Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Yes they did AFTER tainting public opinion with their own interpretation of the results.

How is this the 'RIGHT THING'?
I hope to become an attorney - a defense attorney - the law does not ally.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,945,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It doesn't matter if TM was a "gangsta", or a "bad boy" with a criminal record - being suspended from school doesn't constitute a criminal record - or a star athelete with a squeaky clean background and a straight A student, the police should have followed the same procedure if the SYG law did not exist, if for no other reason to protect the person who committed a murder, which would probably go way beyond taking someone's word.
This is all a part of a repukikan party CIA-inspired right-wing plot to keep the black man down. Even those photos of Treyvon with gold teeth are obviously photoshopped.

Here's a photo taken of Treyvon shortly before he was murdered in cold blood by that racist nazi White man.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial? - Wendy Kaminer - National - The Atlantic

As millions of people rally online and thousands march in the streets demanding justice for Trayvon Martin, the state or federal prosecution of George Zimmerman seems increasingly likely. But ... as millions of people rally online and thousands march in the streets, Zimmerman's prospects for a fair trial seem increasingly unlikely.
No he could not at this time get a fair trial

Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,553,546 times
Watching the Town Hall Circus Act has been really entertaining. The truth will expose itself and I believe the ring leaders, clowns & animals will face disapointment and will have to be transported to the next city for the newest adventure.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,756,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Gangs, drugs and poor parenting plaque all communities. Tell me this: what is the solution? Simply telling women to keep their legs closed? That's been tried. Any other ideas? Hint: You can't force anyone to be responsible.

You want to believe that this case is about racism. I believe it is about the non-action of the Sanford PD, some of which is racist. You have yet to provide a comparable b/b case such as this one. If you can, and no public outcry resulted, you will have a point. Otherwise, you don't.
Birth control is widely available to these women, provided free by the same system that provides the means to have these children and pay for them. When the system quits rewarding these women for having child after child and they start having children because they want them not just for there cash value, the problem of troubled young black men being raised as criminals in the streets will slowly go away. These children are born into a life of crime, caused by abuse of the system.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,574,087 times
Default An adult shot a child. This is the way I look at the Trayvon Martin case.

Nothing else really matters. Not the self-defense law. Not the races of those involved. What outrages me the most is the fact that Zimmerman was not automatically arrested for shooting a child and brought in for questioning.

Shouldn't a case where a child is shot to death be thoroughly investigated regardless? Why is it good enough for an adult to say, "He was trying to hurt me so I shot him" and that's that?

It makes absolutely no sense.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
According to his lawyer-"goon". Lol! Oh yes, lawyers are not partial. That's all we need.

CNN did the right thing; sent the tape to FBI crime lab at Quantico. Perhaps they will call the murderers lawyer for a second opinion (LOL)!
I have little doubt that the forensic lab at the FBI will be able to figure out exactly what he said.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I never heard of this asinine law until this case. Who'd want that type of law in their state? Anyone can be anyone's victim. It's a wild west free for all. Turns out Jeb Bush rushed its passing to appease the NRA and now the NRA is lobbying to push it thru on states that don't even want it. What the ef is happening to this country? Until some politicians son or daughter is lying on a slab and it gets personal, this is what we have evolved into?
Nothing good happens when you vote Republican

Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 AM

690 posts, read 1,202,913 times
Right, so if thats the ONLY way you look at it, you wouldn't agree with an adult cop stopping with lethal force some columbine type kid shooting up a school and aiming his gun at the cop...

OK.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,756,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
OK...well, look at the more recent pic I posted. Does Trayvon look any more scary and/or suspicious to you?
He is a large black male, I doubt Mr Zimmerman could judge his age by how much he saw and I doubt he could see much of his face because of the hoodie. The silouett of a large male can be intimidating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies