Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
But not all of the info required on application form DS-11 are listed on Obama's COLB. This is true of other states' short form COLBs, as well. Hence, the State Dept's warning that some short form birth record abstracts are not acceptable.
You mean that it asks for where the parents are born?? Just because it asks where your parents are born does not mean you need the information on your birth certificate. My birth certificate which is a certified copy from New York does not state where my parents were born, and they were both born in Queens.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Obama never showed a birth certificate, he showed only a COLB.
Which IS a birth certificate.......

Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,150 times
Quote:
From the State Dept:First Time Applicants

Also note that application form DS-11 requires the birthplaces of the applicant's parents.
Here is the DS-11 form. Please point out where on this form that it states that any birth certificate requires the birthplaces of the applicant's parents.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79955.pdf

Also, why didn't you include the full quote from the State Department's site?

Quote:
*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant's parent(s). For more information, please see New Requirement for all U.S. Birth Certificates.

Note that starting two weeks ago birth certificates only require the name of the applicant's parents. Don't you think that if they also required their birth place they would have said so?

Quote:
Obama never showed a birth certificate, he showed only a COLB.

A COLB is a birth certificate, the only form that Hawaii has provided for many years now.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You mean that it asks for where the parents are born??
Yes.
Quote:
Just because it asks where your parents are born does not mean you need the information on your birth certificate.
Hmmm... Does that 'logic' apply to the other info required on the DS-11, as well? For example, just because it asks for the applicant's place of birth does not mean you need the info on your birth certificate? Think your reasoning will fly with the State Dept?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Yes.Hmmm... Does that 'logic' apply to the other info required on the DS-11, as well? For example, just because it asks for the applicant's place of birth does not mean you need the info on your birth certificate? Think your reasoning will fly with the State Dept?
Yes it would fly with the state dept because they release the exact information they require to be on your birth certificate, and where parents were born is not listed now is it?? In fact everything that is on the State Dept's website under birth certificate requirements is on Obama's birth certificate isn't it??

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
A COLB is a birth certificate
No it isn't. If it were, that document wouldn't have a different name.

Quote:
the only form that Hawaii has provided for many years now.
Patently false, and illegal, to boot. I've already quoted the Hawaiian state law, verbatim.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I don't know what to make of the whole argument... certificate of live birth vs. birth certificate, etc, etc... But I do have one honest to goodness question that I hope someone can answer for me....

The picture of his Certificate of Live Birth says "Barrack Obama II" on it. We all know he changed his name to Barrack later in life. So shouldn't his birth certificate say "Barry" or whatever his birth name was?

If I changed my name, my birth certificate (at least an original) would still say "Mark" on in it, right?

Does anyone know what the story is with this?
Gee I just don't know...here in Florida for a drivers license and/or state ID.....you need FOUR types of identification.....

One is a birth certificate....original social security card......etc...I assume you went through similar "hoops" to get your ID or driver's license.

Guess what, so did Obama....GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Patently false, and illegal, to boot. I've already quoted the Hawaiian state law, verbatim.
Different name doesn't mean anything. Under the law its the same

You have quoted the Hawaii state law, but you have made stuff up about the law. The law means if a birth record or death record, etc is requested they have to provide it, it doesn't mean the person making the request gets to choose the type of birth certificate or type of death certificate, etc. It simply means the state needs to supply a certified copy.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,150 times
Quote:
So why did the Director of the Department of Health testify that Obama had put a certified copy of his birth certificate on his website?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes it would fly with the state dept because they release the exact information they require to be on your birth certificate, and where parents were born is not listed now is it??
Then why is it required on form DS-11?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies