Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
OK, so you think that she said he was born there, and that she was not confused or mistranslated in any way. Fine.

How exactly do you believe all this happened. When did Ann Dunham leave Hawaii, her family and friends, for Kenya? Why didn't she tell anybody she was leaving? Where in Kenya was Obama born then? Why would the grandparents commit all this fraud when it's not hard to get a child of an American citizen naturalized?
You expect answers to these question, when ALL of obama's documentation is sealed up tight? You expect he would provide documentation of the whereabouts of his mother?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have you listened to the tape? She said he was born in Kenya..
yes, i have heard the complete tape. no, she does not say he was born in kenya.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
You expect answers to these question, when ALL of obama's documentation is sealed up tight? You expect he would provide documentation of the whereabouts of his mother?
What a convenient excuse! It's funny how birthers come up with the flimsiest of excuses at times like this, yet won't believe the word of the governor of Hawaii.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
... when ALL of obama's documentation is sealed up tight?
what public records of obama's are "sealed"?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
So Claudhopper and pommymommy:

Since you seem to believe that Obama was born in Kenya, please tell us exactly how you believe all this happened. When did Ann Dunham leave Hawaii, her family and friends, for Kenya? Why didn't she tell anybody she was leaving? Where in Kenya was Obama born then? Why would the grandparents commit all this fraud when it's not hard to get a child of an American citizen naturalized?
We don't know where he was born, when he was born, or to whom he was born. It would be nice to see some EVIDENCE. We have courts to discern evidence, but our courts have locked us out, because they say we have no standing to discover who this joker is. I can see this happening in Africa, or some 3rd world country, but not the US of A.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Since you seem to believe that a Hawaiian birth certificate authenticated numerous times by relevant officials is somehow fraudulent, that birth announcements from local papers (generated from hospital records) were actually fraud from the grandparents. You also also seem to believe that the GOP officials in Hawaii are part of this conspiracy when they authenticate and verify Obama's birth certificate. You also discount a NYT story from 1990 where he stated he was born in Hawaii (well before he was running or even really thinking of running for office).

You're asking us to ignore all of this documentary evidence that suggests he was born in Hawaii in August 1961. All I want is some believable theory of what you think actually happened, ideally backed up by some sort of evidence.

Quote:
She said she was there at his birth.
Here's the Q&A birthers point to as their holy grail:

Quote:
Was she present when he was born in Kenya?
Yes, they say that yes she was. She was present when Obama was born.
The question is leading, vague, and directed at an old, illiterate woman through a translator.

The question could have easily understood or translated as asking whether Obama's grandmother was present(ly) in Kenya (when Obama was born). It could be understood as whether Obama's grandmother was alive when Obama was born (interviewer does ask several other really silly questions).

If you guys are so sure that she was insisting that Obama was born in Kenya and she was there at the time, why not fly her into the states and have her sign an affidavit to that effect, or have another interview? I know, I know, you're going to claim she's being threatened. What a lousy and stupid way to get out of having to actually do some work to back up your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:59 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
We don't know where he was born, when he was born, or to whom he was born. It would be nice to see some EVIDENCE. We have courts to discern evidence, but our courts have locked us out, because they say we have no standing to discover who this joker is. I can see this happening in Africa, or some 3rd world country, but not the US of A.
I'm not asking what you know, because asking a birther what he or she knows is a waste of time from the start.

What I'm asking is what you think happened. You admit that you distrust everything all the relevant governmental officials say, so on some level you have to have at least some theory in your head of what happened instead.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
It would be nice to see some EVIDENCE.
- state certified prima facie COLB
- confirmation from top state official
- confirmation from independent fact checking organization
- corresponding contemporaneous newspaper announcements
- 1967 state department report listing stanley ann soetoro's "6 year old son" as a US citizen

Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
It would be nice to see some EVIDENCE. .
also, you didn't answer my question. do you believe it's a massive conspiracy?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yes, i have heard the complete tape. no, she does not say he was born in kenya.
Michelle ma bell said Kenya is his homeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.