Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Here is an excerpt from Trayvon Slimm Martin's facebook"

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

For those of you who don't want to click, it says this...

Friend: Yeooo Happy Birthday, but pik up the fone or hmu got business to talk!

Trayvon Slimm Martin: NO PHON

friend: damn where you at a n!gga need a plant!

Disclaimer: Now I am NOT saying he is a drug dealer, but this was posted on his facebook on Feb 5, 2012. Anyone can check it for themselves. It sounds as if they are referring to the sale of marijuana....or maybe a legal houseplant...who knows...

And sooooo......you think the kid should be dead now because...
I don't care if he was an honors student, church attender, volunteer worker, on student council, or what ever the opposite of that might be, or somewhere in between.

NO ONE HAD THE RIGHT TO EXECUTE HIM!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,670,934 times
I would like to see if Obama would lay claim to the young black man "as a son", that shot a 90 year old man and raped and killed his 85 year old wife in Tulsa a few days ago. Me thinks not

Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 PM

40,977 posts, read 49,325,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I AM accurate. Mr. OB stands for Mr. Obama.
I like to call him Mr. Amabo because everything he does is backazzwards to common sense.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,172,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Was anything found on him at the scene where he was shot? If not, this is totally irrelevant. Again, blame the victim.

I guess one reason I'm so infuriated by many of these posts is that a teenager was shot who might or might not have some past school suspensions or minor offenses, all non-violent. Child rapists are alive and well and given short sentences so they can go out and do it again. I wish Zimmerman was going around shooting all of them.

Bottom line, a young man was shot. There is nothing to link him to any crime in the neighborhood, he wasn't carrying a weapon or any "tools" and he wasn't on drugs.

Gosh, what else are they going to start publishing about this kid?
Bingo!!! These people are honestly hoping that there is no true investigation. They hear the word "gun" and attribute wholesome virtues to the shooter and get warm and fuzzy all over. Zimmerman has a record of violence, so how could he possibly be in the wrong. Ass backwards, demented thinking anyone?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,714,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I am not going to go into the Stand Your Ground Law, which is a DUMB LAW initiated in a DUMB STATE, and should be repealed
So just because one idiot killed a poor kid and the police department was too incompetent to arrest him, you want to repeal a law that lets me legally use deadly force if someone is threatening my life? Cool.

12,770 posts, read 11,587,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Let's play "spot Trayvon".

Which one is fake?
They are all Trayvon Martin, according to facebook.

14,268 posts, read 18,974,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I wear hoodies and baggy pants every day and people don't even think I'm a slacker, let alone a thug.

I frequent all parts of the city, with wide ranges in racial and socioeconomic make-up.

The privilege of being white in America.
Thank you. I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. I often wear baggy sweat pants or jeans and, although it's hot in SWFL, I've worn a hoodie on a cool night or windy day, especially in the winter. In February we had some very cold nights. I'm 61, White and female. Maybe some of the wealthier, more stylish people around here shake their heads and think "what a shlumpadinka" but nobody calls 911 or follows me with a gun.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 PM

812 posts, read 596,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I notice you didn't answer my questions Valerie.

What would you do if someone was coming up behind you as you were walking at night alone?

A man, who wasn't in a police car. Just some big guy coming towards you.

What would you do? If he was gaining on you, would you fight back?

I hope so.
Yes dear if that is what happened up against the wall and given the opportunity I would protect myself. I believe you are guilty of painting the picture you want. You are indeed making assumptions that are really not likely unless you believe the hierarchy and street officers of an entire police force are racist. My god do you people not realize how improbable your wishful thinking is likely to be. If I am wrong I forward apologize and if Zimmerman was the aggressor and not in retreat I am embarrassed for mr the news reports the Florida officials et al. My question for you is will you accept the truth if an eye witness indicates the young man was the aggressor? If he was the aggressor and if he in fact approached him and beat him did he have the right to protect himself? Do you give yourself that right whether your aggressor is black or white?

These are good questions for the right to own a firearm. Might want to be careful who's door you jerk open. I am not a mean person but I don't intend to be harmed as a helpless female. I hope I am never tested but should that happen I hope the whole country doesn't assume I am guilty just because the left wing media posts a picture of my aggressor when he was 5 yrs younger. That is hype is there anyone here that will not at least concede the probability that this was not a cold blooded racist event. I am really sorry for the young man very sad. We all need to tuck away some anger and go to work helping one another. When is this racist quick draw McGraw crap ever going to end!?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,587,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I am asking you to source the gold teeth picture that you are posting.

I linked you to pages that photos are being pulled from.

I explained that photos have been pulled from Facebook and Twitter from a Trayvon that is not the one that was killed.

Again, if you can source the gold tooth photo, I will happily admit I am wrong. Your source is that you think they look alike. Provide a legit source for the photo, please.
Stand down. Is it Trayvon Martin or not?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,689,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Stand down. Is it Trayvon Martin or not?
Stand down? Excuse me?

You think all 3 of those photos are Trayvon Martin "according to Facebook"

They're not.

One is a Trayvon Martin from Georgia (the middle finger shot). The gold tooth shot is taken from a Twitter page that has not been proven to be Trayvon. I have never seen the middle picture before, so I have no comment on that one.

May I ask, do you think the middle finger shot is of the deceased?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies