Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,444,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Let him off the hook? Hardly. Kindly don't read that into my postings.

My point, yet again, is that Sarah Palin and her ilk are contributing to a culture of violence. They know, as people of national prominence, that their political metaphors are likely to be taken out of context by those on the fringe. They are intentionally being divisive for nothing more than personal political gain.

Your last sentence is nothign short of ridiculous. In the first place, I have not made a practise of advocating implied violence the way that Mrs. Palin has done in several instances.

Palin is capitaliziing on the divisiveness that's occuring in this country, she's playing to it and raking in the bucks while doing so.

I have a lifelong history with the state of Alaska. Most of us caught onto her a long time ago. You lower 48ers see nothing beyond what Fox News et al wants you to see. I can't wait for the day when she leaves the state for good.

Neither you or any of the other Palin bashers have yet to provide one shred of evidence that this kid even knew who Palin was. To make assumptions that put the blame on Palin is just that ASSumptions.

I guess you missed post 463 hmmmmm? Where is your contempt for the left wing Daily Kos

Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 PM

21,638 posts, read 31,257,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well, did you read what I was responding to? The other poster was saying killing (or "evil") is never "necessary." I used WWII to make the point that sometimes killing is necessary. Pretty simple.
Fair enough, didn't read the quote.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,006,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Neither you or any of the other Palin bashers have yet to provide one shred of evidence that this kid even knew who Palin was. To make assumptions that put the blame on Palin is just that ASSumptions.
I think the point is she is a menace to society. It only takes one person to be exposed to her wacked out stuff and then we have what we got today.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
People making this political are just disgusting. The fact is the guy is a nut.

Man linked to Giffords shooting rampage called 'very disturbed'

"A former classmate of Loughner at Pima Community College said he was "obviously very disturbed."
""He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts," said Lynda Sorenson, who took a math class with Loughner last summer at Pima Community College's Northwest campus.
Sorenson doesn't recall if he ever made any threats or uttered political statements but he was very disruptive, she said. He was asked to leave the pre-algebra class several times and eventually was barred from class, said Sorenson, a Tucson resident.""

Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Caitie Parker (caitieparker) on Twitter

Plus, from his video you know he was an atheist, burned the flag, and listed the communist manifesto as one of his favorite books on his myspace account.

Looks like was psychotic, but he was a lefty.
He also dug ayn rand ... Lefty?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,786,571 times
So now they think he had a partner

Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,444,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I think the point is she is a menace to society. It only takes one person to be exposed to her wacked out stuff and then we have what we got today.
That is YOUR opinion. I think Michael Moore is a menace to society and says outlandish stuff does that mean I can blame him for things he had nothing to do with?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,006,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
People making this political are just disgusting. The fact is the guy is a nut.

Man linked to Giffords shooting rampage called 'very disturbed'

"A former classmate of Loughner at Pima Community College said he was "obviously very disturbed."
""He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts," said Lynda Sorenson, who took a math class with Loughner last summer at Pima Community College's Northwest campus.
Sorenson doesn't recall if he ever made any threats or uttered political statements but he was very disruptive, she said. He was asked to leave the pre-algebra class several times and eventually was barred from class, said Sorenson, a Tucson resident.""
Yes, he is a nut - a nut who resides in a state of right wingers and guns. That alone should tell you something. She is a democrat. Just why do you think she was the target?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,508,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
He also dug ayn rand ... Lefty?
He was an atheist, and there's a strong connection between atheism and ayn, (who was an atheist.)

Old 01-08-2011, 07:38 PM

401 posts, read 474,072 times
Again, we should be asking how this guy was able to be able to shoot so many people without any intervention from local or federal law enforcement. He had to be tackled by two bystanders. That is absurd....is that sufficient protection for our public officials????

Lets focus on preventing this from happening again. Ask some serious questions and stop bickering.

As for the gun control thing. I bet if a good standing citizen was in the crowd and had a pistol, this nut would have been stopped sooner. This is a prime example of why you cannot count on law enforcement to keep you safe. I take that responsibility onto myself and so should the rest of our US citizens. Better to be safe than sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies