Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Obviously I'm talking about the DA who was dismissed (you know, the one who didn't want to charge Zimmerman).

So you're inclined to believe that Zimmerman was jumped from the back. Yeah, that makes sense. Of course, if you're jumped from the back, doesn't that involve taking the person down to the ground? Where did the punch to the face come into play?
Don't know that's the state's problem. Evidently even after all of this scrutiny and pressure they still can't charge him. The new DA is on record saying if she has enough evidence to charge Zimmerman before the grand jury date she will. That's two weeks away. We are already two weeks into the intense national media frenzy and a month after this incident yet no arrest.

Sorry folks unless something dramatic happens this case isn't going anywhere. A tape that the police have had in their possession for a month is not going to change matters.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You can see stitches in the video? You know anyone who says that is full of BS... how long are the lacerations? 1 cm? half a cm? How deep was the laceration? 2 mm? 3? I have been around betadine longer than you, so take your hooey and take a walk... bandages will be up to the patient and EMT? (If there was an EMT) So your insistence of an EMT is really just that, facts not yet entered into evidence... Do I see a broken nose on Zimmerman in the video? No... but what is considered a broken nose? That is a terminology the police used, I am not sure what they are referring to.. a nose that is bleeding? A nose that is smashed? Do you know? You seem to because you are alleging that all "broken noses" look alike and treatment that you assumed to have happened.. does that make you more legitimate or someone who questions your legitimacy? All I said, is that the video doesn't support your conclusions... Again you bring your expectation of evidence, not really what happened, then assume to know what happen and be willing to ram charges onto a person when in fact, you don't know and you don't have any evidence to the contrary... I don't know the circumstance of the kid's situation in the morgue... shame for what? That a kid is dead? Of course, a loss of life is always a shame... or are you talking circumstances which nobody here really knows anything about and making conclusions on it?
Do you see an injury consistent with someone who's had a severe beating? If he wasn't treated by EMTs at the scene, why is he free of blood and his clothing clean? Is his nose swollen and is there significant
bruising under either or both of his eyes or his nose? His nose didn't have to be broken to bleed, and there's no blood on his gray tee shirt. As for Betadine, the statements in the posts aren't accurate...I've ruined too many uniforms with it to credit such claims, and I've worked on surgical floors for years...even with diligent washing, Betadine remains on the skin for several days, not a few hours. I expected nothing; I thought that Zimmerman accosted Martin and was injured. I do not see a man whose
face, head or clothing reflect a beating. If one can't grasp that knowing the name of a deceased teen yet keeping him in the morgue for three days while his family is frantically looking for him is a shameful situation,
then such a total lack of compassion is stunning. Stop putting words into my posts that aren't there; I'm making observations, and I'm far from being the only person to see that Zimmerman's story just fell apart.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
But he didn't confront him "verbally" - he confronted him with a GUN.

He didn't need to confront him at all.
Bull crap. You don't know this information.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,262,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
ZIMMERMAN IS CHUCK NORRIS!! IT MAKES SENSE NOW

lol
Too tall.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No actually they don't. If they didn't do it when he was initially taken in as shown in the video. Why do it now? What has changed?

This is a police video. The police work for the state evidently whatever or however he is shown in the video was not important enough to arrest him.
He doesn't even look like he was in a game of badminton let alone being beat within reason to think he was about to die and needing to kill somebody.

He should have been arrested. The police screwed this investigation from the get go. Even if Zimmerman looked like a 200 lb bag of shredded wheat when the police got there they still have to arrest him.

I stated this from the beginning, he should have been arrested. He should have been treated if he had injuries and he should have undergone a sobriety test and admitted for blood testing.

The burden of proof, even under these SYG laws, is always on the defendant. The law is meant to protect but not grant immunity.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
[quote=ChocLot;23617180]Recent pics of Trayvon before his death. Still looks very innocent looking to me.

Black families can be fine upstanding people...white trash can be rich...and not be upstanding...just because someone lives in a gated hood....and may have more money...does not make them superior. Nor does it give them the right to be crazy---which Zimmerman seemed to be...what a waste...of a life....Am sorry for using the term "white trash"--- but money does not buy class...so perhaps I will just say...dumb elite thinking white people....

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He doesn't even look like he was in a game of badminton let alone being beat within reason to think he was about to die and kill somebody.

He should be arrested. The police screwed this investigation from the get go. Even if Zimmerman looked like a 200 lb bag of shredded wheat when the police got there they still have to arrest him.

I stated this from the beginning, he should have been arrested. He should have been treated if he had injuries and he should have undergone a sobriety test and admitted for blood testing.

The burden of proof, even under these SYG laws, is always on the defendant. The law is meant to protect but not grant immunity.
Thank you. The only dog I have in this fight is that from what is being reported NO forensic evidence was taken. No photos of the beaten victim (Zimmerman). No apparent wounds in the video. Other than the statement of the shooter and an anonymous witness nothing shows any semblance of an investigation.

That's my beef.

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This is pretty funny coming from someone who spends 23 hours a day here, ranting about President Obama and Donald Trump and Sheriff Arapaio and jesus on a motorcycle and god and gays and.......

LOL
Touché

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Trayvon is on top right? Zimmerman shoots him. Blood, gun shot residue or something has to be present on the front of his shirt.....unless Zimmerman has the ability to control gravity right?

Forensic evidence is never collected as far as has been reported. Forensics usually trump a verbal statement.
The police report cites:

"the black male was lying face down on the ground with his arms under his body."

Still trying to figure out how that happened if Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Trayvon is on top right? Zimmerman shoots him. Blood, gun shot residue or something has to be present on the front of his shirt.....unless Zimmerman has the ability to control gravity right?

Forensic evidence is never collected as far as has been reported. Forensics usually trump a verbal statement.
Says who are you a blood spatter expert? Actually if shot at close range the less likely you are to get the victim's blood on you. I know it seems counterintuitive but there is science behind it.

Quote:
If a gunshot occured at close range, the victim might have stippling, or burns on his skin from gunpowder. Shots fired at very close range can also cause internal muzzle staining. When this happens, the victim's blood is sucked back into the gun's muzzle by the cooling of the explosive gases that are released when a short is fired. Testing the gun's muzzle for blood can provide an additional clue to solve a case.
HowStuffWorks "Blood Spatter"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies