Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I'm sure some of you out there can remember the days when some whites were referred to as Mic's, greasy Italians then calling people chinks, jews , japs and oh some were referred to as Protestant or Catholic. Oh my they are protestant people. Some whites still use the reference to this day.

That didn't make it ok to call one that

In other words if a black calls another a N its not ok either.

Its not ok, its all who you are.

I'm so tired of all the race bashing, its pure hatred, Obama is the president, the people voted for him, it didn't matter what race he was.

Maybe I'm dating myself, but I can actually remember when liberals addressed real issues and didn't have to keep inventing issues to keep themselves politically relevant.

Was it OK to depict GW Bush and Sarah Palin as monkeys as was done by the left?

Don't recall any liberal outrage over that.

Website Publishes Picture Of Sarah Palin As A Monkey | theVoiceofReason.com

picture bush as monkey - Google Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 AM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe I'm dating myself, but I can actually remember when liberals addressed real issues and didn't have to keep inventing issues to keep themselves politically relevant.

Was it OK to depict GW Bush and Sarah Palin as monkeys as was done by the left?

Don't recall any liberal outrage over that.

Website Publishes Picture Of Sarah Palin As A Monkey | theVoiceofReason.com

picture bush as monkey - Google Search
You do realize a chimp doesn't have a history of being used as a racial attack against whites and it has a history of being used as a racial attack against blacks, correct??

Also it doesn't just appear that its just liberals who are upset about this, to their credit the Orange County GOP (hardly a liberal bunch) told this woman to basically GTFO because of this.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:00 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,800,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"If Black rappers can use that word, why can't Whites" We've already witnessed it with Dr. Laura.
Case in point- I despise Dr Laura because of her lack of ethics. I agree with Cosby that blacks shouldn't be using the N word ever. I think it harms their esteem. Particularly young folks. Whatever issues adults have, they need to grown up enough to keep it off their kids backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Probably about as many as liberals who have the guts to call someone a "teabagger" to their face.
I'd gladly but WV already ran them out of town. They don't care for hate mongers anymore than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Here's an example of a liberal cartoonist racist attack on Condi Rice. There were many others at the time that were ignored by the press and black activist.

Ted Rall Editorial Cartoon, July 05, 2004 on GoComics.com
New age conservative males: Cartoonists should be held to a higher standard of decorum and accountability than representative officials. Gutter standards for GOP are the new normal.

Furthermore, the cartoon you referenced pointed at offensive behavior of said officials and an issue blacks had with her black representation of them. What offense is represented by a monkey drawing of Obama other than racism? Zero critique factor, zero humor.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times
Well, they are 99.8% correct. But in the same regards so where the "artist" who morphed Condi and Bush with monkies also.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,567,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
These folks don't want to get anything. They hate everyone who isn't southern baptist white male and doesn't make 6 figures. I guess they hate themselves when they aren't white enough, Christian enough, or 6 figure enough as well. Enfante terrible behavior in middle aged men just looks fill in the blank.
Wow, hello biggot!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I've never heard anyone make racist statements against Black conservatives, certainly not here. Care to show me some examples. I can't respond to something I haven't heard.
You, along with many others here on CD call any conservative black person an "Uncle Tom" which is a derogatory racist statement.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize a chimp doesn't have a history of being used as a racial attack against whites and it has a history of being used as a racial attack against blacks, correct??

Also it doesn't just appear that its just liberals who are upset about this, to their credit the Orange County GOP (hardly a liberal bunch) told this woman to basically GTFO because of this.
You do realize you never responded to the racist cartoon I linked in a previous post? In that cartoon, a white liberal man drew a blatantly racist cartoon involving Condi Rice saying she was the house ni gg a. Not one liberal news network nor organization came to her defense. Typical liberal double standard. If it offends a conservative then it's ok, but if it offends a liberal then all he'll will break loose. Soccer flopper!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Here's an example of a liberal cartoonist racist attack on Condi Rice. There were many others at the time that were ignored by the press and black activist.

Ted Rall Editorial Cartoon, July 05, 2004 on GoComics.com
Just in case you won't bother to go back and find my link, I've carried it over above for you.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'd gladly but WV already ran them out of town. They don't care for hate mongers anymore than I do.
Fail, the people of West Virginia are good people and greatly support the Tea Party.

Tea Party Patriots | west virginia Tea Party Organizations and Events (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/State/west_virginia - broken link)

Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,510 times
I think Obama looks more like the back end of a donkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies