Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Here in Philadelphia, where of all the registered voters in this 5th largest city in the US, only 17% are Republicans ... I do not see any mass movement of African Americans to the Republican Party.
Where did anyone say there was a mass movement? There are a few early adopters here and there, such as the two in the video provided by the OP. It is going to be a slow process. Remember it took about 75 years after the nations founding to get rid of slavery. Another 100 years to address segregation. Cosby's 'pound cake' speech came in 2004. It will probably take another 50 years to address the insidious forms of racism that infect the left--the 'soft bigotry of low expectations,' and the constant deployment of the 'call them racist' tactic, which is actually a form of racism in itself.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
What the heck is this stuff about blacks being brainwashed? So, only black democrats are brainwashed, not any other voters, at all? These posts are asinine and they're all over City Data.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Blacks have the same right to chose which Party or candidates they wish to back, just like everyone else, the brainwashing is pure BS and is an insult to everyone of color on this board. Just So Ya Know: they are not leaning towards the GOP in large numbers most of them know the GOP is not made up of their kind of people or Party, especially since so many racists belong to that Party. Heck the countless racial threads and posts on this board are almost always posted by righties, and that is a Fact that canot be ignored.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, it won't happen, but what a message it would send to the Dem's. To watch them be so confused, would be......so good
Gotta admit...yea, it would be funny.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Blacks have the same right to chose which Party or candidates they wish to back, just like everyone else, the brainwashing is pure BS and is an insult to everyone of color on this board. Just So Ya Know: they are not leaning towards the GOP in large numbers most of them know the GOP is not made up of their kind of people or Party, especially since so many racists belong to that Party. Heck the countless racial threads and posts on this board are almost always posted by righties, and that is a Fact that canot be ignored.
Interesting how when Obama won Mississippi in the dem primary, he won with something close to 90% of the black vote...who indicated that race played heavily in their decision to choose him over Hillary.

Weeks later Hillary wins WV and those democratic voters were called racist.

Seems to me some racism just must be more acceptable than others. Oddly it seems to match politics.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right. Hey....if your ears are itching....
LOL, it's just never a complete day around here without you calling everybody a racist.

It's actually gotten to be a parody.

Desertdetroiter: I like Pizza.
Joe: I like ribs.
Desertdetroiter:What's THAT supposed to mean? Racist!

Heck, I'd tell you that I'm rooting for the Lions in the playoffs but you'd probably just say it's only because the QB is white.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
What the heck is this stuff about blacks being brainwashed? So, only black democrats are brainwashed, not any other voters, at all? These posts are asinine and they're all over City Data.
They sure do seem obsessed about it, but then, they wouldn't know any better. Many have probably never had a real conversation or relationship with a black person in their lives.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL, it's just never a complete day around here without you calling everybody a racist.

It's actually gotten to be a parody.

Desertdetroiter: I like Pizza.
Joe: I like ribs.
Desertdetroiter:What's THAT supposed to mean? Racist!

Heck, I'd tell you that I'm rooting for the Lions in the playoffs but you'd probably just say it's only because the QB is white.
Whatever. I'm not about to apologize for telling the truth. If you talk like i bigot, i'm gonna call you one. Take it how you want. I don't plan on changing my M.O.

As for the Lions, i'd just tell you that i really don't care who you rooting for. After all, whoever told you that i was a fan of the Lions anyway?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:37 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yep.

Liberals hate discussions where the other party doesn't agree with them.

So out comes the name calling...

...and African-Americans who DARE think independently get the worst of it from black liberals (Uncle Tom, sellout, OREO, house n-word, etc.)
You nailed it. The tolerance and diversity crowd hates, hates anyone who dares disagree.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Blacks have the same right to chose which Party or candidates they wish to back, just like everyone else, the brainwashing is pure BS and is an insult to everyone of color on this board.
"Everyone of color". Oh brother. Did you get a PC Word a Day calendar for Christmas?

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies