Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,363,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yep.

Liberals hate discussions where the other party doesn't agree with them.

So out comes the name calling...

...and African-Americans who DARE think independently get the worst of it from black liberals (Uncle Tom, sellout, OREO, house n-word, etc.)
So you don't wanna answer this, huh:

"Ok...i'll give you the same shot i've given the other C-D bigots.

I'm middle to upper middle class, well traveled, veteran, good wife, good kid, nice home, decent gig, a few nickels in the bank. Living the American Dream as it's been defined over the decades.

Now tell me how i'm on the plantation, a slave, on the cotton fields, blah, blah, blah....go ahead. I'm listening."

Come on...i'm waiting.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 PM

629 posts, read 775,036 times
No one cares about you

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you don't wanna answer this, huh:

"Ok...i'll give you the same shot i've given the other C-D bigots.

I'm middle to upper middle class, well traveled, veteran, good wife, good kid, nice home, decent gig, a few nickels in the bank. Living the American Dream as it's been defined over the decades.

Now tell me how i'm on the plantation, a slave, on the cotton fields, blah, blah, blah....go ahead. I'm listening."

Come on...i'm waiting.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Does minding my own business and not involving myself with "your people" include not paying the taxes that support welfare or education programs for "at-risk" urban youth?

No...I didn't think so.

You want me to stay out of the "business" of African-Americans but you still want me to pay for social programs that PRIMARILY benefit one particular group of Americans (HUD, EEOC, etc.)

You are a hypocrite.

But then again...all liberals are.
This is great. See, i'm gonna break it down for you.

You're just like everyone else. You're on the government teet no less than the next man. If you lose your job, you'll collect unemployment. If you can't find enough money for food, you're gonna head to the welfare office and collect aid and food stamps. If you break your damn back at work, you're heading to the SSI Office.

And should you be so lucky to reach 65 (not a sure thing for folks with big mouths), your ass will be at the Social Security office in a heartbeat with your hand out.

So please, chill with the rugged individualist routine. It aint working.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
No one cares about you
You're still here?

Go play somewhere, i'm busy.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM

5,389 posts, read 7,258,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
No one cares about you
Equals: "I've got nothing to counter with."

Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,436,510 times
I've thought for a while that this is a revolution waiting to happen. Race relations in the US has been kind of a political roller-coaster. In the early 20th century Dem progressives were out-and-out bigots, led by Woodrow Wilson who re-segregated the federal work force. Elite academics at the time bought into white supremacist 'eugenics' theory and Democrats ever the party of elite academia, followed along.

Then in the 1950's and 60's the left embraced the civil rights cause. Civil rights activist, Robert F Williams said that he just wanted to see the full realization of America's founding principles, but he took his allies where he could find them, and that was on the left.

In the 21st century came the realization among some blacks that liberalism had not served them well. Starting with Cosby's great 'Pound Cake' speech, and Juan Williams epic book "Enough." Liberalism has been devastating to the black community. It's going to be a slow process, but I believe the tide will turn.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,605,101 times
All my black friends are still a democrat and aren't going to go to the republican party. None of them are on any kind of assistance and most own their own home and I know this is hard for some of you to believe but some are even single mothers.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,329,940 times
Quote:
Yeah 'cuz Sharpton, Jesse, Maxine Waters and Farrakhan NEVER use that terminology.
Nice deflection.

Good way to dodge a point and change the subject.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,020,236 times
Here in Philadelphia, where of all the registered voters in this 5th largest city in the US, only 17% are Republicans ... I do not see any mass movement of African Americans to the Republican Party.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,999,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...you need to abolish this thread. It's incredibly flimsy right from the start. I mean...guess what? 3 black people in Utah switched from Democrat to Republican today. You didn't hear about it? Yea, it was a watershed event in black political groupthink. It's going to lead to all blacks changing over to Republicans by 1700 tomorrow evening. Yea!

That's how ridiculous this thread is.
Well, it won't happen, but what a message it would send to the Dem's. To watch them be so confused, would be......so good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies