Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You have yet to produce a reason for doing so. The burden of proof remains on Birthers to rebut the short form. Unless and until you can do so, there is no reason to slay again the already slain.

You've had almost three years.

Where is your evidence?
I believe Obama was born in Hawaii, but the BC they
are showing, is just one generated at a much later date
and not the "original" long form.

I'm sure Obama has one. His team just likes the birther
distraction - so that if anyone politically brings it up,
they can discount any other criticisms they have
about Obama, simply by stating they are a birther
nut Now, Michelle Bachmann thinks that short
form is proof to show Obama was born in
Hawaii, so I guess the case is really now closed.

Michele Bachmann Dismisses Birth Certificate Issue (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/7219-michele-bachmann-dismisses-birth-certificate-issue - broken link)

Here's one from a lady who gave birth to twins the
day after Obama was born, at the same hospital in Hawaii in 1961. That's exactly how BC looked like in the old days.
Attached Thumbnails
Donald Trump - The Latest Birther.........And all other Birther Topics-long-form-birth-certificate.gif  

Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
The thing that is the most ?????? for me is why doesn't Obama just show the dang thing and that would be that. He bows to our enemies, scraps before dictators and does anything he can do to court as many votes as he can but he can't produce a stupid birth certificate? RIGHT

Only thing I can think of is he wants no conversations about the important issues and the more people talk about the certificate the more they ignore those issues. Typical politician and he was going to be different? That is a laugh.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
maybe because, no matter what the proof Obama produced, the birthers will continue to deny reality. they will immediately begin finding new reasons to doubt any new document and they will demand new forms of proof. as long as Obama lets the loony right dictate terms the demands would never end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The thing that is the most ?????? for me is why doesn't Obama just show the dang thing and that would be that. He bows to our enemies, scraps before dictators and does anything he can do to court as many votes as he can but he can't produce a stupid birth certificate? RIGHT

Only thing I can think of is he wants no conversations about the important issues and the more people talk about the certificate the more they ignore those issues. Typical politician and he was going to be different? That is a laugh.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, but they did when BO was born and we have been assured one exists, yet no one, to include Hawaii's new governor, seems capable of producing it.
Correct. No one can produce it. BECAUSE THAT'S THE LAW. The birth certificate that the state keeps on file is required by law to be kept under lock and key. Just like your original birth certificate is kept by state you were born in, never to be removed from where it is stored. EVER. However, Hawaii, like every other state, has certain information from that birth certificate stored digitally, and when YOU request your birth certificate, they pull up that digital record and print you out a birth record which is then certified by a state official. Just like when Obama requested a birth certificate from Hawaii. As state officials from Hawaii have verified now on several occasions.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:22 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Correct. No one can produce it. BECAUSE THAT'S THE LAW. The birth certificate that the state keeps on file is required by law to be kept under lock and key. Just like your original birth certificate is kept by state you were born in, never to be removed from where it is stored. EVER. However, Hawaii, like every other state, has certain information from that birth certificate stored digitally, and when YOU request your birth certificate, they pull up that digital record and print you out a birth record which is then certified by a state official. Just like when Obama requested a birth certificate from Hawaii. As state officials from Hawaii have verified now on several occasions.
I don't know why this is so hard for some people to grasp. If you want your vital records to be kept safe, then they cannot be removed for any reason. The state certifies that the information is true and correct, even though they cannot provide the original document for every suspicious Thomas, Richard, and Henry to personally examine.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Oh ok lets list Obamas alias..
Barrak Obama
Barrak Hussein
Barak Hussein Obama (his selective service card--which is B.S.)
Barry Obama
Barry Soetoro

and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others...

This guy is a lieing piece of sh*t......Who The F*** has all these different names..
I feel left out being born with the same name I still use!

This guy is a fraud!!!

But the funny part is,the left sees nothing wrong with all this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then he was never Barry????
Anyone who is so dense that they can't see that "Barry" is a nickname for "Barack" is not playing with a full deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Found the answer to your mystery of the spelling variation of Sutoro and Soetoro at: Language Log » Maya Soetoro-Ng: what’s in a name?

Obama's mother was an anthropologist and she probably adapted the spelling variation because she favored its history more and/or found it easier for other people to pronounce correctly. Now isn't that an easier and more logical theory to accept than some of the crazy conspiracy, low-life theories that have been floated around in birther circles? Read the link. It goes into great detail.
I actually read an article that said that in later years, Obama's mom preferred that spelling to "Soetoro". Now before all you birthers start shrieking "Here's another inconsistency", this is common in many families. I had a friend whose last name was Laine who said he was related to people whose name was Lane and Layne as well. Many names had no hard and fast spelling "back in the day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Based on the latest poll on the issue, it's not just republicans that are suspicious of his citizenship - 43% either don't know or believe he was not born in the US - that's a huge number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, one thing about this poll, that tells us only 43% believe obama was born i this country;

Poll: One in four Americans think Obama was not born in U.S. - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The sample includes only 25% of republicans, so that tells you right there, even with a skewed poll, more than just "birthers" have their doubts.

No traction? The number of people with doubts about obama has grown. That's the good news.
No, it's the stupid news.

Quote:

Oh, come on! How can you believe that? There is an endless list of things the birthers want that a BC cannot satisfy. Kindergarten records, name of best man at wedding, groomsmen at the wedding, etc.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:28 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I believe Obama was born in Hawaii, but the BC they
are showing, is just one generated at a much later date
and not the "original" long form..
correct. the COLB is from 2007 to be exact. nobody is arguing that point. it holds just as much legal weight as the "original".

Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
The thing that is the most ?????? for me is why doesn't Obama just show the dang thing and that would be that.
because it wouldn't be "that".

as i mentioned a few pages back the "long-form" will do nothing to appease those that believe in a government conspiracy or those that believe in the "2parent" theory.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct. the COLB is from 2007 to be exact. nobody is arguing that point. it holds just as much legal weight as the "original".
Fish scales equal fishy weight.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
good job, faux spews would be proud of you, you flipped the results, the CORRECT number was 57%.
Faux spews? Oh, you must be referring to MSNBC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.