Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:29 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,523,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I did not vote for Obama, but I preferred him to McCain. Now I realize both would have been equally bad. I now support Ron Paul.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 02:05 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,371,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A destroyed economy, ramped unemployment, war with "bomb, bomb Iran" and spending at proportions so unbelievable words wouldn't be able to describe it,..

wake up, we have all that now, the "iran" part will be any day.

obama supports arent smart enough to admit mistake, that was obvious when they cast their vote.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 PM

56 posts, read 45,373 times
I will gladly admit that I voted for Obama in 2008 based on what I believed at the time. I'm also a believer in talk is cheap and this is why I won't be voting for Obama in 2012.

Does this mean the GOP? At the moment, no. With the exception of possibly Ron Paul I think the rest of the GOP field should be committed to an institution. There was one time when these people would have been laughed off the stage for the nonsense they are spouting off.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:19 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,204 times
Default I see........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 波斯語 View Post
I will gladly admit that I voted for Obama in 2008 based on what I believed at the time. I'm also a believer in talk is cheap and this is why I won't be voting for Obama in 2012.

Does this mean the GOP? At the moment, no. With the exception of possibly Ron Paul I think the rest of the GOP field should be committed to an institution. There was one time when these people would have been laughed off the stage for the nonsense they are spouting off.
Give examples please...

Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,871,919 times
Had Mclame been elected we would have seen the worse depression in our history. He would not have accomplished much positive and our economy would have continued its downward spiral. The mistake is that All these people think either Obama or McLame were going to change much.

the Repugs should be thrilled they got a Repub that actually helped the economy. McLame would have watched it failed and done nothing.

The real change would have been with Nader. Only then would we have seen Wall Street held accountable, the previous administration investigated. the severing of our dependence on foreign oil, the end of the Patriot Act, and the end of our foreign wars.

There was some needed change. Why anyone thinks you would get a change from any of these Repugs... please!... Cain - owned by the Koch brothers, Perry - another village idiot from Texas- that lines his pockets from his corporate sponsors, Bachman... really? Palin.... are you kidding? Romney and Paul are the only serious candidates. and only one will actually bring about anything different. Face it Ron Paul just isn't a Repug. a pure Libertarian but some good ideas but more than most can handle.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,469,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
We were wrong. We could have supported Hillary, but we did not. Instead we fell for nice speeches, instead of paying attention to the fact this chump had no business becoming POTUS!

We made the mistake and now everyone is suffering. Well, except for Obama's fat cat Wall Street supporters. Remember, Obama received the most money from Wall Street than any person in history.
Yes, and just look who's the current beneficiary of Wall Street's "generosity"!

Wall Street cash shifts to Romney from Obama
"(Reuters) - Wall Street money is heavily favoring Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the race to unseat President Barack Obama, the latest signal of business unease with Obama's tenure and perhaps a bet on his re-election chances.

About a quarter of the $18 million Romney raised in the second quarter came from the financial sector, while 4.4 percent of the $48 million Obama's campaign raised came from that group, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Employees at the five biggest U.S. banks made the list of Romney's top 20 donors, while just Goldman Sachs made it onto Obama's contributor roll."

Old 10-16-2011, 09:11 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,794,428 times
yeah i regret voting for him, but how was i supposed to know that this would happen in the future. He seemed like a genuine person but now I know he is full of hot gas. Time to vote for Ron Paul

Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
It is o.k.

We Bush supporters from 2000 have long admitted that we were wrong about Bush.

Why can't former Obama supporters do the same thing?
Please, i can't find a single Republican that will even admit to voting for Bush.

And to the original point...no. No regrets considering the competition.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
It is o.k.

We Bush supporters from 2000 have long admitted that we were wrong about Bush.

Why can't former Obama supporters do the same thing?
Keep in mind that Obama received about 53 percent of the vote, and his approval rating is about 39-40 percent. While it's possible that a few people who didn't vote for Obama now approve of him, that number is negligible and can be ignored, so at most about 25-30 percent of Obama voters now disapprove.

So of those 25-30 percent, who are they?

Some of them undoubtedly are on the far left. They'll probably admit it was a mistake, and either stay home or vote for a left third-party.

A few others may be Ron Paul types who overlooked Obama's somewhat Great Society type plans in order to restore balance to foreign policy. Obviously, they're disappointed on all fronts. They will probably vote for Ron Paul or stay home if he isn't on the balance. A few may hold their nose and vote for a different Republican. This group will also admit it was a mistake.

Many have probably turned disaffected. They bought into the Hope and Change of 2008, but now think that Obama, Congress, everybody is just a problem. This group probably doesn't think it was a mistake because they don't really have strong feelings about somebody else being better. Also included in this group are moderates who would be open to voting for moderate Republicans but petrified of the Tea Party types. This group is by far the largest.

So - in summary, most people who voted for Obama to begin with aren't the people who dislike him the most now.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 AM

30,091 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please, i can't find a single Republican that will even admit to voting for Bush.

And to the original point...no. No regrets considering the competition.

I voted for Bush once, then did not vote for the 2004 presidential election. Bush was a liberal and few conservatives supported his liberal agenda. However, with the choices of Kerry and Gore as options, there were no other choices.

During the Bush years, in contrast to the Obama years, the economy was good and the debt was manageable. Now we have a terrible economy and out of control debt. With the unemployment numbers as they are, there is no chance that Obama will be re-elected. Why not? The left and most democrats will vote for him, regardless of performance. However, most independents, who do not crave four more years of economic misery, will vote against him. Without the independent vote (which he had in 2008), Obama loses in a landslide. The republicans could put up Satan himself and still win.

Check the Las Vegas odds on Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies