Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Like I said, Obama does not have to present
his original birth certificate. But there is
no good faith, in what he has presented
to date. But nice try, anyways.
That certainly was done in good faith, it was not required to be posted by any law, a logical person would believe a certified legal copy of his birth certificate would end any silliness about a foreign birth.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
I'm not interested in his eligibility to be President.
ok then. you're free to vote ( or not vote ) for any candidate for any reason.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Simple fact, Obama refuses to show his original
birth certificate. Why - only he knows.
What part of: "He doesn't have it, that's why he requested a copy from Hawaii in 2007." do you not understand?

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Like I said, Obama does not have to present
his original birth certificate.
Wow, you contradict yourself in one post after your last one

Your requesting his original copy in one post, and now you say that he doesn't have to present his original copy.

Make up your mind.

Quote:
But there is
no good faith, in what he has presented
to date. But nice try, anyways.
the document posted by Obama has been affirmed by Janice Okubo as being the one they issue in Hawaii. Her statements have been linked earlier in this thread.

and the COLB was seen by actual reporters who verified that it contains a seal, signature and date by the Registrar.

And those who use Sharon Rondeau's website, teh Pest and Efail, you are knowingly supporting articles, which she allows, like this on her site:
xxxwww.thepostemail.com/2011/04/24/it%E2%80%99s-not-what-happened-but-why/ (purposefully delinked so that you have to go their of your accord). It's a disgusting site.

Last edited by Arus; 04-24-2011 at 08:21 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Wow, you contradict yourself in one post after your last one

Your requesting his original copy in one post, and now you say that he doesn't have to present his original copy.

Make up your mind.

the document posted by Obama has been affirmed by Janice Okubo as being the one they issue in Hawaii. Her statements have been linked earlier in this thread.

and the COLB was seen by actual reporters who verified that it contains a seal, signature and date by the Registrar.
Not interested in his COLB from 2007. Show the original
birth certificate of 1961. I'm not contradicting myself.
He doesn't have to show it - unless, I guess Congress
demanded it. I'm not a lawyer. What I do know - is it
casts suspicion over him for not doing it. You can blow
up that paper as big as you want - it's not his original
birth certificate - and that is what folks are asking him
to show. I'm not personally requesting it
Even his christian confident is asking “I can’t see why he won’t produce it.”

Franklin Graham on Obama’s Birth Certificate: “I Can’t See Why He Won’t Produce It” (Video) | The Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/04/franklin-graham-on-obamas-birth-certificate-i-cant-see-why-he/ - broken link)

Now, here's a guy whose requesting a whole lot of info

YouTube - Show us your birth certificate, Barack Obama! Are you hiding something?!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 PM

86 posts, read 162,205 times
You don't need an original. I don't have my original. A legally requested copy is just as good as an original, as long as it's either notarised or stamped by the authorities from whom it was requested.

Quote:
is it casts suspicion over him for not doing it.
Then kindly post yours on the internet, please. That is, unless you weren't born in the US?

Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhbv24 View Post
You don't need an original. I don't have my original. A legally requested copy is just as good as an original, as long as it's either notarised or stamped by the authorities from whom it was requested.

Then kindly post yours on the internet, please. That is, unless you weren't born in the US?
Of the 3 people that live in my house, not one of us has our original birth certificate, or any clue where they might be. I thought I still had a certified copy of mine that I had to request when I got a passport 15 years ago, but when I looked for it, I found it too had gone missing, it probably was lost when I moved into my new house last year. Anyone who has moved around at all has likely lost a BC. I have a passport so I will probably never need to get another copy, unless I decide to run for president, then I would get whatever my birth state sends me.

I'd guess a large percentage of Americans no longer have their original birth certificate, and would get whatever their state sends as official legal copies. I guess they should just expect a major interrogation, and disbelief if they don't look, or seem "American" enough, despite posting the legal proof of their US birth on the internet.

Last edited by detshen; 04-24-2011 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 08:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Wow! Go out for Easter and you come back to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
To meet a legitimate standard, we need witnesses, the name of the hospital, and the attending physician. I even have a baby book, with pictures and writing about what I was like at 2, 4 etc. Obama has zip, zero, nada. I have my grades, the names of some of my teachers (nuns). Kids get sick and break things, yet there are no doctor records for Barry. Somethin stinks.
That is not what the state department asks for, sorry. Witnesses? Have you ever seen a "long form birth certificate"? I have seen lots of them, as a public health nurse. I also have the birth certificates from my two children. There are NO, I repeat NO witness signatures required in any state that I have ever participated in the birth certificate process in any way. In other words, not in California, not in Colorado, not in Delaware, not in Illinois, not in Pennsylvania. NONE.

Quote:
How come we haven't even heard from any of his students? He was a part time lecturer, yet I'm not aware of anyone saying what kind of a teacher he was. Wouldn't you think they would love to be interviewed?
There is a guy on the Pittsburgh forum who went to U of Chicago law school and had him as a professor.

Quote:
The Constitution is the final authority!

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United States:
“No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”
The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provided an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution. (The first several Presidents prior to Martin van Buren as well as potential Presidential candidates such as Alexander Hamilton were born as British subjects in British America before the American Revolution and this grandfather clause would cover them.)[1]
Additionally, the Twelfth Amendment states that: "[N]o person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." The Fourteenth Amendment does not use the phrase "natural born citizen". It does provide that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

"Subject to the jurisdiction" means no divided loyalty. A British subject is under the jurisdiction of Britain. duh
After all that constitution quoting, the last sentence is YOUR OPINION. It is NOT US law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
mccain was an interesting case but not because he wasn't vetted. the circumstances around his birth were well known. the part that got weird was that the year mccain was born congress specifically considered those born in the canal zone "US nationals" and not "US citizens" ( Panama Canal Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). what's the difference...... no clue.

obviously congress didn't have a problem with it.
Congress passed a resolution declaring McCain a natural born citizen. Obama was one of the sponsors. If there had been ANY doubt about Obama's citizenship, the same would have been done.

Clinton, Obama Sponsor McCain Citizenship Bill

Quote:
McCain's father was a 4 star admiral in the Navy who was ordered by his own country (USA) to go to a foreign land. He took his pregnant spouse (also an American citizen) with him there, and then she gave birth to their child. In fact the McCain family's military service goes back to the Revolutionary War. I was no fan of McCain politically, but I thought that was the dumbest waste of time I had ever seen.

What frivolous interpretation of the 14th amendment, and idiots on the hill.
Yeah, the law is frivolous.

Quote:
Obama needed a birth certificate to get a passport. He
states in his book he had/saw a birth certificate in High School - needed it to get a S.S. card. So, I would be curious to see a photocopy of his birth certificate stamped from an earlier period of time in his life. I know Obama was not hatched from an egg. Everyone born in the 1960's has a paper trail. I do, you do, my husband does.
And so did Obama before 2007.

And, I've been reading this:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

There is a difference between COLBs issued to those who were born in hospitals with full documentation and those who were given Hawaiian birth status through an affidavit process.
All that crap was covered last summer. Every state has such laws. The birth place wil still state where the child was born.

[
Quote:
Most young adults in the 1960's-1970's were concerned
about a birth certificate, if they worked. You are treating
Obama, as if he was a baby, and went to his mother for
everything, after the age of 16.

I'm not interested in a COLB of a person born in another
country. You didn't have to send in your BC when you
renewed your passport, because they already have it on
file. So, they would have Obama's as well. That practice
of giving certificates of live birth to those not born in hospitals in HI, by affidavit, was going on long before 1982.

You can skip past the first guy .....

YouTube - Tim Adams Obama not born in Hawaii, Hawaii election official in 2008, No birth certificate

I feel exactly as Lou Dobbs feels on this issue:
"I personally believe Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States"
Quote:
Your not stupid. Many believe that way. After all, he has
not presented the original birth certificate. Only a document
showing there's another document.

If I was running for President, and folks were questioning
my citizenship, I'd be showing that original document
ASAP. Simply because it would make it a non issue.
It's really that simple.

YouTube - Gibbs Is A Jackass Show Us Your Long Form Birth Certificate Barry Soetoro Barack Obama
Quote:
No I don't agree. I really think if his "original birth
certificate" was photographed, released, whatever, that would be the end of it.
And using the excuse, the birthers won't believe
that either, is just lame. There are many like me,
who aren't birthers - who simply say "what's
the problem".

If Obama won't produce it - makes folks like me
think, are he's just pompous - I don't have to
do that. An original birth certificate is a very
transparent document. It simply states where
you were born, the time you were born, and
by whom. The simple: who, what, where, and
when

To have your own press secretary laugh at a citizen with such little regard, simply because he is asking a very basic, common sense question, says more about arrogance than anything.

Here's McCain's original certificate of birth by the way.
Maybe Gibbs needs to be reminded of what one
actually looks like:
I actually WAS a young adult in the late 60s and into the 70s. I was not concerned about my birth certificate. I never once had to produce it to get a job, a marriage license, or anything other than (maybe) a driver's license and a SS card. My mom had it for a long time. I think she gave it to me some time after I got married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
that is not the State Department Website. Why do you quote non-government websites?
Probably b/c they spout all this erroneous information that can be repeated on CD. The "real deal" does not support these lies.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Not interested in his COLB from 2007. Show the original
birth certificate of 1961. I'm not contradicting myself.
Yes you are. You asked for his original copy and right now you are stating:

Quote:
He doesn't have to show it - unless, I guess Congress
demanded it.
You are contradicting yourself.

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer. What I do know - is it
casts suspicion over him for not doing it.
Only to those who believe the lies of birthers, who have invented fairy tales because they simply cannot accept that a black man with a foreign sounding name could ever win an election to be President of the United States.

These claims originated with racists, and are continued to be repeated by the racists who are birthers: Dr. Orly Tatiz, Andy Martin, Jerome Corsi, Joseph Farrah, Sharon Rondeau, Theresa Cao, just to name a few.

You don't mind repeating claims of racists do you.

Quote:
You can blow
up that paper as big as you want - it's not his original
birth certificate - and that is what folks are asking him
to show. I'm not personally requesting it
Even his christian confident is asking “I can’t see why he won’t produce it.”
Again you contradict yourself. You either ACCEPT a verified legal document that the State of Hawaii says that is what they issue, or you can wallow in your ignorance of the law and demand something that he cannot get and doesn't have in his possession.

IF HE had his original copy that he had seen amongst his mother's possessions, I'm sure he would have released it. But, he can't release something that was never in his possession.

As has been stated NUMEROUS times in this thread. THINGS get lost, YOU have had several posters, INCLUDING me who have stated over and over and over and over and over again that losing a Birth Certificate ISN"T at all surprising. YOU think that people should handle it the way YOU think they should, but we do not live in your "perfect' world. Things get lost. Things get stolen over time. Things get misplace. When it comes to official documents, YOU go to the agency that handles it, to request a copy. Obama did this in 2007.

What if Obama's house that his mother lived in, burned down while he was away at college and all the possessions, including that book he said his COLB was in was burned along with it? What do you think Obama could do at that point since now, no copy of his original exists?

THINK before you post.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
^^Actually, the poster you quoted stated her own husband lost his birth certificate. If no one ever lost a BC, there would be no need to even be able to get a copy. When my kids were born, Boulder County, Colorado sent me ONE free copy, and stated that any further copies would carry a fee. I lost my younger daughter's BC somehow. I really don't know how. I ordered a second. I know, irresponsible of me. So put me in jail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.