Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,479,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
The males get no say because it's not their body. This is a good-enough reason for men to watch their step and women to watch theirs too! In a perfect world, people who are doing the deed would be able to talk ahead of time about if/what kind of protection is being used and what they'll do in the case of an unexpected pregnancy. But I guess that's just too much to ask in today's no-commitment, instant-gratification society.
No, that's not too much to ask for. But if she says she would get an abortion, I don't want to take the chance that she changes her mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,308,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Can an hermaphrodite self-impregnate?
Anyone?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, Sweet Pea, the reason you're celibate is because you're utterly clueless about sexual relationships between a man and a woman and are terrified of the whole prospect.
I think it's pretty obvious based on my posts that I stay celibate because I don't want kids. If you haven't figured that out by now...

Quote:
You have decided to CHOOSE a life of celibacy, you do not NEED to remain celibate. I think your decision is an excellent one and I sincerely hope that time will NOT change that.
No, I need to remain celibate. I've dedicated my life to never becoming a parent and I don't want to take any chances.

Quote:
Choose? Forced to? "Bothered" that you're forced to? Confused much? The girl pants you like to wear will fit just a little bit better if you have a complete castration and thus all your little problems will be solved.
Yeah, I'm bothered that I'm forced to stay celibate. Because if a female never wants kids, she can have sex knowing she can get an abortion. But I need to stay celibate because I don't want to risk getting stuck paying child support.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,308,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

I need to remain celibate. I've dedicated my life to never becoming a parent and I don't want to take any chances.

I think you have made a rational, and well thought out decision,
and I support you. Go for it, or don't go for it. Stay safe.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,067,879 times
city_data91.....

I must admit I have not read the whole thread.

So.....if you NEVER want to have children.....why don't you just have a vasectomy? I don't see the problem.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
city_data91.....

I must admit I have not read the whole thread.

So.....if you NEVER want to have children.....why don't you just have a vasectomy? I don't see the problem.
Vasectomies have been known to fail.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,174 times
Quote:
Vasectomy failure rate is 0.05%.

Source

Double up, use a condom, get tested every year or two to make sure you're still shooting blanks. There's no reason to be forever celibate out of fear of parenthood, or fear of the big bad women out there.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
You are right about that.....but it is rare.

You could ask your doctor to test your seman periodically for your peace of mind.......I am sure he would be happy to oblige.

That is sure a lot better than living your whole life celibate.

For good measure.....you could always use a condom too.

Periodically tested vasectomy + a condom = no worries of an unwanted child. You would be more likely to be struck by lightening.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:45 AM

If I'm content to stay celibate forever, I don't see what's so bad about that

Old 06-10-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
If I'm content to stay celibate forever, I don't see what's so bad about that
Nothing wrong with being celibate for life if that is what is going to make you happy.

Sex is not the "be all and end all" in life. Many people do not have sex and live happy and fulfilled lives.

Just want you to know, there are viable options available for you if you happen to stumble across a special girl someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies