Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A bunch of inspertor Clouseau's. ABC should be ashamed of themselves for taking sides but that is their specialty.
They showed a video. Is that taking sides?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,611,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I personally don't wear band aids. I get blood drawn every other month and every month the phlebotomist puts on a bandage and within a second of leaving the office I take it off and throw it in the trash.
Um, what does your personal issues have to do with Zimmerman?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM

27,691 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I like this!
In this country you have to wait for it.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
They showed a video. Is that taking sides?
Duh they showed a video...duh...they had a bunch of words too..

Old 03-28-2012, 08:35 PM

584 posts, read 872,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
another lie, it was 'goon' no "f" word
You are obviously deaf or you didn't listen to the tape. The audio played on all radio and televised news. HE CALLED HIM A F$%^IN COON

Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Duh they showed a video...duh...they had a bunch of words too..
You mean where they said the video "showed no blood or bruises"? Did you see blood or bruises? If so isolate the images. This should be interesting.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,154,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Good points all. Shooting a guy in the chest who is right on top of you would probably suggest that you would have a lot of the victim's blood on you. Mostly because it is more than likely that the body would have fallen on you,
I'm fairly certain that Trayvon Martin was found face down when police arrrived. The shooting scenario is what I was most curious about. If Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman pummeling him (as Zimmerman claimed) he (Zimmerman) would have to reenact exactly where his hands were at that exact space in time. If he was fending Trayvon's assault off, at what point did he reach for his gun and as another poster inquired, was his gun locked? What was the distance from his hand holding the gun to Trayvon's chest? If he shot Trayvon at such a close proximity, would Trayvon's blood not be on Zimmerman's clothing? On the police video, there is no blood on Zimmerman's clothing...not even his own.

If Trayvon was found face down, did he spin and turn before he died? Was his yelling for help the result of seeing Zimmerman aim his gun? That would mean Zimmerman could have held him there as opposed to shooting to kill.

There are so many unanswered questions that are puzzling and frustrating the public...can anyone imagine how incredibly empty and frustrated his parents have been feeling.

It has crossed my mind that Zimmerman was in hiding to allow his non existent wounds to heal before he surfaced.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-28-2012 at 09:17 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 08:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,881,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
How am I a liberal? The video shows a clean shaven head. The reports talk about lacerations on the back of his head. Unless they gave him stitches a laceration requires some kind of cover up if treated by an EMT. Even with stitches they do the same. Hell tattoos are covered for a reason. To prevent infection.

He cleaned himself up while handcuffed? Good one.

A fight should show obvious injuries if THE OTHER PERSON IS SHOT! If you are not being injured, if you said you feared for your life, if people said you where being pummeled and if you claim self defense there needs to be wounds. Yes.

You are mad because you probably took the written report leaked at face value. It helped you backup your deep rooted racist feelings and then decided to pounce. Now that video......VIDEO.....evidence is out showing nothing that suggests that he was in a scuffle is out there you become defense and somehow feel that someones word is more conclusive than video.

I never took either side but this video has me wondering. Seriously. Think about it. You want to justify shooting someone you should at least have some semblance of proof and the anonymous statement, a police statement about being beaten is pale in comparison to video.
Lacerations should always be treated with stitches... Do you know if he was handcuffed before or after he cleaned himself (and if he did or not)? So you telling me a fight breaks out and one person is shot and there would always be obvious injury to the other person? Fear for your life doesn't mean beaten to an inch of your life... in fact, you don't even have to have ANY injuries in order to "fear for your lilfe" since that is a state of mind...

I am not mad... I am disappointed at how people can jump to the wrong conclusions and gone on and on and on and try to make up stuff that doesn't even make sense..... video is only caught in that specific place and that specific time... it doesn't talk to you to tell you what happened before... I am not justifying the shooting, what I am pointing out is poor conclusions from rhetoric rather than evidence... is this video even evidence? Is the prosecutor even going to use it? If not, then how in the world did it become "evidence" for the public community...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Exactly what side are they taking? If this video had shown Zimmerman bloodied and bruised, would you be giving kudos to ABC? Sucks when the video doesn't go your way, doesn't it?
the video not going my way?? just exactly what is my way??

Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
People making stupid and baseless claims gets my attention... you need to read your own post if you don't know what you said... Would you stop talking about premeditated conspiracy... we are talking about "conspiracy" per se period... you can dance the stupid dance but it just makes you look.... well, not bright... lying to cover up someone's crime is a conspiracy regardless of whether is was premeditated or not... it is really that simple... if you can't figure that out... there isn't anything the forum can do to educate you...
I think that you are the one that needs to reread because you seem to be getting mixed up with what has been said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.