Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,549,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Apparently, it's not even that clear. Apparently, it is gthe interpretation of the US Justice Dept that interpret's both Madagacar and India law in that manner.

But, the countries of Madagascar and India do not interpret their own laws, in that manner.

Gibson, like Fender and many other guitar/bass manufactors have to abide by all laws, regulations, policies of those countries; when purchasing their ebony and rosewood. And Gibson has done so and they have all the paperworks required to prove it.

Otherwise, the woods would have neever been approved by Madagascar and India customs for export and then approved by USA customs....for import. And all batches were purchased through legal and proper cghannels and approved at the highest levels, at each of those countries. And Gibson have proved it in court, since the 2009 raid.

Since the first raid in 2009, the Federal government has failed to charge Gibson with anything....anything whatsoever. But they are still keeping the ebony and rosewood they stole from Gibson and they refuse to give it back; without even so much as one single legal merit.

Obama's administration is trying to bully Gibson into outsourcing jobs to India. And they tried to bully Gibsion into outsourcing American jobs to Madagascar, in 2004.

This is a political witchunt.
Gibson has made the claim those countries approved the export, but they have no proof of it, and the laws there are pretty clear (prohibiting what they did).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM

89,325 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Not getting caught doesn't mean it's legal.
Doesn't mean it's illegal, either. In fact, the Indian and Madagascar governments have not declared any illegal actions in this case.

Obama's DOJ is WAY out of line.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Gibson has made the claim those countries approved the export, but they have no proof of it, and the laws there are pretty clear (prohibiting what they did).
There's absolutely no proof that the Indian or Madagascar governments declared the exports to be illegal. Obama's DOJ has NO authority in this matter. They CANNOT supercede another country's legal authority.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 AM

13,619 posts, read 21,429,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Environmentalists have certainly cost this country millions of jobs and hundreds of trillions of dollars in tax revenues, and they've certainly taken a huge bite out of the wallets of EVERYBODY.

They've certainly done their fair share with their fellow Democratic thugs to destroy the middle class in too many states to mention.

This episode is another reason to despise them, yet some knuckleheads have the audacity to wonder why outsourcing even exists?????

Small wonder that the manufacturing industry has been gutted in this country to please a small bunch of extremists. Another iconic and much-revered American institution being harassed by Obama & his fellow lefties for no remotely intelligent reason.

Yet another reason for corporate America to sit on its trillions of $$$$$ of cash here and overseas and continue hoarding some more until this administration gets replaced in 14 months.

I don't think the people of Madagascar care about democrats or republicans, they care about their resource being pilaged, and some nations want it without thinking about the toll it takes.

The fact that this wood is endangered , the madagascar wood,if regulated is going to cost American jobs so keep plundering away?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't think the people of Madagascar care about democrats or republicans, they care about their resource being pilaged, and some nations want it without thinking about the toll it takes.
Get your lefty head out of the sand.

The wood was from a Forest Stewardship Council certified supplier.
Quote:
The wood the Government seized on August 24 is from a Forest Stewardship Council certified supplier and is FSC Controlled, meaning that the wood complies with the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council, which is an industry-recognized and independent, not-for-profit organization established to promote responsible management of the world's forests. FSC Controlled Wood standards require, among other things, that the wood not be illegally harvested and not be harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights.
UPDATE: CEO

Obama's DOJ is WAY out of line. I hope Gibson sues the hell out of them.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 AM

Here is a affidavit of the Gibson search. Draw your own conclusion

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wtvf/...nAffidavit.pdf

All I have been interested in is the truth, not getting partisan on this.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Get your lefty head out of the sand.

The wood was from a Forest Stewardship Council certified supplier. UPDATE: CEO

Obama's DOJ is WAY out of line. I hope Gibson sues the hell out of them.

Haha I am called a lefty, when if you look back on my posts I have criticized the government so far. and just because I support protecting endangered species I am now a lefty. Some of you are so caught up on the partisan side of things that you can't be objective.

Imagine if it were the California redwood endangered and some other country said "screw the Americans and their forest, we need their trees for our need".

Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 AM

I had a discussion with a couple people who are in New Zealand and India on this. According to them the law about wood being finished before export is their law to have them get a piece of the action as far a jobs in their countries when their wood, specially precious wood is going to be used.

I can't blame them for that, but if the wood was exported against their law that is on them to go after those on their side that broke the law, not for the U.S government to uphold their law to a American. If Gibson was involved in falsifying documents and conspiracy to import the wood that might be a different matter.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:11 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,156,833 times
Quote:
Not getting caught doesn't mean it's legal.

Where are the charges? Where's the official submission of alleged laws broken?

It's been over two years since the firs theft.

Thus far, there has been absolutley nothing from the US Justice Dept, except two illegal raids (thefts) of slabs of expensive rosewood and ebony wood.

No charges filed against Gibson, no offical communication from the Justice dept detailing exactly what laws Gibson allegedly broke, not even an accurate official accusation against Gibson has been made by the US Justice Dept.

So please tell me exactly what basis of law you are so certain the Justice Dept rests on and warrants justifaction for their theft?

Don't kid yourself, the Justice Dept has nothing. Absolutely nothing on Gibson. That's why they felt they desperately needed another theft (raid).

If Justice Dept had acquired any incriminating, law braking evidence .....if they had anything on Gibson from the firs theft; the charges would have been filed ....a long time ago.

This is bullsh*t partisan, domestic corporate terrorism being carried by the Obama administration and the Justice Dept.

They are trying to ruin Gibson and drive them out of business, because they won't bow down to their demands of outsourcing American jobs to those countries. And since Gibson's Henry Juszkiewicz hasn been rightfully so defiant and has filed a lawsuit against the Justice Dept; they're scrambling for something...anything.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,156,833 times
Quote:
Once again you are wrong. There has been a lawsuit going on, filed by Gibson against the Justice Dept/US Government since the first theft in 2009. And Gibson has submitted all required paper work into evidence, to prove their wood was all leagal and obtained through legal/lawful channels/procedures and laws. They also have official signed affidavits to further cement their case.

The Justice Dept/US Government is trtying "Stay" the case....stall .....and drag this out for as long as possible. Because their only intent is to bankrupt Gibson and drive them out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies