Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,481,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
The only thing that should be unequal in today's society is the scenario of a woman not wanting a child/pregnancy but the father does.

It is unequal because he cannot (and should not have the power to) force her to carry-to-term against her will. However, she can get an abortion against his will. The concept of "the child is kinda stuck to her uterus" is a big mitigating circumstance for allowing this form of inequality to continue.
Yeah, a man should not be able to force a woman to have a baby. Because it's ultimately the woman that has to deal with the pregnancy.

But if the woman has the baby, she shouldn't be able to force the man to pay.

It sounds like we agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,745,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If a female doesn't want the responsibility/financial stress that goes along with parenthood, she can get an abortion and never look back. Even if the male wants to keep the baby, the female has the power to get an abortion.

So why do the males get no say? If a female can just walk away from the responsibility if she doesn't want a baby, a male should be able to do the same thing.

If the female wants to keep the baby but the male doesn't, the male gets stuck paying child support.

In both examples, one parent wants to keep the baby. So why does the male get stuck paying for a baby he doesn't want?

Of course the male can't get an abortion. But I don't think the male should need to pay child support for a baby he doesn't want.

Sure, you might be thinking "The male helped create the baby. If the female wants to keep it, the male should pay"

But it takes two to tango. Both parents played an equal role in creating the baby. So if the male can't force the female to pay, why should the female be able to force the male to pay?

By the way, I am pro-choice. I support abortion and I don't see anything wrong with a female getting an abortion if she doesn't want to pay for a baby. But if a male doesn't want to pay for a baby, he shouldn't need to either.

1 you ever herd the phrase take matters into your own hands

2 have you herd of oral sex..

just make sure you ask the girl, before you stick your tool in the wrong tool box,,you definitely don't want to stick your tool in the box that makes babies..

have you ever herd the phrase>>>"one must think outside the box"

but i do agee with some of your post..

Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,309,775 times
Quote:
What if birth control fails? Do you think abortion is acceptable then?

And if a real man accepts responsibility, I'm proud to not be a real man. Not that I'm ever going to be put in that scenario. I stay celibate.

So you say you can't speak for what makes a real woman? But you insist abortion has physical, mental, and emotional costs? How would you know if you're a male? And abortion is not taking a life. A fetus is not life.
I believe a fetus is life. My Grandson was born 6 weeks early, was he 'not alive', 5 minutes before he was born?

I know women who have had abortions. It is not something that 'goes away'. I speak from experience.

You were a fetus, good thing you weren't 'taken'. When were you 'not life'?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM

For me, the financial matter is the biggest concern. Because I don't expect to ever be able to afford a baby.

If I had a baby, it's just a given that I would walk out on the mother and baby. There's no way I would live in the same house as a baby. I have zero desire to raise kids. I have zero desire to pay for kids. But I would get stuck paying child support. So that's why money is my biggest concern. And that's why I stay celibate, so I never get put in that scenario.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,579,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
There is no 100% method of stopping a unwanted pregnancy, except abstaintion. The 'pill', condoms, everything fails. If you have sex, it can happen. A fact of life, been happening for years. I know a man who got two seperate women pregnant, at different times (married to both), while they were on the pill. It happens.

If it happens, be a man, accept responsibility.
Men are so gullible, women 'forget' to take the pill and lie about it. Men have to learn not to trust what women say, and take care of themselves.

It all boils down to the old fashioned tradition of waiting until you are committed in marriage to bring children into this world. The idea was a loving, stable environment for raising a child, mommy is the nurturer, daddy is the head of household. That's all been shot to hell....this mess is not progress or about freedom of choice. It's about tearing down the very foundation of American culture and society. It's about eliminating any semblance of self-discipline. People are being reduced to acting like anmals, claiming that is the newly found freedom. People used to make better "choices" because there was an awareness that those choices afffected those beyond themselves. Now it's all about me and me and me.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I believe a fetus is life. My Grandson was born 6 weeks early, was he 'not alive', 5 minutes before he was born?

I know women who have had abortions. It is not something that 'goes away'. I speak from experience.

You were a fetus, good thing you weren't 'taken'. When were you 'not life'?
Late term abortions are only granted in extreme cases, and many times it has nothing to do with what the mother wants.

So your example of your grandson being born early is irrelevant. If a fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb, it is life. If not, it's not life.

So you can speak from experience about the women you know that got abortions? But you can't speak for what makes a real woman? You can't speak for whether or not a real woman takes responsibility?

And if my parents didn't want me, I'd rather they not have me. But I was wanted.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Men are so gullible, women 'forget' to take the pill and lie about it. Men have to learn not to trust what women say, and take care of themselves.

It all boils down to the old fashioned tradition of waiting until you are committed in marriage to bring children into this world. The idea was a loving, stable environment for raising a child, mommy is the nurturer, daddy is the head of household. That's all been shot to hell....this mess is not progress or about freedom of choice. It's about tearing down the very foundation of American culture and society. It's about eliminating any semblance of self-discipline. People are being reduced to acting like anmals, claiming that is the newly found freedom. People used to make better "choices" because there was an awareness that those choices afffected those beyond themselves. Now it's all about me and me and me.

Those statements are all true. I still believe in them, and I preach those values to my kids and grandkids. Just because PC and others don't live by them, I do. I will not be swayed by percieved ideas and 'that's the way things are now'.

PC is censorship, and morally wrong. I do not agree with PC, nor do I follow it. Truth is more important than perception.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Late term abortions are only granted in extreme cases, and many times it has nothing to do with what the mother wants.

So your example of your grandson being born early is irrelevant. If a fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb, it is life. If not, it's not life.

So you can speak from experience about the women you know that got abortions? But you can't speak for what makes a real woman? You can't speak for whether or not a real woman takes responsibility?

And if my parents didn't want me, I'd rather they not have me. But I was wanted.
And you know what a 'real woman' is? Tell me, oh great one.

By the way, no human baby can survive by itself.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
And you know what a 'real woman' is? Tell me, oh great one.

By the way, no human baby can survive by itself.
I don't think you need to take responsibility to be a real woman.

And for that matter, I don't think you need to take responsibility to be a real man.

But if you don't know what a real woman is, how do you know abortion is not something that "goes away"?

You say you know women that got abortions, but you're not them, so how can you be so sure that abortion took a toll on them, but you're unsure what a real woman is?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,462 times
Quote:
For me, the financial matter is the biggest concern. Because I don't expect to ever be able to afford a baby.

If I had a baby, it's just a given that I would walk out on the mother and baby. There's no way I would live in the same house as a baby. I have zero desire to raise kids. I have zero desire to pay for kids. But I would get stuck paying child support. So that's why money is my biggest concern. And that's why I stay celibate, so I never get put in that scenario.
For someone with your position a vasectomy is the best recourse. It's simple, and fairly inexpensive. It use to be less than a thousand bucks.

A woman is often refused a tubal ligation if she has never had a child, and if she is still young they can still refuse her due to age. It happened to my nephew's girlfriend. She wanted a tubal after her first and they refused her. I wanted one at 23 and was refused due to age.

I know of no men who have been refused a vasectomy. Go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies