Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Jesus H. Christ.

There is no dignity left in the discussion of Trayvon Martin when his own parents are attempting to secure the legal rationale to cash in on his death.

Unbelievable.
You couldn't help it, could you?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,368,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks | The Smoking Gun

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.
Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Just curious, but I'm trying to figure out why one would do this.
Money.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:26 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Depending on your perspective this is a big or little deal. However what's more troubling to me about this is that his English teacher said he was only suspended for 5 days for tardiness, thus she is a liar.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Read more here:
Has no bearing on the circumstances surrounding his death. Why even bring it up?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a shame people are so emotionally invested in race they can't coolly analyze fact and are easily led adrift by the media.

Now we know how Obama was elected. Create a false but plausible story, withhold pertinent information then wash, rinse and repeat the cycle multiple times. Most Americans will fall for it every time.
Suppose you just tell us what any of this has to do with Zimmerman's actions!

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You couldn't help it, could you?
Couldn't help pointing out the obscenity of it all?

No, I sure couldn't. And you can bet that I won't stop here, either.

3,078 posts, read 4,374,418 times
I see where this is headed. We have some posters who are starting to play the "Jaws" background music to prepare us for the startling revelation that Trayvon didn't just go to the convenience store for skittles and iced tea. No, he wanted to be outside to smoke a joint. Heck, he might even have gotten the muniches which is why he went for the skittles. That doesn't make him a bad kid in my book. Maybe that's because I've known so many recreational drug users who are successful and otherwise fine upstanding citizens.

But you can keep that drum roll going if you think it adds to the suspense.

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
It's not irrelevant at all. The Lilly White Angel Defense of this young man has been called into question. Therefore it may turn out that his actions on the night of his slaying weren't all that innocent afterall.

It's a valid concept to consider in the wake of all the disinformation that we have been fed.

All I'm saying is that a 17 year old is dead, when he had his whole life ahead of him is a travesty no matter how you slice it. And even if the kid had toked up a bit prior to his walk, so? Now had Zimmerman seen this kid trying to break and enter into his house or a neighbors, maybe then his actions would have been justified. But that wasn't the case, was it? Everything I've heard the kid was walking through minding his own business. IMO it sounds like Zimmerman jumped the gun.

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Has no bearing on the circumstances surrounding his death. Why even bring it up?
If he was high and the witnesses are accurate in that Trayvon ambushed him and beat Zimmerman until his head was split open and nose was broken......

The prosecution has a very, long uphill battle....

Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I am just waiting for the Trayvon Martin Foundation

STOP THE WHITE RACISM AND MURDER OF BLACK PEOPLE

THE EPIDEMIC NEEDS TO STOP

Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,155 times
Quote:
Very valid points.

Any Trayvon Defender's care to opine?

I'm begging you....please....tell us what you think of this assertion. And if proven true, will you come back and apologize for being so gullible, naive, and/or ignorant?
If he smoked pot, he smoked pot.

Still irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies