Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,082 times

Advertisements

guys i have this friend born with the name jeffrey nathan jones. i just don't know what to do, because in elementary school he went by the name jeff smith - he told me that his mother got divorced and somehow that does something to his last name but i just don't know. one time he was making fun of this girl named myrtle and he puts his shirt over his head and says, "look at me, i'm myrtle the turtle!" then we start high school and suddenly he wants to be called jeffrey, like it somehow makes him seems older. but then - get this, i go visit him at home and everyone is calling him nathan! i was surprised, he "explained" that he is actually a junior, so his dad is called jeffrey at home, so he goes by nathan to avoid confusion. i just don't know what to think.

who is he?
jeffrey nathan jones?
jeff jones?
jeff smith?
myrtle the turtle?
jeffrey smith?
nathan smith?

i just don't know what to believe! who is this guy? someone needs to investigate!

Last edited by progmac; 04-22-2011 at 08:39 AM..

Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I know one person who can put the issue to rest, but so far, he won't do what a large percentage of the population wants.

See, obama thinks that letting the "question" fester among the populace will be good for him politically, but that strategy has backfired. As time wears on, more and more people question his eligibility.
Only the challenge to the birth certificate is not to Obama. It's to Hawaii. And there are no grounds to challenge Hawaii. Obama hasn't allowed the "question" to fester. He's presented his birth certificate, made it available on the internet. Beyond knocking on birthers' doors and showing them the birth certificate in person, a dubious strategy, there's nothing more he can do. People who don't want to believe it's valid, won't believe it's valid, no matter what is presented.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
As many times as you say it, it will still not be true. A COLB is not a birth certificate.
Funnily enough, your assertion is not accepted by the United States' State Department, which has been accepting COLBs as birth certificates for decades, now.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The stupid ones are either politicians, ignorant, or liberals that love Odumbo.
Really? I would think that being able to spell a five-letter word, like Obama, would be a demonstration of intelligence.

So, since you are such a brainiac, please tell us what your version of history is. Where do you think Obama was born? When did this conspiracy start to hide "the" truth? Who was in on the conspiracy? Why was a conspiracy needed? To achieve what end? Since you are so intelligent and reasonable, and these are reasonable questions, I look forward to you explicating on this matter.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The newspaper announcement was requested by the grandparents.
Can you prove that?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
when you hear that laughter, remember, "they are not laughing WITH you"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am looking forward to laughing last and loudest.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You can't claim that 43% of the population are birthers. My gosh, only 57% believe for sure obama was born in the US. Do you realize how horrible that number is?
There is no claim that 43% of the population are birthers. Many people are natural skeptics. 25% don't believe that the Hawaiian birth certificate is valid. That doesn't mean that they don't believe that Obama is a natural-born citizen. It means that they don't know for sure. Do you realize how when you mischaracterize things, how horrible that makes your arguments?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
One thing about Trump, he is not stupid.
He may be an egomaniac
He may be thin skinned
He may be a poor businessman in the gaming industry.
He is not stupid and he is looking for votes and when you can't get enough smart educated people on you side as potential voters then you lure in the stupid people. That's just what he has done with this birther thing.

Trump is not afraid of looking like a fool on the National stage, he needs votes and it looks like a lot of people fell for his scam.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
the funniest part of the Arizona "birther bill":
Quote:
"Early baptismal or circumcision certificate" and "A sworn statement or form that identifies the presidential candidate's places of residence in the United States for fourteen years"

The ONLY things Obama would need to show.... LOL so much for needing a long form birth certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Funnily enough, your assertion is not accepted by the United States' State Department, which has been accepting COLBs as birth certificates for decades, now.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is no claim that 43% of the population are birthers. Many people are natural skeptics. 25% don't believe that the Hawaiian birth certificate is valid. That doesn't mean that they don't believe that Obama is a natural-born citizen. It means that they don't know for sure. Do you realize how when you mischaracterize things, how horrible that makes your arguments?
This perspective seems good and rational until you realize that some people aren't accepting the long-established proof of birth as valid proof of birth. it is saying that although this may be good enough for the passport people, the fbi, cia, and everyone who ever requires a birth certificate, but it is not good enough for me. it would be like if you asked me for a quarter, i gave you a normal quarter, and you were skeptical that the quarter was real. that is not healthy skepticism, it is irrational disbelief based in something else entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies