Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Not surprised that you are okay with intellectual fascism. A decent person would be offended that someone is demanding that an individual of his own race think in a proscribed way. People should be free to form their own opinions on issues, and not be slurred racially because of it. Its wrong even when the one slurring is of the same race.
Call it what you want, but that's not a example of racism.

Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:32 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Call it what you want, but that's not a example of racism.

Fail.
You asserting such doesn't make it so. Especially you asserting such.

Noticed too you didn't comment on the Ruben Navarette column I posted.

I'll post the link again.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...acism_too.html

Old 04-19-2011, 01:32 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,983,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A horses ass is a better representation of Barack Obama. I'll throw Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson in there as well. Doesn't make me a racist. It makes them horse asses. Because that's what they are. All of them.

All of them? Who is them?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
[/b]

All of them? Who is them?
Well in the context of his post, it would be the names mentioned.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
You asserting such doesn't make it so. Especially you asserting such.

Noticed too you didn't comment on the Ruben Navarette column I posted.

I'll post the link again.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - There's Liberal Racism Too
Sell out and Uncle Tom are not racist terms. Derogatory, yes, racist, no. Sambo is a racist term. Unlike the tea party supporters, you will not see me defend the person who called him that.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sell out and Uncle Tom are not racist terms. Derogatory, yes, racist, no. Sambo is a racist term. Unlike the tea party supporters, you will not see me defend the person who called him that.
"Sell out and Uncle Tom are not racist terms". Oh that every shrinking criteria. "Its not racist if a black does it". "That term isn't racist".

Truth is, this outrage over this offensive post card is in the service of scoring political points. If the outrage was sincere, they would express it when black conservatives and other minority conservatives receive racial hate and vitriol.This present outrage is a strategy of liberals (so-called). Just like violence and hateful rhetoric on the left is ignored, racism in its multifaceted forms is ignored when coming from "progressives". This is by design. Former Civil Rights Commission chairman Mary Francis Berry blurted out this truth in a radio interview a few months ago.:
Quote:
Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
"Sell out and Uncle Tom are not racist terms". Oh that every shrinking criteria. "Its not racist if a black does it". "That term isn't racist".

Truth is, this outrage over this offensive post card is in the service of scoring political points. If the outrage was sincere, they would express it when black conservatives and other minority conservatives receive racial hate and vitriol.This present outrage is a strategy of liberals (so-called).
Sorry, calling a Black guy an ape who likes to eat watermelon, carries a spear, and collects welfare is not the same as calling him a sell out. Perhaps you equate them but I don't. Forgive me for not having the same reaction.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,550,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Obama has the thinnest skin of any president I've known.
Liberal politicians all have thin skin. They remind me of why I hate soccer. Player barely gets touched and they're flopping on the ground as if in pain to try to draw a foul. Liberal politicians are European soccer.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
they remind me of why i hate soccer. Player barely gets touched .
tmi

Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We had entire websites dedicated to comparing GWB to a chimp for years and nobody seemed to care but some no-name politician sends someone a photo of Obama as the son of chimp parents and all of a sudden the *******s care.

Newsflash, the sane majority in this country laugh at people who do nothing but attempt to play the race card.
Comparing a black guy to an ape IS PLAYING the race card. Sending out a racist e-mail IS playing the race card. Saying that a racist e-mail is just that racist is NOT playing the race card. Get it??

And yes people did compare Bush to a chimp but well calling a white guy a chimp doesn't have a racist history attached to it, calling a black guy a chimp does have a racist history attached to it. Hence the difference. Seriously, why is this so hard to grasp??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies