Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,551,076 times

Advertisements

It is o.k.

We Bush supporters from 2000 have long admitted that we were wrong about Bush.

Why can't former Obama supporters do the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,951 times
The left are staunchly defensive over Obama. It's hard to admit that your messiah is really a wolf in sheep's clothing for them.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,825,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I've never seen such a thing,...

Old 10-16-2011, 07:29 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,379,270 times
Honestly he has not lived up to my expectations. I also think that he was as surprised as anyone else when he got the Democratic nomination. At that time it looked like a slam-dunk for Hillary.

But I still consider Obama to be FAR better than the alternative offered by the GOP. I shudder to think where we would be now of McCain / Palin had been elected.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Honestly he has not lived up to my expectations. I also think that he was as surprised as anyone else when he got the Democratic nomination. At that time it looked like a slam-dunk for Hillary.

But I still consider Obama to be FAR better than the alternative offered by the GOP. I shudder to think where we would be now of McCain / Palin had been elected.
What, exactly, would McCain and Palin have done that would have been so awful?

More employment and less deficits?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,825,522 times
Quote:

A destroyed economy, ramped unemployment, war with "bomb, bomb Iran" and spending at proportions so unbelievable words wouldn't be able to describe it,..

Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,029 times
Quote:
It is o.k.

Why can't former Obama supporters do the same thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The left are staunchly defensive over Obama. It's hard to admit that your messiah is really a wolf in sheep's clothing for them.
BS. I voted for Obama in 2008 and was among his biggest supporters on this board.

It's now obvious to me he lied during his campaign..as he has continued many of Bush's policies. There's been no "hope and change" ..more like "bait and switch"..

Obama is a warmonger and a drug warrior. Next year, I won't be making the same mistake I made in 2008..

Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,379,270 times
Quote:

LOL! Have you forgotten "The fundamentals of our economy are sound?" How about 'we have to interrupt this campaign to return to DC to vote on the bailout?' McCain did not and does not have a clue about the economy. Republicans run up debt like there is no tomorrow. There is no doubt in my mind that as bad as things are, they would be worse, far worse than if GOP were POTUS.

And McCain would not have done squat about healthcare, leaving many of us who are self-employed and running small businesses in the position of subsidizing big business. Face it, McCain is and was a corporate stooge like most Republicans. NO THANKS.

And have you considered the possibility that Caribou Barbie being POTUS if McCain had passed away in office?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
BS. I voted for Obama in 2008 and was among his biggest supporters on this board.

It's now obvious to me he lied during his campaign..as he has continued many of Bush's policies. There's been no "hope and change" ..more like "bait and switch"..

Obama is a warmonger and a drug warrior. Next year, I won't be making the same mistake I made in 2008..
Kudos to you for realizing and admitting he's a complete and utter failure. Not many are willing to do so.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

Kudos!

You are a brave person as most people who would admit being wrong about the King would be shunned by their progressive friends and families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies