Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I certainly never said that. I said it was up to God to decide--not me, you, or anyone.
If that were true, then don't go to a doctor or hospital. just pray for his will to be done. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 AM

502 posts, read 1,252,134 times
I am disgusted that "we" offer more compassion to our pets than to fellow human beings.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Kevorkian killed the person he was convicted of murdering,he did the actual killing unlike the rest of the times.

So he murdered someone,whether compassionate or not who cares.

People are free to off themselves,they just need to stop wanting others to do it for them.
If you want to off yourself grow a pair and do the job yourself,not want others to do the dirty work.
He always videotaped his work, it was all documented over a period of time. Can you provide the vid for this one, that you want to call a murder?
We want to relieve suffering, not cause more of it. Yes, we could put a bag over our head, but that's a horrible way to go, and most of us wouldn't be able to resist pulling it off. Doctors limit the type and amount of medication we are allowed access to. A gun may not kill, but just injure all the more, plus cause our family to suffer.
A concoction of drugs made up by a professional, is the best method I can think of.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
I respect Kevorkian for helping those suffering die (at their choice) and for bringing this issue to the general public's attention. It is no one's decision but their own if they wish to die, and to not allow that is an injustice. And to want to go with dignity and humanely should be facilitated. He helped people do this. No one should feel they can either suffer immensely or blow their own head off. One certainly should not be forced to live as a prisoner in their own body if they do not wish to. And I've got no problem with a doctor being the person assisting in a chosen suicide. I trust them more than any other profession with the job if it were myself seeking this remedy.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If that were true, then don't go to a doctor or hospital. just pray for his will to be done. Good luck.
He gave us doctors and medical care. Use them.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
I certainly never said that. I said it was up to God to decide--not me, you, or anyone.
Then aren't doctors working against God's will?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
I have no idea who gave us doctors and medical care and you don't either BUT so what?!

Doctors and medical are not infallible, they cannot save the terminally ill, they cannot end their pain.

AND they cost a lot of MONEY....your "god" certainly didn't give everyone enough money to pay for all those doctors and drugs....WHY NOT?

We had no choice about being put on this planet , we should at least have a say in when we end it.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Then aren't doctors working against God's will?
Nope.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Nope.
It's not God's will that you get sick?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
He wouldn't have had to make doctors and medical care if he hadn't made disease and suffering.....can't he make up his mind???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies