Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Hmmm I'll reserve judgment for now until more of the story comes out. I know that locally people are selling T-shirts with his image & name on them for $10 a pop. Maybe she's trying to prevent that (which still wouldn't work) or maybe she's trying to make some money off it (which would be disgusting). We shall see what happens next.
I'm not so sure it would be disgusting. The family's efforts to get justice for their son is costing a lot of money. They are also starting a fundraising campaign for a non-profit they're establishing in memory of their son. With everything that's been going on in the past month, both of them haven't been able to work. A lot of parents whose children have been murdered have foundations or write books. I mentioned in another post that John Walsh (America's Most Wanted) based his entire career on the murder of his little boy Adam. Marc Klaas runs a foundation in memory of his daughter Polly. They didn't ask for this to happen.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,668,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Yes dear if that is what happened up against the wall and given the opportunity I would protect myself. I believe you are guilty of painting the picture you want. You are indeed making assumptions that are really not likely unless you believe the hierarchy and street officers of an entire police force are racist. My god do you people not realize how improbable your wishful thinking is likely to be. If I am wrong I forward apologize and if Zimmerman was the aggressor and not in retreat I am embarrassed for mr the news reports the Florida officials et al. My question for you is will you accept the truth if an eye witness indicates the young man was the aggressor? If he was the aggressor and if he in fact approached him and beat him did he have the right to protect himself? Do you give yourself that right whether your aggressor is black or white?

These are good questions for the right to own a firearm. Might want to be careful who's door you jerk open. I am not a mean person but I don't intend to be harmed as a helpless female. I hope I am never tested but should that happen I hope the whole country doesn't assume I am guilty just because the left wing media posts a picture of my aggressor when he was 5 yrs younger. That is hype is there anyone here that will not at least concede the probability that this was not a cold blooded racist event. I am really sorry for the young man very sad. We all need to tuck away some anger and go to work helping one another. When is this racist quick draw McGraw crap ever going to end!?
Well thank you for responding.

On the 911 tapes we hear Zimmerman breathing heavily, in fact the 911 dispatcher asked him are you following him. Zimmerman said yes he was.

He is a big man who was running and was out of breath.

"We don't need you to do that" said the dispacher. Zimmerman said "OK" and contined to do that.

I don't consider someone the aggressor when they're being followed/chased and they turn around and decide to defend themself.

Zimmerman wasn't Reginald Denny of the LA riots of 1992, a white truckdriver who was pulled out of his truck and almost beaten to death. For being the wrong color, in the wrong place, at the wrong time as the SHTF.

And let's not turn him into Denny.

Zimmerman is a loose cannon. He is a "cop wannabe".

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Dr Drew and Nancy Grace are just PRAYING they arrest Zimmerman and they would give their first born if they can make it into a racial conflict. And race riots, they may both die of joy. Nancy Grace was actually close to fake tears at the end of her show, very pathetic.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:06 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,668,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Dr Drew and Nancy Grace are just PRAYING they arrest Zimmerman and they would give their first born if they can make it into a racial conflict. And race riots, they may both die of joy. Nancy Grace was actually close to fake tears at the end of her show, very pathetic.

b ! t c h cant even dance

Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM

812 posts, read 596,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The law is too vague and is opening up too many loopholes making it way too easy to claim self defense. When a person's word, afer they have killed someone, is all that is needed to release them from liabilbity, it seems to be a direct violation of civilized justice. I cannot believe that everyione cannot see the fatal flaw with the way this law is written.
Could you please post the law for us the way it is written. Since you evidently have gone over it well and reached a legal understanding it would be very beneficial to the rest of us if you could share your understanding of just those parts you find the most offensive and indefensable. On a personal level I would be particularly interested in your scholarly interpretation of "when a persons word after they have killed someone is all that is needed". This would be very useful in the Zimmerman defense.

I'm not so sure personally mr. Sycofnc that I would want to make my personal defensive stand on killing someone under your loose interpretation but you do sound pretty sure of yourself could you sight the reference from your manual of arms or whatever your source I want to put it in my purse for quick reference.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
You must be so, so blessed to be white.
Was that sarcastic? I have a lot of my own problems, and I never said I was better than a Black person. I was only pointing out that nobody ever stops me because of my appearance. (unless it's to hit on me, of course!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thank you. I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. I often wear baggy sweat pants or jeans and, although it's hot in SWFL, I've worn a hoodie on a cool night or windy day, especially in the winter. In February we had some very cold nights. I'm 61, White and female. Maybe some of the wealthier, more stylish people around here shake their heads and think "what a shlumpadinka" but nobody calls 911 or follows me with a gun.
the one thing that i do think is being overlooked is that there was a minor crime wave in this community, and that the community had black, white, and latino residents, so blacks were likely being burgled also.

i am sure that everybody who lived there was tired of that.

according to other reports, the victim had some women's jewelry he couldn't account for when he was suspended from school previously.

of course, that is still no excuse for what amounts to a overzealous vigilante with a gun, probably hoping for his own citizen's arrest moment, and he probably saw himself (before the incident) as the future neighborhood "hero".

Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,668,772 times
Quote:
Was that sarcastic? I have a lot of problems, and I never said I was better than a Black person. I was only pointing out that nobody ever stops me because of my appearance. (unless it's to hit on me, of course!

Hiya hot stuff!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,665,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Well, it's not. It's of a Trayvon Martin living in Georgia who is still breathing.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Trayvon-Martin/100001791912868 (broken link)

Originally Posted by quality guy
''Do you not think they may have polished up 'the real Trayvon's image, etc., to 'sell' this to the public??''

Answer this part of my question?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,392,969 times
Quote:
I'm not so sure it would be disgusting. The family's efforts to get justice for their son is costing a lot of money. They are also starting a fundraising campaign for a non-profit they're establishing in memory of their son. With everything that's been going on in the past month, both of them haven't been able to work. A lot of parents whose children have been murdered have foundations or write books. I mentioned in another post that John Walsh (America's Most Wanted) based his entire career on the murder of his little boy Adam. Marc Klaas runs a foundation in memory of his daughter Polly. They didn't ask for this to happen.
They were given thousands of dollars recently by some local businesses as well as some public figures. I have no issue with them starting foundations, writing books, having tv shows but I hope they're not going to sale tshirts or other items for a profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.