Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,683,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Like so many here sad u r making assumption, having visions, cant believe so many psychics and clairvoyants have gathered in one place. I do not know for sure if the current fox accounts will bare the final truth but the current reports are closer to the version I presented not the ones imagined here by the psychics.
No one is making assumptions - those are the facts presented in the police report, the 911 call, and the statements given by Zimmerman himself.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,674,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I agree that they knew him but did not realize he was hired. Do you know when he was hired and how much he was paid?
That's not an excuse. You live in a gated condo community with a HOA.

You ask questions. Who is this guy? If they find him odd(as some did) then you speak up.

You voice your concerns.

That's like loaning your car out to someone and then pleading ignorance that you didn't know that they didn't have a driver's license when they cause an accident.

It's your property, you need to know these things.

It's called CYA.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Like so many here sad u r making assumption, having visions, cant believe so many psychics and clairvoyants have gathered in one place. I do not know for sure if the current fox accounts will bare the final truth but the current reports are closer to the version I presented not the ones imagined here by the psychics.
I notice you didn't answer my questions Valerie.

What would you do if someone was coming up behind you as you were walking at night alone?

A man, who wasn't in a police car. Just some big guy coming towards you.

What would you do? If he was gaining on you, would you fight back?

I hope so.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM

812 posts, read 596,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Did O'Reilly seriously say that Trayvon went to the car and pulled him out and started beating him? That would be seriously irresponsible reporting, as even Zimmerman himself did not report that happening. Zimmerman left the car, pursued Trayvon, and that is when the altercation happened. He was not pulled from his car.
Oreilly did not this was the pic painted by the one eyewitness as reported by a guest on oreilly. I will take a leap of faith in favor of the officials that even a racist official would not be so irresponsible and risk his job to protect another minority if race is indeed a problem. Is there any analytical common sense left in this country? Oh silly question Obama is president, how foolish of me to raise a sense of probability based upon knowns with so many psychics and self flagellators around.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's not an excuse. You live in a gated condo community with a HOA.

You ask questions. Who is this guy? If they find him odd(as some did) then you speak up.

You voice your concerns.

That's like loaning your car out to someone and then pleading ignorance that you didn't know that they didn't have a driver's license when they cause an accident.

It's your property, you need to know these things.

It's called CYA.
You stated he was hired. Another poster stated that his daddy was the mayor. Sorry, but people should not post incorrect information as if it is a fact.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yes, a conservative website is claiming the twitter account belongs to him, just like they reported that the Facebook page belongs to him. So where is the confirmation that the twitter page is, indeed, his twitter?

Again, do you have a source for the photo that confirms that it is, indeed, the Trayon that was killed?

My point is that in the rush to paint this kid as some kind of ghetto thug, website after website is pulling whatever thuggish photo they can find, and saying it's him.

As for the other shooting, totally different circumstances. They do not even have a suspect in custody. Her killer was not found and then released.
All I have is Google. I've yet to see any proof from you that it's not Trayvon.

I'm not saying the other shooting was the same, it's just an example of when the race of the perp is noticeably missing, unlike this case where it seems so important to the left to point out that Zimmerman is a White Hispanic. Look at the comments sections of those articles-people are getting fed up. Of course that's exactly what CNN wants.
Can you seriously not see what I'm saying? If not, we're truly on different worlds.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It wasn't an official regsitered neighborhood watch.
That's why he was "self-appointed"

By the way there are people here selling "justice for trayvon" shirts, hoodies, bumper stickers etc. The people who attended the rally in sanford were buying them smh
But that's why as a homeowner when you're involved in a HOA you question things like this.

Because by not paying attention, or not getting involved can come back to bite you.

I notice now that I live in FL, people are very much "onto themselves", they don't even know who lives next door to them.

In other states that I lived while I was not friends with all the neighbors, I knew the names of people who lived around me and spoke to them.

If you go on the FL boards a constant complaint is how there is a lack of community in many places due to the transient nature of the state.

It could be that the lack of involvement in even caring what Zimmerman did played a role in this.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Uh oh folks looks like Trayvon was suspended multiple times and was caught with burglary tools. Hmmm.
Was anything found on him at the scene where he was shot? If not, this is totally irrelevant. Again, blame the victim.

I guess one reason I'm so infuriated by many of these posts is that a teenager was shot who might or might not have some past school suspensions or minor offenses, all non-violent. Child rapists are alive and well and given short sentences so they can go out and do it again. I wish Zimmerman was going around shooting all of them.

Bottom line, a young man was shot. There is nothing to link him to any crime in the neighborhood, he wasn't carrying a weapon or any "tools" and he wasn't on drugs.

Gosh, what else are they going to start publishing about this kid?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:40 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,002,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
Call him BO if you want to be accurate.

I AM accurate. Mr. OB stands for Mr. Obama.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 PM

24,450 posts, read 23,124,128 times
MSNBC was doing backflips and mental gymnastics as more facts of the case came out and some background of Trayvon Martin was uncovered. Then it became the " conservative media" that was trying to demonize Trayvon for exposing his past and forreporting the witness accounts of Zimmerman's injuries.
Naturally it was that yellow journalist Ed Shultz that was giving a ham fisted counter commentary and that huckster Al Sharpton was along for the ride. They did their best to negatively portray Zimmerman but it wasn't allowed to be done with Trayvon. Zero journalistic integrity and professionalism for MSNBC, as usual.
The clearer the case becomes with the more facts being brought to light, the cloudier the picture gets. This is going to be one heck of a court case.
I'm still inclined to believe that Zimmerman initiated some kind of altercation with Trayvon and will face some charges but its getting harder and harder to look at Trayvon as being completely innocent of at least some culpabality. Thats sad, but that is based on those who are defending him. His worst enemies are some of his biggest supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies