Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Speaking of FEMA and hurricanes somebody was endlessly blamed for that after katrina..........hmm...........can't remember that guys name though. Perhaps you can help me out?
You're being an idiot. You're saying, well, der, they did it too!!! Well if you can see how stupid it looks when the "other side" does it, why would you do the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
The only stake they have in the country is the one they took.
Yes, they won a civil war. I don't like it, but they did, and I won't pretend that doesn't matter.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Let's see there was that hope and change thingy.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, they won a civil war. I don't like it, but they did, and I won't pretend that doesn't matter.
They won with the help of Pakistan troops. Hell those loons almost got Iran to invade em back in the day when the went on their killing spree's and kidnapping fun.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM

674 posts, read 1,055,605 times
Quote:
So it's the fault of the US now. Not the fault of the Taliban who harbored bin hidin the supposed mastermind of 9-11 in afghan, this very group who you now say poses no threat to the US. Yep that makes sense.
I'll quote myself in order to ensure you're capable of understanding something the first time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid
I think it's time to admit our own failures in addition to terrorism involving 9/11. Including providing many of them with weapons and training directly.
Quote:
Ask the folks in NY why they were allowed into the country in the first place, and then allowed to board airplanes and hijack them, then fly them in the completely opposite direction of intended destination without interference upon clearly heading for New York City airspace.
So yes, I would say part of the fault does indeed fall onto the American government. Who failed everybody that died during 9/11 as a result of what is obviously extreme ignorance to severe problems - such as several missing aircraft that were allowed to turn the day into a horrific national airshow by flying off course for 30 minutes with no interruption despite being monitored by flight technology the entire time. Not just one airplane, several.

All of this in addition to the fact that it was indeed a terrorist plot that was successfully carried out; but only successful due to complete lack of organization and response to such severe threats.

Which reminds me - what part did Iraq have to play in 9/11? Oh, absolutely none. So why did we go there?

Al Queda is washed up. They're angry and malicious. But they're still disorganized and angry and malicious without major resources or means to accomplish anything. That combined with the strongest military force on the planet effectively hunting them down over the past decade and killing several leaders, I'd say they're much less intimidating.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
I'll quote myself in order to ensure you're capable of understanding something the first time around.
[b]

So yes, I would say part of the fault does indeed fall onto the American government. Who failed everybody that died during 9/11 as a result of what is obviously extreme ignorance to severe problems - such as several missing aircraft that were allowed to turn the day into a horrific national airshow by flying off course for 30 minutes with no interruption despite being monitored by flight technology the entire time. Not just one airplane, several.

All of this in addition to the fact that it was indeed a terrorist plot that was successfully carried out; but only successful due to complete lack of organization and response to such severe threats.

Which reminds me - what part did Iraq have to play in 9/11? Oh, absolutely none. So why did we go there?

Al Queda is washed up. They're angry and malicious. But they're still disorganized and angry and malicious without major resources or means to accomplish anything. That combined with the strongest military force on the planet effectively hunting them down over the past decade and killing several leaders, I'd say they're much less intimidating.
So you think its the fault of the US. Thanks for clearing it all up. Now I know where you stand.

Iraq? Why did we go there? This thread isn't about Iraq it's about gitmo detainees being returned to the Taliban. If you want to blame the US for Iraq too go start another thread about it.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What are you talking about? As soon as they are released most have claimed they will rejoin the fight and they have even threatend the guards from their cells.
So what? Why SHOULDN'T they rejoin the fight? If they're Afghans, and they don't like foreigners in their country, what are they supposed to do exactly?

The whole point is DON'T BE THERE when they decide to rejoin the fight, hence, there will be no fight for them to rejoin.

See...it's not that hard. You guys make it hard.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
So you think its the fault of the US. Thanks for clearing it all up. Now I know where you stand.

Iraq? Why did we go there? This thread isn't about Iraq it's about gitmo detainees being returned to the Taliban. If you want to blame the US for Iraq too go start another thread about it.
Actually, this thread is about Iraq with regard to GITMO, as nine Iraqi citizens were at one time detained there and one of them still is. In addition to our presence in Afghanistan (as a result of 9/11) being the gateway catalyst into propelling ourselves into the rest of the Arab world, including Iraq in the early 2000's.

And I stand exactly where I say I stand. And I stand by exactly what I said. Your inability to process something bigger than your own thought capacity or blatant ignorance, one of the two, is shining right now. Being responsible for something and being partially to blame for the same incident are two very different things.

If I drive a car into another car and everyone around me neglects to notice or call for medical attention; then I am responsible for the accident but everyone who also ignored the situation bears some responsibility for their disregard for it as well if anyone dies from lack of medical attention.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what? Why SHOULDN'T they rejoin the fight? If they're Afghans, and they don't like foreigners in their country, what are they supposed to do exactly?

The whole point is DON'T BE THERE when they decide to rejoin the fight, hence, there will be no fight for them to rejoin.

See...it's not that hard. You guys make it hard.
I think you're failing to understand their argument.

Which would be...
  • The Taliban no longer controls Afghanistan
  • Several Taliban leaders, including Bin Laden are now dead
  • The Taliban has been scattered all over the Arab world, disorganized and leaderless without resources.
  • The United States is still actively pursuing the Taliban.
  • No acts of terror have been committed by the Taliban on US soil since 9/11

Clearly they pose a severe threat.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Not it's not. It's about sending boys back to the taliban in negotiations. Nothing about Iraq. Maybe read the thing before chiming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies