Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 26,061,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They might not have emailed monkey pictures, but when the children were leaving the Clinton Administration they removed all the "W's" from all the keyboards to F with GWB.
Got any sources

.What would be the meaning of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,816,482 times
Default Tea partier's email depicting Obama as a baby chimp sparks outrage

B-b-but it was just a harmless joke aimed at the black gu... I mean, the president.

He's a public figure, right?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,414,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just to make it clear, I'm a fiscal conservative, and consider it inappropriate when sent by an elected official. If it's a private person, it's still offensive, but it's their business. As to racist-FAIL. Racism is in the eye of the person making the statement, no one knows exactly what that person was implying. Were the pictures of GWBs face imposed on a monky offensive? Yes. Were they racist? I don't think so. Libbies want a free pass for Obama because of his race. Grow up and put some big-boy pants on.
Hey, congrats! You appear to be the first conservative in this thread even willing to admit that this email was even inappropriate! It makes me kind of sad that it took over 100 posts to get even one poster to say so, but better late than never. Too bad that apparently nobody else is willing to show the sort of maturity you are here.

I think that Davenport has some racial issues because (1) this is the third time that media source have pointed out her sending out race baiting emails like this, and (2) her "In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email" statement.

Both of those things in addition to this email make me feel quite comfortable when I conclude that Ms. Davenport here has no problem with racist jokes and sharing racist jokes with other people.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,701,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Ted Rall is one of the worst cartoonists out there, and I have no problem saying that that comic was offensive, and worse, horribly drawn!

Didn't we have pretty much this exact same story as a topic a few days ago? And didn't we have pretty much the exact same deflections from people who don't understand that there is a history of racist rhetoric comparing black people to apes, and that there is no such history of such racist rhetoric with white people?

I'm also going to note that I did not see a single conservative actually condemning this email. Apparently there's no conservative in here who thinks that email was wrong. If I missed posts about this in among all the myriad "But somebody once put up a crass picture comparing Bush to a chimp!" deflections, please let me know.
Umm in case you missed it it has been the left telling the right for decades now that theyre from monkies.

Or is that not cool now?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,674,856 times
We got the email from someplace. a few days ago. I do heve to admit it made me smile, but it was still totally out of line and yes, she should be replaced. Does this mean Tea Partiers are racists, of course not. Let me add, I didn't pass it on to anybody, it went into the trash.

Nita

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,043,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I've seen online pictures of Bush depicted as a monkey some liberal thought would be a cruel joke whats the difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Yes. I just typed in "Bush Chimp" at google images and came in at over 288,000 results. Who cares?!
Exactly. What's good for the goose---

This is just more phony outrage from the professional angries known as liberals who are trained to be outraged by any little thing.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:04 AM

38,844 posts, read 26,712,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize a chimp doesn't have a history of being used as a racial attack against whites and it has a history of being used as a racial attack against blacks, correct??

Also it doesn't just appear that its just liberals who are upset about this, to their credit the Orange County GOP (hardly a liberal bunch) told this woman to basically GTFO because of this.

How fine are we going to split this hair?

Like to see the pictures of Bush as Hitler?

Liberals were behind those as too, and there is definitely a history.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,628,534 times
To all of you who say, with the regularity of the sun coming up in the east, when something like this is brought up, "But, but, but, the other side did it/does it, too" and then post pictures: didn't your moms ever tell you two wrongs don't make a right? This woman was wrong for sending this email. It doesn't matter who sent an e-mail or made a poster of Bush or Condaleeza Rice or anyone else as a chimp, as Hitler, as who/whatever, this e-mail was inappropriate.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM

39,979 posts, read 26,882,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Hey, congrats! You appear to be the first conservative in this thread even willing to admit that this email was even inappropriate! It makes me kind of sad that it took over 100 posts to get even one poster to say so, but better late than never. Too bad that apparently nobody else is willing to show the sort of maturity you are here.

I think that Davenport has some racial issues because (1) this is the third time that media source have pointed out her sending out race baiting emails like this, and (2) her "In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email" statement.

Both of those things in addition to this email make me feel quite comfortable when I conclude that Ms. Davenport here has no problem with racist jokes and sharing racist jokes with other people.
If a picture of Obama superimposed on a monkey is racist, are you willing to admit that one of Bush imposed on one is too? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, at least not in the eyes of rational people. It's like superimposing Bush as the Joker and putting him on a tacky magazine cover. Classless, tasteless, and perhaps offensive, but not racist. Obama supporters use the race card to deflect any negative comment of their guy. What kind of critique of Obama do you accept as a commentary on his skills and abilities, rather than his race?

The person that created or sent the E-mail is guilty of poor taste, and poor judgement as an official in the local GOP. It reflects poorly on her maturity, and by association, on the party she represents. I can see her loosing her position over it. Racist? I don't see it. I would be far more concerned if Davenport was on a government payroll. In that case, respect for the office of the president, is more of an issue.

Both sides need to clean up their acts and distance themselves of people like this. Adults need to take charge.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 26,061,121 times
The excuses from the right are as childish as the antics they participate in.
Every time, the excuse is deflection by saying, " but they did this!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies