Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,544,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I do it to call out bigots and homophobes....thanx for adding your name to my list.

IF YOU would THINK for a second instead of responding with negative, biased emotion you'd realize a few facts.

ALL candidates are scrutinized about their personal like and qualifications.

ALL candidates discuss their personal lifes...their marriages...their children....their girlfriends.....but when it's heterosexuals we just expect to hear it; however when it's a LGBT candidate your biases come forward and you forget it is COMPULSORY to discuss your personal life and hence your character.

IF these politicians DID NOT admit they were gay...you and people like you would scream bloody murder about how they are trying to lie and hide their personal lifes from their constituents.......and pull the wool over the public's eyes.

The BOTTOM LINE is you have one set of standards for heterosexuals and another for gay people....that's not only a double standard but prejudiced and bigoted too.

IF you bothered to read the links they are openly gay and Houston's mayor won a second term...your last statement is not only dumb it borders on ludicrous.

Are you "drinking" what Rick Perry imbibed in last night?????

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred
I love how you call me a bigot and homophobe for simply by commenting on someone congratulating public officials based on their sexual orientation. Had you disagreed with my post and replied with any facts

Your label of me as a bigot and homophobe is simply stupid and ignorant on your part, since you have no idea who I am.

This site might be of some help to you:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,572,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Why do they have to be "openly" gay? It is not my business or anyone else's what you do behind closed door so don't talk about it. It is irrelevant and as someone put it, being gay is not the qualification for the position.

And I presume the Republican presidential candidates are NOT openly straight??????

You don't know Herman Cain is Straight and married?????

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Would the OP crow about Barney Frank and his prostitution ring and making policy decisions which helped to enrich his former lover working in FM?

Your posts are so immature.

Would you crow that Hermain Cain......has apparently heterosexually assaulted at least 5 women.

OR that Newt Gingrich cheated on BOTH his wives.......when they were dying.....and has been married THREE TIMES already.

And while he was cheating on his wives he bragged about family values and went after Clinton for a B/J.......

The hypocrisy in your posts is ASTOUNDING!!!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post
Sure.

It was good when Jim Kolbe (R-AZ, retired) and Steve Gunderson (R-WI, retired) served in Congress. Similarly, it was good when the first women served on the Supreme Court, for example. Much was made of the gender of Sandra Day O'Connor, and it was groundbreaking. And, in fact, in 1980 candidate Ronald Reagan vowed that if he was elected President and a USSC vacancy occurred, he would appoint the first woman to the high court. And he did. He understood the importance of the normalization of previously marginalized demographics.

The problem some people have, of course, is that they want to perpetuate the stereotype of the typical gay person as wearing leather and marching in parades. They hate the idea of out gays living the same sort of normal lives as the rest of us, with the same everyday concerns. That really spoils the "gays are scary!" narrative.
EXACTLY....same thing with John Kennedy....the first Catholic President.

These folks are so blinded by prejudice they don't even realize it nor do they know how they "come across" in their posts.

These threads will live on in history and posters who preach hate will not be judged kindly by history and face it.....decades from now these sites will be studied and real names will be revealed.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
See, that is the thing, you wouldn't know as I don't make it the centerpiece of my life nor does it define me. And there is no reason it should define these people in terms of this election.

Thank you for validating my point. No one needs to know what anyone is doing with their sex lives behind closed doors. So why bring it into the open?
ROFLMFAO.......you just proved my point and hers too!

EVERYONE always mentions their personal lifes when running for office OR have you not seen the Republican debates.

I know all about Bachman's closet case husband and the tribe of kids she supposedly raised all by herself.

Why can straight people constantly bring up their sexuality.

But if a gay person just says they are gay...to avoid being blackmailed etcetera...they are pushing it...just absurd.

Think for yourself and stop repeating FAUX NEWS talking head crap.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,530,367 times
Quote:
And I presume the Republican presidential candidates are NOT openly straight??????

You don't know Herman Cain is Straight and married?????

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!
I know Cain's married, I don't know he's straight. Do you have straight-dar ?

I'm glad it's getting better for people who are gay and want politics as a career.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,382,832 times
Quote:
These threads will live on in history and posters who preach hate will not be judged kindly by history and face it.....decades from now these sites will be studied and real names will be revealed.
That has to be the stupidest thing I ever read, nobody will ever look at these threads nor shall anyones real names be revealed. These sites are for entertainment, they mean nothing except to a few poor souls who have no life, you just proved beyond a doubt that you are living in a fantasy world.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,544,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That has to be the stupidest thing I ever read, nobody will ever look at these threads nor shall anyones real names be revealed. These sites are for entertainment, they mean nothing except to a few poor souls who have no life, you just proved beyond a doubt that you are living in a fantasy world.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I didn't see anywhere where they were talking about sex.

But are you saying you just don't have a wife or girlfriend or children or that you never mention them>
Some posters are just obsessed with sex....especially gay sex...like Ricky Santorum.

When he got asked cabout D.A.D.T......he went off on a wild eyed gay sex rant instead of answering the question.

Their minds reside in the gutter....plain and simple!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I know Cain's married, I don't know he's straight. Do you have straight-dar ?

I'm glad it's getting better for people who are gay and want politics as a career.
ROFL...tell that to his female victims.....ROFL.......so you're saying you think Cain is Gay???????

I'm glad it's getting better too but IF you read through the thread LGBT people still have a huge mountain to yet climb.

I long for the day it does not matter but in fact it still does matter to a sizeable portion of the polulation.

I don't think a majority but it's a loud, obsessed and hateful minority that continually feels they must constantly denegrade all gay people.

P.S...I have GayDar and StraightDar.....and I agree many married guys are indeed secretly gay(I met enough in my youth) but not Cain...plus no gay guy would touch him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies