Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:34 AM

39,968 posts, read 26,750,394 times

Advertisements

Someone mentioned a skunk in this thread, would that be more appropriate with an Obama picture superimposed? Half black with a white streak, stinks to high heaven (as a leader) and no historical racial overtones?

(and no, I wouldn't do it, classless. much like painting Bushs pic on a monkey or the Joker).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,603,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I wouldn't fight over being called a monkey to my face but I wouldn't laugh hysterically either...you know some odd black people.
And here's the funniest part of this whole straw thread.

Quote:
Kudos to the Obama/Bush/Truman/Cheney clan for keeping that family tree up to date. Awkward.

They fought leopards in Africa and for their lives on the American frontier. They served on the U.S. Supreme Court and stole from governors. They owned slaves in Maryland and cooperated with white oppressors in Kenya...

the Chicago Sun-Times has cobbled together biographies of 16 of Obama’s ancestors, from the noble to the, well, not-so-noble. And his family tree has its share of surprises. Take, for instance, the distant relation to three U.S. presidents — Harry S. Truman, George W. Bush and George Herbert Walker Bush — as well as to Vice President Dick Cheney.

Obama’s ancestors hail from seven countries: Kenya, England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany and the Netherlands. And he has seven half brothers and half sisters living across some 10,000 miles.
http://www.simplydumb.com/2007/09/ob...-bush-related/

Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 AM

24,518 posts, read 23,258,696 times
I remember Bush 43 being called a chimp and being depicted as one. That wasn't considered racist. Obama = Bush so I guess they get similar insults hurled at them.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 13,011,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And here's the funniest part of this whole straw thread.

Simply Dumb » Obama and Bush Related

Well. looks to me he is more "WHITE" then he would like us to know!!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:45 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,843,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You think not everyone is considered equal, so based on that the SAME exact insult against 2 different people, it is considered worse for one than the other?

An insult is an insult. I don't care if your brown, red, yellow, white or chartreuse.
Really? So, if you're calling me a h*nky or a cracker because you're mad about someone else's offense and it has nothing to do with my own actual conduct, you'd be a racist. I agree. I'd have to add that those terms have no real meaning to me so I'm impervious to them unlike attacking black people over the color of their skin which has historic basis for psychological abuse. I sincerely hope they achieve the imperviousness I have achieved, which is the difference between the blacks I've forged meaningful relationships with and the ones blowing past me like irrelevant leaves. I strongly disagree that Obama's actual performance or legit criticism is the intent of anything this woman (or tea) has ever uttered.

The day I act like a ditzy blonde, I expect I'll be called on it for doing so. Not one soul on this planet is above reproach from criticism. Not even the Pope. What's the difference between truthful criticism and a smear campaign winning at any price, truth be damned? Can y'all tell anymore? How many Americans do you suppose are left that can live up to the standard of honest juror? Scary thought, isn't it?

I hear applause on the right for Ann Coulter, never to be spoken of as a feminazi when everything she says and does is the exact narrative they automatically accuse all other women who have the temerity to disagree with them. Palin stands on a stage telling them everything they want to hear, a resume defying all logic & reason, because she wears a red team jersey she gets by putting wasilla millions of dollars in hock procuring an ice rink for eskimos. Champion of fiscal conservatives?

But, but, she's such a NICE wholesome white bread lady. The whole world is watching a disgruntled former VP candidate jealously stalking the first lady & POTUS of this nation for years. Gee golly awwww schucks dontcha know? Conservatives are really this wet brain to buy into this pollyanna routine? Christ on crutches!

Isn't the point of freedom of speech being able to call a spade a spade? If the truth insults you, isn't that your work to do? If you (or anyone, or myself) are FACTUALLY a drunk, calling you (or anyone, or myself) a drunk is reality, not an insult.

YouTube - Steele Responds To Obama "Good Love Between Two Brothers" On WHCD
Obama was correct about hip hop republicans. Steele was disingenuous trying to save face. To be critical of one, two, or all of the above on merits of conduct is neither misogynist nor racist. They've earned those marks surely as I've earned every stripe and criticism leveled against myself in numerous performance reviews through the course of a lifetime. "Criticism" is not intrinsically evil, but false critics (like false praise) betray the beam in their own eye regularly.

This guy was so funny, it made Hillary laugh at Bills overly PC conduct.

YouTube - McCain Roasts Obama At Alfred E. Smith Dinner (High Quality)
And this guy gave as good as he got, but look how he lies!!!

