Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,549,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh...i'm not? Wow..didn't know that.

But i thought all black Dems are in the cotton fields...let you tell it.
Most of your posts are me, I, I'm, I'll and so forth so I thought you didn't know other black people exist.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,220,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I have a lot of respect for Herman Cain, Condi Rice and Justice Clarence Thomas.

What are you talking about?
Your defense that you have respect for blacks is a millionaire, a former secretary of state, and a supreme court justice.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Justice Clarence Thomas has no business being on the Supreme Court. He's utterly and completely partisan. His wife is an extremely vocal Tea Party activist and conveniently neglected to report all their money associated with that.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
You probably don't. Conservatives are not against "helping" anyone. It's how the "help" is implemented that has become the problem. Like I said, the dems have kept you on food stamps, in the projects, and in single parent households. If that's their way of "helping" me, then they can keep it. But don't come blaming conservatives for that.
Well which is it? You pay a lot of taxes or you're on food stamps and living in a broken home in the projects?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
You probably don't. Conservatives are not against "helping" anyone. It's how the "help" is implemented that has become the problem. Like I said, the dems have kept you on food stamps, in the projects, and in single parent households. If that's their way of "helping" me, then they can keep it. But don't come blaming conservatives for that.
Yes, we need to keep all the tax loopholes for the rich.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Justice Clarence Thomas has no business being on the Supreme Court. He's utterly and completely partisan. His wife is an extremely vocal Tea Party activist and conveniently neglected to report all their money associated with that.
but he didn't understand the form.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,358 times
People like clb 10 are the most amusing sort of people, you just have to be mature enough not to take them too seriously..

So according to some white people, because black people don't vote the way whites want them to we are on some sort of plantation..how ironic they couldn't find an alternative metaphor..

So a group of people preach about personal accountability, respect, patriotism. They preach about the disdain they have for racism and how they would never stoop to such low behavior, Republicans revel in the equality of all citizens of this country.

The Conservatives tell black people that we are enslaved by government programs and we must break the chains of bondage in order to be set free.
They tell us this is a "God Fearing" country based on God given rights for all men.

Does their current and/or historical behavior support their party slogans??..let's see.

Conservatives claim to abhor racist behavior, yet their leadership presents these symbols to America and the world and representative of Black people:

Conservatives then tell Black People that their behavior had no basis in racism or stereotypes, it was strictly political.

Conservatives have so little respect for the intellect of Black people that they will state with a straight face that the images they disseminate for public consumption, if taken at their face value, is a surprise to them. Here's a partial list of "Conservative white websites that many Conservatives claim they never knew existed. I have never heard a conservative admonish the content of any of these sites, and many posters on this board appear to be members on these other boards. The tone, topic, and statements are identical in many instances.

Chimpout
Stormfront - White Nationalist Community
http://creativityalliance.com/eBook-...#39;sBible.pdf
WHITE POWER SHOUTCAST INTERNET RADIO STATION
The Political Cesspool Radio Program

Any given hour of the day, one can hear "conservative" ideology without it's p.c. glossing.
Many of these sites organisers and posters have run for public office or attempted to rally it's members to back legislation or introduce law injurious to all minorities.

Until Conservatives reel in the activities of their more outspoken brethren, no minority in their right mind would close their eyes in the company of these Conservatives.

Conservatives have fought against civil rights, separate but equal being abolished, voting rights laws, and integration.

Conservatives have pushed the pseudo-science that Black people are innately less intelligent than whites and that all other minorities are intellectually and morally inferior, aka, the Pioneer Foundation.
The money behind the "Bell Curve" and other endeavors promoting racial superiority.
About Us

Black people as a whole are very Conservatives in issues of marriage, religion, homosexuality, immigration laws, etc.
However we are keenly aware of the historical and to some degree the present treatment Conservatives levy against us as a group.

Black people will not sit at the table with Conservatives no matter how many issues we agree upon.
When your words say "welcome" but your actions say "you are inferior and your place is beneath me. You must live by this in order for me to accept you". Then an over whelming majority of Black People will never sign on to the Conservative party.

It's the paternalistic priveledge that some white people such as clb 10 believe they innately possess, as to instruct black people as to the "proper" manner, ideology, or political party to vote for.

When "we" say no, because inclusion in that party holds no advantage for us in any segment of society, and indeed requires our subservience to the perceived superiority of White People, it's just not happening.

A couple of Black People willing to sell their souls to the Devil in order to be accepted is nothing new for Black People or any other race of people.

Some people place personal gain before gain that benefits all others.

Last edited by reconmark; 01-04-2012 at 07:46 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 PM

reconmark, thank you. This is exactly what I'm talking about and what I was referring to in the other thread. I wish I could rep you again.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,015,537 times
I find it amusing that many african american democrats utilize white supremicist websites to inform themselves on issues pertaining Conservatives. No wonder so many are so lost. It's sort of like using rap videos to understand african americans and using that to say that it represents us as a race. I guess that plantation is bigger than I thought.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,358 times
Quote:
I find it amusing that many african american democrats utilize white supremicist websites to inform themselves on issues pertaining Conservatives. No wonder so many are so lost. It's sort of like using rap videos to understand african americans and using that to say that it represents us as a race. I guess that plantation is bigger than I thought.
I find it ironic how some white conservatives or "black" conservatives deny things that are right before their eyes. Attempt to minimize those things and offer nothing factual to rebute the facts resented.

I guess that paternalism has resurfaced on this thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.