Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times

Advertisements

This isn't about Dem or R idiot.....I know in your football centric worldview you would love it to be but it is not. Stop trolling and go get educated......

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Zimmerman had holstered gun on his person. Why carry a gun, if you don't plan to use it?

As for witnesses, we have Trayvon on the phone with his girlfriend seconds before he was shot. She states that he was being followed and she told him to run. According to this witness, there was no time for Zimmerman to return to his truck... Phone records substantiate that Trayvon was, indeed, on the phone seconds before he was shot.

Ask the states that allow concealed weapons. He was legally allowed to carry a gun, the end. It's legal.

Suncc49 debunked that his call with his girlfriend couldn't have happened.

I'm not sure how you think Trayvon was on the phone, I suppose talking while holding the phone with his left hand, throwing punches while on top of Zimmerman with his right hand, "seconds" before being shot. The timeline doesn't work out, unless you assume there was absolutely no struggle and witness testimonies are false.

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Uh well...they found stolen women's jewelry and a "large flathead screwdriver" which was believed to be a burgarly tool.
They found women's jewelry...there is no evidence to suggest it was stolen.

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
What matters is what he did, not his political affiliation. Quit trolling.

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Those of us with critical thinking abilities, I suppose..
Or no reading comprehension abilities it appears...

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Martin had school suspensions for tardiness, truancy, and one for graffiti-ing a locker. None of those are violent, and Martin doesn't have to be an angel to not be gunned down on his way back from a convenience store.

Zimmerman's criminal history included battery of an officer and domestic violence. Google is your friend.

George Zimmerman, Neighborhood Watch Captain Who Shot Trayvon Martin, Charged With Violence Before

To the tune of 46 times over a couple of months for everything from a kid is walking around in a hoodie to a window was left open???

Face it, the guy was a nut. A nut with a criminal history patrolling the neighborhood, no wonder why an unarmed kid gets shot.
I don't believe that HuffPost article, it's extremely biased. The link to Zimmermans prior arrest doesn't work. We know there are several Trayvon Martins on Facebook, it's safe to assume there are lots of George Zimmermans. So many lies circulating. Turns out that George is 5'7, while Trayvon was a 6'3 football player and likely a burglar. Stop feeding the mob mentality.

As for all the calls, it shows he did not take the law into his own hands, and that he was dedicated to keeping the residents safe. Blacks have been known to call 911 when McDonalds runs out of fries.

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
And it wouldn't have IF Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle as instructed. He is responsible for everything that happened after he made the decision to pursue Trayvon.
If Zimmerman was attacked while retreating back to his vehicle, then that is on TM. You don't have the right to attack someone because they're an idiot.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trayvon may have indeed been "casing" homes in the neigborhood for burglary. Zimmerman was right to continue watching him until the police arrived.
Yes, because he has a long history of doing such.

Look.

I'm not saying that Zimmerman was wrong, or that Trayvon was innocent, I'm waiting until all the facts come out.

Until then, such bull as "FOMG HE HAD A BURGARLY TOOL" "LOOK LOOK HE WAS SUSPENDED FOR TRACE AMOUNTS OF POT IN A BAGGIE DESPITE NOT HAVING POT IN HIS SYSTEM" needs to stop.

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) I never thought I would see the term "cosplay" used in this particular forum. Thank you for that.

2) Who was she?
To be fair, I was dressed as Ashton Anchors. Dragons and all.

But yeah. Point stands. People will see what they want out of anything. Me? I was great testing the durability of my dragons while walking to a friend's house. Cop thought I was up to no good.

Also, I frequently have screwdrivers, measuring tape, and a box cutter on my person. I also frequently have a sonic screwdriver on me. I must be a burglar waiting to strike!

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This has nothing to do with white racists. Regardless of who is to blame, don't you think both sides of the story should be heard and seen? At this stage no one really knows, other than maybe Zimmerman himself what really happened, but you are not really going to try and convince anyone this kid was just a sweet, darling who did nothing wrong. No one is saying a residue in a baggy justifies killing anyone. What is happening, we are not seeing the other side of the story. For a couple of weeks we have only heard the victoms side.

Nita
We haven't heard the victim's side and never will. The victim is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies