of little else, the media conjured a Hollywood script: A "white" man was "stalking" a little black kid -- who could be Obama's son! -- confronted him, beat him senseless as the small black child screamed for help, and finally shot the kid dead, "just because he was black."

Two weeks of nonstop hysteria later, it turns out that every part of that gripping plot is based on nothing that could be called a reasonable assumption, much less a fact.
Yes, we know that, but we have no idea why the shooting death of an unarmed person was not investigated; why the admitted shooter's claim of "self-defense" was accepted w/o question. Something is rotten in Sanford!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Did not hear fear in Zimmermans voice. What I did hear was that he was having an adrenal rush...he sounded like someone dear hunting...the description he was giving to the 911 operator sounded contrived...manipulative...the reaching into his waist band...the insinuation that the kid had a gun...only two people know what happened..and the kid is not talking...Zimmerman knows that...so do his lawyers and supporters who now believe - no culprits will dare enter their beloved and privledged gated community.
Priveleged? Correct me if I am wrong, but the community was described as being "mixed" with a sizable number of AAs (20%?) that included Treyvon's father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies