Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 PM

812 posts, read 596,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well thank you for responding.

On the 911 tapes we hear Zimmerman breathing heavily, in fact the 911 dispatcher asked him are you following him. Zimmerman said yes he was.

He is a big man who was running and was out of breath.

"We don't need you to do that" said the dispacher. Zimmerman said "OK" and contined to do that.

I don't consider someone the aggressor when they're being followed/chased and they turn around and decide to defend themself.

Zimmerman wasn't Reginald Denny of the LA riots of 1992, a white truckdriver who was pulled out of his truck and almost beaten to death. For being the wrong color, in the wrong place, at the wrong time as the SHTF.

And let's not turn him into Denny.

Zimmerman is a loose cannon. He is a "cop wannabe".

There u go with ur clairvoyance again. You got that entire image from hearing a fat white boy breathe...hmm...shades of OJ. Is it possible just possible that Zimmerman was already retreating and that is why he was breathing heavily. "so what do you have to say about that Mr fung,"

Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,683,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Originally Posted by quality guy
''Do you not think they may have polished up 'the real Trayvon's image, etc., to 'sell' this to the public??''

Answer this part of my question?

Polished up his image? How? I think he's a regular teenager, and being presented as such.

Do you still believe that the picture is him?

It seems to me like people want to villify him as some sort of horrible person who deserved to be shot.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
My ancestors were eaten by Mormons on the pass, do I hold Mormons responsible for anything bad that has happened to me? No I do not. It's in the past, cannot be changed...we can only LEARN from the past.
Your ancestors were not eaten by Mormons, magoo.

The Donner Party was a group of 87 American pioneers who were headed from Missouri to California in 1846, and who found themselves stranded in the Sierra Nevadas (on what became known as the Donner Pass) in November snowstorms. This was not a company of Mormon pioneers at all. In a last ditch attempt to stay alive, some members of the party did eat the remains of some of their fellow travelers who had previously died. The "Mormon connection" to this story is that members of the Mormon Battalion were among the first to arrive to rescue those who had not died, and to give a proper burial to those who had.

Roughly ten years later, a group of Mormon pioneers (the Willey and Martin handcart companies) found themselves in a similar situation when early winter storms stranded them on the plains on Wyoming. Over 200 men, woman and children died of starvation and exposure -- NOBODY ATE ANYBODY ELSE.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm still inclined to believe that Zimmerman initiated some kind of altercation with Trayvon and will face some charges but its getting harder and harder to look at Trayvon as being completely innocent of at least some culpabality.
Some culpability -- how????

Even if you do believe the leaks and the story line that is gradually coming to the surface (which I absolutely do not, but I'll humor you)...it still doesn't make a difference. For every bit of "evidence" that comes out against Trayvon, there is a rational explanation; there is no explanation for George Zimmerman for following, confronting, and shooting an unarmed teenager and killing him. That's pretty much it. If Trayvon Martin had followed Zimmerman; if Trayvon Martin had been caught breaking into someone's home...if any of the things that conservatard apologists for racism are hinting at but in no way proving with regard to Martin's character were true, I would definitely be inclined to say let's wait, there's more to the story. But there's not more to the story unless someone has real solid evidence to the contrary.

Even if you believe, for example, that Trayvon "went for the gun"...why [MOD CUT/profanity] an armed robber can pull a gun on some hapless victim, and then shoot him when his victim fights back or goes for his gun. That's why all of you retards are really being stupid as [MOD CUT/profanity] when you defend this guy. There is nothing to defend. Stop defending him. You're wrong. Period. Get over it. Go back to denying global warming or something.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2012 at 10:03 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,026 times
I've not heard a single liberal on here admit that there's media bias at play here. It's like they can't accept that both Trayvon's death and media race-baiting are very unfortunate events. There's gonna be more blood spilled from this, just wait.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
You're assuming Zimmerman was the initial agressor. Following someone and asking him what he's doing WITHOUT any other facts cannot be interpret as aggression.
The hell it can't be. Tell you what, why don't you try following me down a dark street at night and ask me what I am doing and see what happens next. He has no right to question anybody walking down a public street minding their own business.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,262,026 times
I find it funny nobody has learned a damn thing since the Duke lacrosse incident. The media and everyone in the United States hounded the kids and false reports went on airwaves and guess what, when the story finally unraveled it showed that the kids weren't rapists or anything and were innocent of all crimes.

Now look at this situation. I'm not defending Zimmerman, but I wish people and the media would stop jumping the gun and stop calling this a race issue of a guy randomly shooting someone because their black. We don't know the full story yet. He could be guilty of everything, but why don't we wait to hear the full story and all the facts?

Speaking of facts, let's start with putting a picture of of Treyvon that's recent? Why are they only showing a grade school picture of him? He was 17 and 6'3 when this tragedy occurred.

Regardless, I will say, white people will take a fall here. If he's convicted of these crimes, then he was a racist and white people will be further attacked for racism. If he some how doesn't face charges, then it's because the country is racist and doesn't care about the black man.

Personally, I feel he could very well be guilty of all things accused of. And if so, I hope he pays the price. But, if we've learned anything from the Duke lacrosse story, wait for the damn facts to come out before crucifying anyone of ANY RACE.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,396,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I've not heard a single liberal on here admit that there's media bias at play here. It's like they can't accept that both Trayvon's death and media race-baiting are very unfortunate events. There's gonna be more blood spilled from this, just wait.
Then you haven't been paying attention. I admitted it in the early stages of one of these threads. So have others. Don't know how you missed it....

Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Was that sarcastic? I have a lot of my own problems, and I never said I was better than a Black person. I was only pointing out that nobody ever stops me because of my appearance. (unless it's to hit on me, of course!
Yes, it was a bit sarcastic. Given the fact that you're a 61 year old female, I doubt it's your race that tends to keep the looks of suspicious away (if not the other kinds of looks).

I'm 24 and white, and because I dress and act like a young professional I'm given no problems. But when my friends and I were in high school we were cop magnets (most of the time we were innocent). I've even had a "run-in" with some neighborhood watch people for driving around late at night-thankfully it did not turn violent.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
If you want me to admit that the media is having a field day with this story, I absolutely, positively, 100 percent agree with you. They're "biased" in the sense that they enjoy conflict -- it brings in viewers, which brings in more advertising revenue. That was the game I learned about in J-school, and that's why I got out of that god-foresaken mess of a machine we sometimes refer to as the fourth branch of government.

But bias in terms of showing support for Trayvon Martin? Look, the guy is dead. What does it matter anyway? People want justice. Is that too much to ask for a dead teenager -- or his parents? Is it too much to ask that a jury of 12 hear evidence and make a judgment about this guy? I'm done judging Zimmerman. My judgment's already past. You've judged him, too. Let an impartial jury decide for the sake of justice. That's all I ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies