Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Wow, really? It's up to 280 pages.

BTW, here is the post to which wb was referring.

You can set how many posts you wish to see in a page, so that "changes" how many pages there are. at 2700+ posts, i'm only page 94.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times

I don't think this link to "Birfistan" has been posted here yet. It's your one stop shopping place for 100s of birther articles and feeds---no matter which side of the debate you're on.

SpectraGator

Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wikipedia credits hillary supporters during the primary as the source for birtherism.

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fine and all, but all it says is that they were anonymous emails from supporters of Hillary Clinton

So it begs the question, how do we know they were supporters in the first place?

I personally, never said that birtherism started with the GOP. Seeing as the early supporters of birtherism came from known Hillary Supporters (James Manning, Phillip Berg), this is just another "got ya" from the birthers to say "hey, even democrats wondered, so why blame us?"

Much of the more repeated and famous claims originated with Andy Martin (a Republican) - in 2004.

Quote:
The original smear against Obama was that he was a crypto-Muslim, floated in 2004 by perennial Illinois political candidate and serial litigant Andy Martin. Other related versions of this theory alleged that Obama was educated in an Indonesian “madrassa” or steeped in Islamist ideology from a young age, and the theories began to spread virally after Obama appeared on the national stage – to the casual observer, from nowhere – with his early 2007 presidential campaign announcement.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1KJNad95R
it doesn't matter who started it; all that matters is that people are still perpetuating these lies (and the fact that its pretty much NOW a TEa Party and GOP issue... many democrats seem to have dropped the issue)

Old 04-22-2011, 09:07 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You can set how many posts you wish to see in a page, so that "changes" how many pages there are. at 2700+ posts, i'm only page 94.
Ah, of course. I've left mine at the default (lazy me!).

Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Wow, really? It's up to 280 pages.

BTW, here is the post to which wb was referring.
thanks emerald.

good advice arus, i didn't realize you could link to a specific post.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
thanks emerald.

good advice arus, i didn't realize you could link to a specific post.
You're welcome. The post # has the link.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

it doesn't matter who started it; all that matters is that people are still perpetuating these lies (and the fact that its pretty much NOW a TEa Party and GOP issue... many democrats seem to have dropped the issue)
So have Tea Partiers, at least Bachmann is now
backing off, as is Ron Paul, who thinks it's irrelevant.
So what Tea Partiers, GOP, besides Trump, are you
talking about?

YouTube - Ron Paul: Obama's Constitutional Eligibility To Be President Is Irrelevant - 4/20/11

Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Well, excuse me! It's up to the one posting the info to supply the link. Plus the administrator has concluded that saying google is your friend is a violation of the TOS.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/8550753-post2.html

Quote:
Who said that? The vital statistics are obviously more than the COLB abstract. The bureau of vital statistics in each state keeps that more complete information, but it is not deemed necessary to provide all of the information they have in order to certify that a person was born in that state to those parents on that date. They simply pull the pertinent bits of information to put on the certificate.
I don't think a lot of these birthers have ever seen a long form, have no idea what it contains. How much education the parents had at the time of the birth; what month the mother started pre-natal care; how many prenatal visits she had; complications of pregnancy, labor, delivery, etc.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Mr. Ludwig's SS used to be 042-68-4425, which is the same as the one Obama has...or had, that was issued to a CT resident. Obviously Obama had Mr. Ludwig's SS number changed from 042-68-4425 to [what is now] 045-26-8722 to help hide his corrupt and highly unusual past.
Used to be? Prove it, bud! You don't much like links, do you? Pesky little things. And don't give me this "google is your friend" business again.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Default Springs Man Claims To Have Obama's Draft Records

Springs Man Claims To Have Obama's Draft Records - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Retired Air Force Col. Gregory Hollister impersonated Obama with the Selective Service and managed to get a card with President Obama’s Selective Service information on it, a blogger posted on gratewire.com last week.

Hollister said the Social Security number on what he says is Obama’s draft registration begins with the numbers 042, which would be issued to someone born in Connecticut, not Hawaii.

Hollister told the Gazette that according to the Social Security Administration, that number was never issued, but that's the same Social Security number that appears on Obama's Selective Service documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.