YouTube - Obama at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner 10/16/08
My favorite zinger-
Quote:
"John McCain is onto something. There was a point in my life when I started paling around with a pretty ugly crowd. I've got to be honest, these guys were serious dead beats. They were low lives. They were unrepentant no good punks. That's right. I've been a member of the United States Senate. Come to think of it, John, I'd swear I saw you at one of our meetings"
To act indignant at Ruppert Murdochs accusation that he had fathered 2 african american children IN wedlock- that's pretty damned funny (about murdoch, our stupid ass culture, and the insanity of media driven politics).

Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,007,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't say conservatives, I said tea party. However, when you have so many tea party supporters defending this sort of garbage and justifying it, you have to wonder how prevalent racism really is in the movement. Besides you, I've only heard 2 or 3 other conservatives on this thread condemn this email, and we are at post 175!!

What does that tell you?
that the point of the post you are responding too is completely lost on you

Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,559,164 times
Doesnt matter nothing is racist enough against Obama for the tea party.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,559,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't say conservatives, I said tea party. However, when you have so many tea party supporters defending this sort of garbage and justifying it, you have to wonder how prevalent racism really is in the movement. Besides you, I've only heard 2 or 3 other conservatives on this thread condemn this email, and we are at post 175!!

What does that tell you?
Tells you what you already knew. They are racist and coward to go with that. At least the klan isn't afraid to be who they are.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,843,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
No you can't point to this one despicable act and use it to paint all Conservatives as racist.

Speaking as a Conservative, I find this picture definitely racist...
BTW as someone once said , You can find plenty of reasons to hate someone without resorting to Race.

We can have plenty of discussions, agree or disagree without stooping to this level.
The democrats had a schism going on prior to the run up of the civil war. Dixiecrats were undermining party principles from within driving all other vital issues to distraction. Lincoln saw it clearly for what it was. The voice of reason was coming from BAPTIST preachers and southern republicans at first. Those baptist preachers took a turn for the worse pandering to monied class at the expense of right from wrong. People say scallywags like it's a bad thing.
Quote:
scallywag (ˈskælɪˌwæɡ)— n
1. informal a scamp; rascal
2. (after the US Civil War) a White Southerner who supported the Republican Party and its policy of Black emancipation. Scallywags were viewed as traitors by their fellow Southerners
On that note, scallywag antarez, accept a salute from scallywag harborlady.

Dixiecrats actively persecuted southern republicans. Those original Baptist preachers and republicans were worthy of defense from the north (before, during and after civil war). It wasn't called a reign of terror for no good reason. We DID defend them, even if others may rightfully judge it as insufficient. We (as a nation) did the best we knew how at the time. Can we say we know better now? Not IMO.

The only thing that's changed since those days are the cloak dixiecrats were permitted to hide behind corrupting party principles, and here we go again, dragging all other issues to distraction. The door is wide open welcome to them in GOP and their campaign speeches pander to them regularly. Forget racism. It's BS'ism period. It's pandering to peoples lower nature and enough is enough.

The very grievance that people in this country have with the taliban is the very grievance that people in this country should have with supremacists of any race, religion, or gender. The moment you take it upon yourself to declare a group identity on the basis of negating the rights of others to exist, you have divorced yourself from the constitution. They are not worthy of representation. They are worthy of arrest and deportation.

Ultra orthodox Jews manage just fine in America to do their own thing, and yet, not neglect the duties of citizenship or try to force American policy to abide what is only theirs to carry. Amish are good citizens who reject main stream culture and refuse to participate in things they feel are a corrupting influence. I defend their right to live as they see fit. I cannot defend their right to force their personal ideology upon all. I also cannot vote for any party or support any lawmaker subverting the constitution in a way that tilts grace and favor for select clients. I can agree with libertarians only so far. Whatever policies we write need to have the primary objective of enabling people to help themselves. That is in keeping with Judeo-Christian imperatives, as well as the constitution's original intent.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,369,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Yes. I just typed in "Bush Chimp" at google images and came in at over 288,000 results. Who cares?!

But that is different. In America it is ok with some racist to attack a white man with anything you can but when you do anything other then a white man you are asking for the real racist to come out.

At NO TIME during the 2 horrific years we have had to deal with the current flunkie in the WH have I seen the HATE AND AGGRESSION I saw against Bush for 8 years by the radical nutcases called liberals.

Does not compare at all.

The HATE, AGGRESSION, RACISM was far worse under Bush then it will ever be under Obama. Left wingers have that stuff all tied up.

Google Image Result for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w-By2Dsk4Us/Sw0mXS5SwnI/AAAAAAAAA64/k5cC2_PHh-c/s1600/bush_chimp.gif

Google Image Result for http://deathby1000papercuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bush_cheney_rumsfeld_chimps.jpg

Notice the name on the website of the second link.

HOLLYWOODLIBERAL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies