Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 03:36 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,529,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The Donald will come out of this smelling like the putz that he is....
trump will come thru this just fine. if any flack gets thrown his way he can always just chalk things up to bad information from his "investigators" ( this is just straight-up speculation but seeing as trump has done nothing more then ape existing birther talking points i seriously doubt there are any investigators ).

if trump does attend the RNC i'll be curious to see if he has any interaction with linda lingle. he's basically been calling her a liar.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,494,489 times
I'll agree that Trump has big cajones. He could have been something if the banksters didn't throw the country into a recession every few years.

.....flees the scene

Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
My son was born in a foreign country and has a "certificate of birth of a US Citizen abroad" because I, his father, am a US citizen. He was a US citizen from birth, but is not eligible to be president because he was not born inside the United States. On the other hand, an illegal alien's child born in the United States is eligible to be president. Illogical perhaps, but law.
We have discussed this before. You are wrong about your son, depsite your protestations to the contrary. There have been several other presidential candidates who were born abroad, to US citizens, e.g. George Romney, Lowell Weicker, and I believe some others. Your son is eligible to be POTUS. Please sleep well tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
that's getting OT now -- It has nothing to do with the Founding Fathers. Whether they were or not is discussed in another thread.

The poster was claiming that Obama was raised in a Christian home. I merely corrected that.
Like heck that is "merely" what you were doing. Here is your post. You were "merely" implying that Obama's family is corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No excuse for patterns of lying for expediency. This is the family he grew up in. By the way, his grandparents rejected Christianity and became Unitarians. That may be why Obama is considered OK by Muslims.
I for one am sick of these slams on Obama's dead family members, who cannot defend themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
If my birth certificate has nothing to hide, I believe that I would just show it and make everybody shut up.
Yeah, well, that's what Obama did. And you see how it made everyone shut up, not.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,498,719 times
Arizona lawmakers OK requiring proof of citizenship to run for president

Old 04-15-2011, 08:42 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,178,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Arizona lawmakers OK requiring proof of citizenship to run for president
Good for Arizona. And this has what relevance to this issue?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:43 AM

So what are they going to accept as proof? Are they going to ask for every candidate's baptism certificate, school records, parents' marriage and divorce records, law firm clients list(that one particularly slays me as it's a confidentiality issue), schedules of daily activites for 12 years, etc? Or is that just reserved for a few select cases?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,566,574 times
Well this is a win for trump, worst case he gets even more publicity and heightens his celebrity status. The best case (for him) is that he actually might become the Republican candidate.

I can never forget though on Leno when he said he treats his wives (paraphrasing) as "lease agreements". He'd rather lease a woman for a period of time and then trade up after a few years. But hey, if he can punch China in the nose then who cares?

Donald and Lex Luthor have so much in common (although Donald toupee is much better)

Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,003,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So what are they going to accept as proof? Are they going to ask for every candidate's baptism certificate, school records, parents' marriage and divorce records, law firm clients list(that one particularly slays me as it's a confidentiality issue), schedules of daily activites for 12 years, etc? Or is that just reserved for a few select cases?
Give it up Kat, Birthers are dead from the neck up, and that includes the new darling of the right Donald the Trumpster and his ugly head pet. I love it that Trump has aquired the common foot in mouth virus that runs amuk amoung righties these days. The more he talks the more people realize the man is an idiot and not Presidential material in any way, shape or form. He will do as all righties do once he realizes too late that he should have stopped talking at some point way way back, he will blame the media that reported his words, personal responsiblity is something the right only expects of others while they themselves blame everyone else for their own failings.
Casper

Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,407,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually you'll never believe what they'll accept as proof. From the bill:

Quote:
B. THE AFFIDAVIT PRESCRIBED IN SUBSECTION A SHALL INCLUDE REFERENCES TO AND ATTACHMENT OF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, WHICH SHALL BE SWORN TO UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY:

1. A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE'S LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE THAT INCLUDES AT LEAST THE DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH, THE NAMES OF THE HOSPITAL AND THE ATTENDING PHYSICIAN, IF APPLICABLE, AND SIGNATURES OF ANY WITNESSES IN ATTENDANCE. IF THE CANDIDATE DOES NOT POSSESS A LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE AS REQUIRED BY THIS PARAGRAPH, THE CANDIDATE MAY ATTACH TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS THAT SHALL TAKE THE PLACE OF THE LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE IF THE CANDIDATE SWEARS TO THEIR AUTHENTICITY AND VALIDITY AND THE DOCUMENTS CONTAIN ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE TO DETERMINE IF THE CANDIDATE MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS PRESCRIBED IN ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES:

(a) EARLY BAPTISMAL OR CIRCUMCISION CERTIFICATE.
(b) HOSPITAL BIRTH RECORD.
(c) POSTPARTUM MEDICAL RECORD FOR THE MOTHER OR CHILD SIGNED BY THE DOCTOR OR MIDWIFE OR THE PERSON WHO DELIVERED OR EXAMINED THE CHILD AFTER BIRTH.
(d) EARLY CENSUS RECORD.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM

What a joke! A circumcision record is more believeable than a short form BC? We do circs in our office, and we do not give out certificates for same! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Not to mention, these bozos have NO idea what is on a long form BC. You may get the physician's signature, but the nurses, aides, ansethesiologists and random "witnesses" do not sign BCs. The only one who signs it is the birth attendant. No one will be able to fulfil these requirements. This law is destined for the trash can and/or the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies