Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times

Advertisements

The larger question here, for my fellow Republicans, is how much longer can we stay a serious force in politics and have these low IQ topics be a part of every campaign? Trump is actually pointing out that a large part of the constituency he claims to court, isn't really that sharp. If the last 12 years haven't proved that, he's looking to make it a slam dunk.

Over the years we've gone from being a fairly common sense party, one that didn't spend at will and squander taxpayer money, to a carnival party of knuckle draggers led by preposterous forwarded emails and hate radio. It's really become a carnival atmosphere, more like a food fight with adolescents than adults with serious suggestions or ideas. Most of the time now I find people saying "But What if it were True?", after reading the many statements issued by various trouble makers, later found out to be false.

The party leaders have tried to figure out a way to get the Party back on point and focused, but to no avail. I fear that all Trump is really accomplishing here, not to mention others in the "contest", is electing more liberals.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
lots of us regular democrats would vote for a small government, fiscally-minded republican not heavily into the social issues. but as i see it, that isn't what the republican party is about, ever since reagan and 'deficits don't matter' and the evangelical-as-a-political movement

Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The larger question here, for my fellow Republicans, is how much longer can we stay a serious force in politics and have these low IQ topics be a part of every campaign?
Based on the latest poll on the issue, it's not just republicans that are suspicious of his citizenship - 43% either don't know or believe he was not born in the US - that's a huge number.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the COLB meets with all federal standards for proof of birth.

Got a link?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Based on the latest poll on the issue, it's not just republicans that are suspicious of his citizenship - 43% either don't know or believe he was not born in the US - that's a huge number.
The birthers have misrepresented the facts and lied so many times is it any wonder that people are confused?---if you can even believe that poll number you're throwing around which I don't. I know a LOT of Democrats and don't know a single one who doubts the validity of the State of Hawaii's authentication of Obama's birth there. I know a lot of Republicans, too, and only a few of them are birthers.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
This perspective seems good and rational until you realize that some people aren't accepting the long-established proof of birth as valid proof of birth. it is saying that although this may be good enough for the passport people, the fbi, cia, and everyone who ever requires a birth certificate, but it is not good enough for me. it would be like if you asked me for a quarter, i gave you a normal quarter, and you were skeptical that the quarter was real. that is not healthy skepticism, it is irrational disbelief based in something else entirely.
Exactly! This whole thing would be as though I gave you a quarter that had, say, one of the states on the tails side, and got a response of "That's not a real quarter, where's the eagle!" And then I got the US Mint to tell you several times the quarter with the states on the back are real quarters, but you remain obstinate.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The birthers have misrepresented the facts and lied so many times is it any wonder that people are confused?---if you can even believe that poll number you're throwing around which I don't. I know a LOT of Democrats and don't know a single one who doubts the validity of the State of Hawaii's authentication of Obama's birth there. I know a lot of Republicans, too, and only a few of them are birthers.
This is the second poll that shows the number of people who have doubt rising.

CNN Poll: Quarter doubt Obama was born in U.S. – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

ONLY 42% are absolutely sure, the rest don't believe him or have doubts or don't know.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
ok, let's start breaking down all the people/entities involved in the conspiracy:

- barack obama II
- barack obama
- stanley ann dunham
- stanley armour dunham
- madelyn dunham
- lolo soetoro
- chiyome fukino
- alvin onaka
- linda lingle
- neil ambercrombie
- loretta fuddy
- staff at the honolulu advertiser

... correct so far?
I don't know who fuddy is, and I don't believe it was staff at the newspaper, but someone was able to alter the microfiche. I understand one is not supervised. Rather like someone entering the Library of Congress and stuffing papers down their pants - who would have thought that possible - and no one would do anything about it, because it was for Clinton. You folks play dirty.
There are more, like Pelosi, Hillary, McCain, Chris Mathews, O'Reilly, Cooper, and people like you. They can't all be that dumb. Then I would include our justice system, who managed to make up a rule "vexacious litigant" just to get rid of Orly.
Let's not forget about Col. Lakin, who sits in prison for daring to demand proof before risking his life in Afghanistan.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got a link?
First Time Applicants

Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know who fuddy is, and I don't believe it was staff at the newspaper, but someone was able to alter the microfiche. I understand one is not supervised. Rather like someone entering the Library of Congress and stuffing papers down their pants - who would have thought that possible - and no one would do anything about it, because it was for Clinton. You folks play dirty.
There are more, like Pelosi, Hillary, McCain, Chris Mathews, O'Reilly, Cooper, and people like you. They can't all be that dumb. Then I would include our justice system, who managed to make up a rule "vexacious litigant" just to get rid of Orly.
Let's not forget about Col. Lakin, who sits in prison for daring to demand proof before risking his life in Afghanistan.
LMFAO. What? You actually think someone altered the microfilm? Wow. Col. Lakin is an idiot and deserves his time in jail for not doing his sworn duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.