Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 06:55 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,532,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Like I said, rape and incest is a very small percentage, yet you like to use them to bolster your argument. A 13 year old is not mature enough to decide the fate of another human being. Her parents or caretakers can plead their case to a court. I would expect the crime to be verified and prosecuted.
Casey wanted an abortion, mummy said no. She should have let mummy have custody and gone out to play. She had the maturity of a 13 yr old.
Casey Anthony was 18 when she got pregnant and 19 when she had a baby.

Once you're 18, your parents can't stop you from getting an abortion. And in some states, they can't stop you even if you're under 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,189,053 times
Quote:
Well, if it's so horrible, why risk it?
Why? Because the men in our lives whine, cry, beg and plead for sex.....they literally can't live without it.....they are relentless. They also whine and cry when required to wear a condom......therefore, substantially adding to the amount of abortions preformed.

Poor creatures.....they are slaves to their penises..... they worship them....just look to Washington DC for proof of that.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,900,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not sure why some folks are being so rude and condescending towards the OP. I agree with his position. As a woman with 4 children, I know all there is to know about pregnancy. It's not 9 months of agonizing hell. I wonder why some women exaggerate the experience of pregnancy/childbirth/etc? Sure it is hard work, but is it the nightmare that some will have you believe? No. Otherwise, we'd have an extremely small population here in the US.

I 100% agree that the system is slanted towards the woman. I don't care about it being "her body". A mistake by TWO people should not be dictated by ONE. Period. You want the baby? Fine.....have it KNOWING that you will receive no aid...let's see how long those warm and fuzzy feelings last.

BTW, I knew many girls growing up who used abortions as BC. One girl I knew had 5 and had trouble getting pregnant later in life.
It's interesting that no one responded or tried to rebut your post. They can't because your logic is flawless, plus you're a woman who actually had 4 kids.

What's sad is many men DO support a woman's right to have an abortion, and when those men ask for a similar opt-out, they get "life's not fair" in return. It's hypocritical to say you're pro-choice and for equality, and then advocate for taking equal choice away via preventing a male opt-out legally/financially (I'm not for forced abortions). At least pro-lifers are intellectually consistent, since they tell both sides to suck it up.

What's also sad is those who say "get a vasectomy" or "wear a condom" aren't telling the woman to "tie her tubes" or "wear a female condom". It's a clear double standard.

This is a no win argument because people are too emotional about it to engage in an honest debate. Only 3 women in this thread even support the idea of a man opting out. It's very similar to a previous thread I posted where I tried to initiate an honest effort to seek a compromise that made everyone happy, but the knives and personal attacks still came out. Most didn't even CONSIDER potential plans for compromise, and they aren't in this thread, either.

Guys having sex out there, pay attention to the majority's double standards here and please discuss this topic with women you're having sex with. It's not just a double standard in the internet world.

Last edited by Freedom123; 06-12-2011 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 08:14 PM

764 posts, read 601,401 times
The thing I hate the most is the bias towards women in the legal system. Nevermind the fact that they can scratch and hit and kick a guy all they want, but the second the guy so much as pushes the woman back, some wannabe hero will interfere or a cop will have the guy on the ground with a knee in the guys back.

I also hate how the woman ALWAYS gets the kid. Even if the male wants the kid, the woman pretty much always gets it. Okay, thats fine, but if you want the kid that bad, then take care of it with YOUR money. If you can't take care of the kid without being totally dependent on the male giving you child support, and the guy is totally decent and wants the child...then HE should get the kid. You can't have it both ways.

Equal rights should be the way it is. Take the good and the bad. You shouldn't get to pick and choose like its a buffet. Don't step up to the plate and get in a guys face and smack him around then suddenly turn back to a weak little girl when he retaliates. Don't expect to have a totally separate life, but then reach your hand out every month for more money. Stop with all the double standards...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,650,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Casey Anthony was 18 when she got pregnant and 19 when she had a baby.

Once you're 18, your parents can't stop you from getting an abortion. And in some states, they can't stop you even if you're under 18.
Technically you are correct, although I think it's an abomination, when that young person is dependent upon her parents for her very survival. Casey was 26, with a child, and still living with her parents. They continue to provide for her, even tho we all know she murdered their grandchild.
It's a sick sick world. Enabling irresponsible behavior is contributing to the demise of civil society.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,720,413 times
Quote:
Exactly. Women have all the say over something that can affect a man's life for 18 years. And you're a woman, but even you think that way.
You make it look like the man had no saying when it came to having sex.

Listen, if you don't want to have a child and pay up, don't have sex. We all know contraceptive methods are not 100% safe. Once you do it, be prepared for the consequences.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Technically you are correct, although I think it's an abomination, when that young person is dependent upon her parents for her very survival. Casey was 26, with a child, and still living with her parents. They continue to provide for her, even tho we all know she murdered their grandchild.
It's a sick sick world. Enabling irresponsible behavior is contributing to the demise of civil society.
But since she was 18 when she got pregnant, she could of got an abortion before her stomach got too big and her mom would never know.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You make it look like the man had no saying when it came to having sex.

Listen, if you don't want to have a child and pay up, don't have sex. We all know contraceptive methods are not 100% safe. Once you do it, be prepared for the consequences.
I stay celibate.

You're right that the man has a choice of whether or not he has sex.

But I don't like the double standard. A man has to either avoid sex if he's not willing to accept the consequences, or have sex anyway but take the risk.

How about you apply the same logic to yourself? If you don't want to pay up, don't have sex. But of course we know that would never happen. Because you're a female so there's a way out (abortion) if you don't want to pay up.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:56 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,650,636 times
Quote:
I stay celibate.

You're right that the man has a choice of whether or not he has sex.

But I don't like the double standard. A man has to either avoid sex if he's not willing to accept the consequences, or have sex anyway but take the risk.

How about you apply the same logic to yourself? If you don't want to pay up, don't have sex. But of course we know that would never happen. Because you're a female so there's a way out (abortion) if you don't want to pay up.
That's why we should legalize prostitution. You could get your needs taken care of, without pretending to care, or have to worry about being stuck with child support.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,111,360 times
Quote:
That's why we should legalize prostitution. You could get your needs taken care of, without pretending to care, or have to worry about being stuck with child support.
Alimony and child support is legal prostitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies