Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
There's a difference between "Even if Obama was born in Kenya" and "Obama was born in Kenya, so what," that you're just not getting here.
Seems you didn't read the ad.

It says:
Quote:
"In the case of the Current US President, Barack Obama: Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the
other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with
military and diplomatic service included in this time)"
But they get the U.S. citizenship law at the time of Obama's birth wrong.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seems you didn't read the ad.
That in no way is them saying "Obama was not born in Hawaii," that's them saying 'even if he was, it doesn't matter."

Quote:
But they get the U.S. citizenship law at the time of Obama's birth wrong.
I love that you think the residency requirement was drafted as some sort of legal trap for mothers under the age of 19, and not to address American citizens who spend the majority of their adult life abroad. The provision you're referring to is about Americans living abroad, not those merely visiting a foreign country.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna L. Schoening View Post
Hawaii government officials are desperately trying to give Obama an excuse for not disclosing his long-form birth certificate for the past 2+ years.
And we appreciate the efforts of the former Republican governor and her appointed officials.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
That in no way is them saying "Obama was not born in Hawaii," that's them saying 'even if he was, it doesn't matter."
It doesn't say 'even if.'

It says, "In the case of the Current U.S. President, Barack Obama."

Quote:
The provision you're referring to is about Americans living abroad, not those merely visiting a foreign country.
No, the law specifically addresses birth abroad, period. There is no language in INA Section 301 that makes exceptions for travelers. There have been changes in the law throughout the years. The law in effect at the time of Obama's birth would apply. The State Dept can clear up your misunderstanding.
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It doesn't say 'even if.'

It says, "In the case of the Current U.S. President, Barack Obama."
How about you try to get in contact with them and just ask then? Do you think that NEPA knows something that the rest of the country doesn't?

When Jon Stewart replies to Donald Trump with "his mother was American!" do you think he's saying that he believes Obama was born abroad?

Quote:
No, the law specifically addresses birth abroad, period. There is no language in INA Section 301 that makes exceptions for travelers. There have been changes in the law throughout the years. The law in effect at the time of Obama's birth would apply. The State Dept can clear up your misunderstanding.
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad
You may be right on this question of the law at the time. I'll concede - it is possible that a teenage mother might fall through this legal loophole that was in place at the time.

I've asked you this question several times, but never gotten anywhere close to a decent answer. Since you seem to believe that Obama was born in Kenya, please tell us exactly how you believe all this happened. When did Ann Dunham leave Hawaii, her family and friends, for Kenya? Why didn't she tell anybody she was leaving? Where in Kenya was Obama born then? Why would the grandparents commit all this fraud when it's not hard to get a child of an American citizen naturalized?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
How about you try to get in contact with them and just ask then? Do you think that NEPA knows something that the rest of the country doesn't?

When Jon Stewart replies to Donald Trump with "his mother was American!" do you think he's saying that he believes Obama was born abroad?

You may be right on this question of the law at the time. I'll concede - it is possible that a teenage mother might fall through this legal loophole that was in place at the time.

I've asked you this question several times, but never gotten anywhere close to a decent answer. Since you seem to believe that Obama was born in Kenya, please tell us exactly how you believe all this happened. When did Ann Dunham leave Hawaii, her family and friends, for Kenya? Why didn't she tell anybody she was leaving? Where in Kenya was Obama born then? Why would the grandparents commit all this fraud when it's not hard to get a child of an American citizen naturalized?
It takes time to write good fiction. It will be while before you get a reply to your questions.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:55 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
How about you try to get in contact with them and just ask then?
i've actually done just that. i've yet to get a response ( i only last night left a message ) but if they come back with new never before revealed information that points to obama's birth outside the US i'll be sure to post it here.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've actually done just that. i've yet to get a response ( i only last night left a message ) but if they come back with new never before revealed information that points to obama's birth outside the US i'll be sure to post it here.
And if they don't will you post that as well?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
And if they don't will you post that as well?
yep.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Only 26 per cent of Iowa Republicans believe Obama was born in U.S.

And...some people think the [so-called] birthers are small in number? Tens of MILLIONS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies