Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No reason BO would have a selective service record since he would have been too young to be drafted before the draft was abolished.
He had a selective service record. You tell me why?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:59 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
No reason BO would have a selective service record since he would have been too young to be drafted before the draft was abolished.
Registration is still required.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
I think he supposedly registered voluntarily when he was 19.

The only thing that I find odd about the whole
birther thing, is why doesn't Obama have any
document dated pre 2007. It just seems odd
to me.

I find this even odder

YouTube - Obama's Plan for The Draft- MANDATORY SERVICE everyone 18-25

Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I would check with the story, the main point is that is wasn't from Hawaii.
So what?

Messy handwriting in the registration form?
96814 = Honolulu zip
06814 = Connecticut Zip

Look at the top row of your keyboard. What numbers are next to each other?

Maybe the person who entered his information typed a 0 instead of a 9.

Again from the SSA:

The SSN Numbering Scheme

Quote:
[SIZE=2]Note: One should not make too much of the "geographical code." It is not meant to be any kind of useable geographical information. The numbering scheme was designed in 1936 (before computers) to make it easier for SSA to store the applications in our files in Baltimore since the files were organized by regions as well as alphabetically. It was really just a bookkeeping device for our own internal use and was never intended to be anything more than that.[/SIZE]
Quote:
Also if the story is accurate, yeah the number was not valid and would have to mean anyone using such a number could be charged with fraud.
A big "IF" - everything else is speculation.

Quote:
Yeah, he's not shown his passport and tied up all his past school records as well.
Not true, he has shown his passport.

White House offers glimpse of President Obama's passport; document shows birthplace as Hawaii - New York Daily News

Quote:
A close-up of the passport reveals only a few bits of information about the President, but they are specific to the question of where and when he was born.

The document shows that his nationality is "United States of America," that he was born on August 4, 1961 and that his "Place of Birth" was Hawaii, U.S.A.

In order to obtain a passport, an American must provide a "certified birth certificate issued by the city, country or state," according to the State Department website. This would suggest that President Obama would have had to show documentation proving when and where he was born in order to obtain the U.S. passport.
His school records are protected by the same laws that protect yours. Do you want Joe Schmoe to know what grades you earned in High School? Whether or not you had disciplinary actions?

Quote:
He also along with his wife gave up their law licenses I hear.
And why would he need a law license while being the PResident of the United States? What good does it do him or his wife (who hasn't renewed hers in YEARS)

It's not like he can't go back and renew it after he is President.

Quote:
I don't know why either, but this is a story of tis guy with Obama's draft information.
A guy who illegally accessed that information, trying to claim that HE was Barack Obama (those records are only supposed to be viewable by the people it BELONGS to. Hollister isn't Barack Obama) and the other database, tried to claim that he employed Barack Obama.

Nice that you trust criminals

Old 04-23-2011, 01:32 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
"Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes."

Looks like they have issues with some of the short-form BCs too.

Thanks for the link.
Not all states meets the requirements stated on the U.,S State dept website with their abstract form. However, Hawaii does (and in fact Hawaii ONLY issues the short-abstract forms. Go through the requirements on the State Dept website, notice how EVERY requirement listed under the birth certificate requirements is found on Obama's birth certificate.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So what?

Messy handwriting in the registration form?
96814 = Honolulu zip
06814 = Connecticut Zip
I don't know when you were born, but I was born
in the 60's, still a time, when left handed (and I'm
left handed) were forced to write with a right hand slant -
we actually had to compensate = having better
penmanship, than our right hand counterparts

I think the 96, 06 is a stretch. These are
easy documents to present by anyone born in the
'60's. And that is why most of us have them kept in our
personal record - why - because we didn't have
computers

Old 04-23-2011, 01:37 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You can't have it both ways! We say - Let's see it. There are tens of millions of Americans that have very serious doubt of Obama's eligibility to be POTUS. It would be so damn easy for Obama to say; "Hey, I understand the doubt...and I will do this so the doubt will be removed. I will request that HI send me a certified copy of my Long-Form birth certificate and I'll have the FBI confirm that it's legit and have the DoJ post it on the Internet for anyone to see." Inside 24 hours he could have it done...

But, oh no - instead he spends millions of dollars to hide it. It's truly amazing that some of you people are so stupid in not even remotely questioning why he refuses to reveal his past. Amazing. You simply cannot be taken seriously.
1. Hawaii does NOT release a state certified copy of ANY birth certificate. Several other states are that way as well (here in NY for starters)

2. He has not spend millions of $$ to hide it, yet more lies. EVERY President has legal fees, its just birther stupidity to suggest all of his legal fees go to birther idiocy.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't know when you were born, but I was born
in the 60's, still a time, when left handed (and I'm
left handed) were forced to write with a right hand slant -
we actually had to compensate = having better
penmanship, than our right hand counterparts
My dad is the same age as Obama, and he was not forced to write with his right hand. He's left handed.

Quote:
I think the 96, 06 is a stretch. These are
easy documents to present by anyone born in the
'60's.
Actually it isn't a "stretch"

Most of the forms back then were filled out by hand and mailed in. If Obama had less than perfect handwriting, and wrote his "9" that could be easily mistaken for a "0" instead, it isn't a big leap to believe that a 0 was entered as the zip code.

OR

The person who was typing up all of this information entered it as a 0 instead of 9 and Obama had nothing to do with.

Just now, I hit "0" instead of "'9" while typing this post, several times.

Quote:
And that is why most of us have them kept in our
personal record - why - because we didn't have
computers
I dont have my original COLB, because my parents lost the records. So I could only do what any normal person does, when they need a record from the Government; go to the agency that archives these types of records and request a copy.

Obama last saw his birth certificate (according to him, but we can't confirm) amongst his mother's possessions when he was in high school. He hadn't seen it since then. IT's not hard to believe that the certificate was lost during the 30+ years since he's been away from Hawaii.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:56 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Say what you want, something just not adding up with Obama, cut it how you may, i don't care, something about him go's against my grain.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:09 AM

306 posts, read 355,305 times
OMG! It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

Crazy Birther Nonsense X Infinity!

This is Fabulous!

Go Birthers Go! Go Birthers Go! Go Birthers Go!

Dems are gonna win 2012! Yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.