Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
A boy half his size? Martin was a 6'3 football player, Zimmerman is 5'9 and out of shape. Martin was the aggressor. Get your facts straight.
Really? Zimmerman was in a car and told to wait for police. He chose to go after the kid. Who was the aggressor? The kid walking home from the store?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,739,791 times
in other news today!! 56 slaughtered in syria, 450 women raped, 34 kiled in car accidents, suicide bomber blows up 23 poor souls in iraq, six people were beat up by tsa agents, govenment just got bigger today, this months deficit will break last months record.. just saying

ohh!!! dang it, i almost forgot. lindsay lohan says she will pose full nude for hussler magizine for only $19.99

Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The media keeps playing this hypothetical game of ping pong. One day the evidence points to Zimmerman, the next day to Trayvon, and back and fourth we go.

Personally I don't see how the video really substantiates anything. The initial police report stated that he was bleeding from the nose, had markings on the back of his head and appeared to have grass on his back. But it didn't say anything about "gushing" blood at the nose or blood all over his shirt, which a sensationalist journalist clearly would have printed. I agree with EdwardA that there definitely appears to be something irregular on the top back portion of his head. I think who ever medically treated him will give a better indication of just what type of injuries he sustained if any.

All that being said, you still have to question the witness who allegedly saw this going down. You also have to take a look at the results of the ballistics tests that were ran, and you still have to take into consideration that the feds, state's attorney and the locals were all privy to this video prior to becoming public--yet still no arrest. When and if they do arrest him, is the same day that I believe they have him cornered.

All in all I think people are just seeing what they want to see.
Oh, this is certainly true. The pro-Zimmerman folks are now suddenly video skeptics.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,262,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Hoodies ? I Wear That
Arizona ? I Drink That
Skittles ? I Eat That
Justice ? I Want That
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I like this!
Me, too - except for the part about the Skittles. Blech. Can't stand 'em.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
in other news today!! 56 slaughtered in syria, 450 women raped, 34 kiled in car accidents, suicide bomber blows up 23 poor souls in iraq, six people were beat up by tsa agents, govenment just got bigger today, this months deficit will break last months record.. just saying

ohh!!! dang it, i almost forgot. lindsay lohan says she will pose full nude for hussler magizine for only $19.99
And I hope they, like Trayvon, gets justice.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,964 times
Actually, here is a link from an Orlando Sentinel article about the responsibilities of those involved with neighborhood watches. Those involved with neighborhood watches are not to confront strangers within the community. There were other rules broken, which the article points out.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012...od-watch-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post

Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch and as part of the duty is to confront strangers within the community... the facts are the PD dispatch can say whatever they want, the reason they say what they say is because of liability... if you are chasing a KNOWN fugitive, you know what they say? Don't do it... if you are chasing someone who just got kidnapped in a car, you know what they say? Don't do it... if you saw a murder and chased after that person, you know what they say? Don't do it... do you get the picture? What Zimmerman does has no bearing on what the dispatcher says.. disobeying the dispatcher is not a crime and its not mandatory... Zimmerman may have been the aggressor but that is exactly what a Neighborhood Watch is suppose to do... confront strangers in the community... what happens afterward is not clear since no complete testimony has been released...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,354 times
In the 911 tapes, a lady who saw them, said that she saw a man with a white shirt on top of another person and that he had just shot him. Remember if you heard the 911 calls, that Zimmerman stated that Trayvon had on a dark gray hoodie. Now, Zimmerman is claiming that Trayvon was on top of him beating him. But, how was Trayvon on top when the lady clearly stated this and was terrified when she saw the man in the white shirt (Zimmerman) on top of the other person (Trayvon) and then shot him? What other evidence is really needed?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its based on stupid talk and which political party does a lot of stupid talk on this forum...

The lead investigator wanted to charge on zero evidence and nothing to refute Zimmerman's testimony... what does that tell you... Why the body was labeled as John Doe, I don't know... did they have Martin's driver's license? I don't know... why are you asking me questions that only the investigators would know? Again, I don't know...

Did every single incident of a death related to gunshot wound result in bloody clothes, cause if it did, a lot of murderers would be free right about know... figure that out...

Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch and as part of the duty is to confront strangers within the community... the facts are the PD dispatch can say whatever they want, the reason they say what they say is because of liability... if you are chasing a KNOWN fugitive, you know what they say? Don't do it... if you are chasing someone who just got kidnapped in a car, you know what they say? Don't do it... if you saw a murder and chased after that person, you know what they say? Don't do it... do you get the picture? What Zimmerman does has no bearing on what the dispatcher says.. disobeying the dispatcher is not a crime and its not mandatory... Zimmerman may have been the aggressor but that is exactly what a Neighborhood Watch is suppose to do... confront strangers in the community... what happens afterward is not clear since no complete testimony has been released...
No his job is NOT to "confront" people on the street minding their own business. He is not a police officer and has no right to detain or question anybody that he does not see in the act of a crime. His job is to WATCH which means observe and report. I hope to God some ******* tries that with me on a street after dark. They will be hauling me to the station and him to the morgue. I have a right to walk on any street at anytime and not be stalked or questioned. No, I am not interested in talking to you. Go about your business. When men I don't know approach me after dark, I assume my life is in imminet danger. That I may be robbed or killed.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The media keeps playing this hypothetical game of ping pong. One day the evidence points to Zimmerman, the next day to Trayvon, and back and fourth we go.

Personally I don't see how the video really substantiates anything. The initial police report stated that he was bleeding from the nose, had markings on the back of his head and appeared to have grass on his back. But it didn't say anything about "gushing" blood at the nose or blood all over his shirt, which a sensationalist journalist clearly would have printed. I agree with EdwardA that there definitely appears to be something irregular on the top back portion of his head. I think who ever medically treated him will give a better indication of just what type of injuries he sustained if any.

All that being said, you still have to question the witness who allegedly saw this going down. You also have to take a look at the results of the ballistics tests that were ran, and you still have to take into consideration that the feds, state's attorney and the locals were all privy to this video prior to becoming public--yet still no arrest. When and if they do arrest him, is the same day that I believe they have him cornered.

All in all I think people are just seeing what they want to see.
This to me is far more important than what may or may not be in the video. If this was a video from let's say the gas station across the street or something than we could say ah ha! Yet this a police video they've had this for weeks and I'd like to assume this has been seen already by the prosecutors and the Feds. Yet Zimmerman is still walking around. If they don't charge him by the grand jury date, the case is just very weak, the new prosecutor said as much during an interview. The grand jury will indict most likely but the state will have to offer him a favorable plea deal which will just enrage people more.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,262,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
another lie, it was 'goon' no "f" word
The 'f' word was there, claud.

So, no, it was NOT a term of "endearment."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies