Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,330,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Hi Ceece,

The situation you described has already been covered in this thread. The man would be still be legally on the hook because he did not opt out before the legal abortion period ended.

I don't believe in letting men off the hook who lead women to believe he will be there for her and the child.
"opt out before the abortion period ended"...?

You really do live in fantasy land if you think human beings can work off that schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You have no idea if a baby is wanted or unwanted. This is why you need to stop talking.
If someone gets an abortion, the baby is unwanted (at least by the mom).

If the mom has a miscarriage, the baby might be unwanted. But most likely the baby was wanted. And for the poster I was responding to, it was obvious that the baby was wanted when his wife had a miscarriage.

But I make a good point that abortion and miscarriage are two totally different concepts. Stop nitpicking everything I say.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,330,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If someone gets an abortion, the baby is unwanted (at least by the mom).

If the mom has a miscarriage, the baby might be unwanted. But most likely the baby was wanted.

But I make a good point that abortion and miscarriage are two totally different concepts. Stop nitpicking everything I say.
You don't know why people get abortions. Again, this little fun house you made here has played itself out and your obsession needs to stop now. For your own good.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:

You really do live in fantasy land if you think human beings can work off that schedule.
There are a lot of real life scenarios where people sign a legal document. What's so far-fetched about a legal document where a male can opt-out of responsibility for a baby?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
You don't know why people get abortions. Again, this little fun house you made here has played itself out and your obsession needs to stop now. For your own good.
There might be other reasons (like the mom's life being at risk).

But the most typical reason to get an abortion is because the baby is unwanted.

If you don't like my thread, don't post on it.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,892,395 times
Quote:

Good afternoon,

Please explain why this would not work. Since 1973, 50 million women have worked off that schedule to decide to opt out of parenthood and obtain an abortion. How are men not able to do the same and opt out of parenthood in the same time frame?

If you're assuming that I believe 100% of potential fathers would use this legal tool, you are incorrect. I am simply trying to make a tool available for those who will take advantage.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,087,312 times
Quote:
There are a lot of real life scenarios where people sign a legal document. What's so far-fetched about a legal document where a male can opt-out of responsibility for a baby?
Because its an idiotic concept.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Because its an idiotic concept.
But it's not idiotic that a female can opt out of responsibility by getting an abortion, yet she can also force a male to pay for a baby he doesn't want?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,087,312 times
Quote:
But it's not idiotic that a female can opt out of responsibility by getting an abortion, yet she can also force a male to pay for a baby he doesn't want?
This whole scenario is idiotic.
Like Ceece said, you need to stop talking.
Because you're not even listening to anyone but yourself, this thread is proof of that.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
This whole scenario is idiotic.
Like Ceece said, you need to stop talking.
Because you're not even listening to anyone but yourself, this thread is proof of that.
There are people on this thread that agree with me.

And what do you mean by listen? Do you mean change my opinion? Of course I'm not going to change my opinion just because you think I'm wrong.

I'm listening to you, but that doesn't mean I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies