Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,835,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
He also dug ayn rand ... Lefty?
One of his favorite books was the Communist Manifesto. It sounds to me like he wasn't a political person. Instead he used politics as a vehicle to express his mental illness. Why wasn't he locked up either in a mental hospital or prison? He had a criminal backround. I have long said that (contrary to conventional wisdom) America does not lock up enough of her citizens. Our prison population should be at least 2X of what it is now. There are way too many dangerous people out there with criminal records like this killer had.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,786,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The suspect is not a veteran.

He tried to join the Army in Phoenix, but his application was rejected.

I suspect he was rejected for being nuts.............

Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM

587 posts, read 1,468,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Stay on topic, folks. The topic is NOT Palin or anything other than the Congresswoman and the lunatic that shot her and others today. Further attempts to speculate on the motives of the shooter, hate filled rhetoric or trolling may result in this thread being closed.
Makes no sense. How can you stop people from speculating? Until he talks to LE or until they discover more, that's all people will do. Of course if the speculation goes against certain peoples political leanings, it may annoy said person.

This whole political forum is filled with speculation and hate filled rhetoric, so why single out palin???

Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,892,484 times
The killer is neither left nor right; he's just a psycho. I'm sure he doesn't even know what he is.

God be with Congresswoman Gifford and all the other people who have been injured, and may the families of the murdered be somehow comforted.

It's just all so horrible.

I'm appalled that people on the left are trying to blame Fox News or Sarah Palin. Please. A psycho can twist anyone's words. Next time, they might be twisting the words of Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow or whoever else the left admires.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,570,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. Many families started the day a saturday with plans of enjoying the break from work, to have some fun. Instead they found a nightmare come true.
A congress woman has been shot. Agree or disagree with her politics she did nothing to deserve what happened. No one did.
So true.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,613,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It looks like the left is trying exploit this tragedy to score political points and to chill the speech of those with which they disagree.
Actually its the other way around, I see the right trying to exploit this by calling him a leftist. Actually both sides have been exploiting this.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,891,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It looks like the left is trying exploit this tragedy to score political points and to chill the speech of those with which they disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It is going to backfire on them big time. It is naked exploitation of a tragedy. What is it Rham Emanuel said? Don't let a good crisis be wasted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And the Communist Manifesto....a video on burning the US flag was his favorite.....Righty?
And we wonder why these type of things happen? Well, perhaps we shouldn't wonder, as it seems to be so easy to revert to character.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,549,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually its the other way around, I see the right trying to exploit this by calling him a leftist. Actually both sides have been exploiting this.
Only when the lefties try to paint him as a righty.

For myself, I think he's just insane. Neither left nor right. I doubt he even really knows what left and right are.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,904,407 times
Quote:
Actually its the other way around, I see the right trying to exploit this by calling him a leftist.
You do not see very well then,I believe the third reply was blaming the right for this....Padcrasher posted it.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,515,003 times
Quote:
Actually its the other way around, I see the right trying to exploit this by calling him a leftist.
We make sure to note he was a leftest to defend against the "Palin made him do it" argument.

And I have no love for Palin, but that's the exploitation the left is engaged in. They are unwilling to admit it was just one poor psychotic boy.

(If there was anything for the left to be up-in-arms about, its the way we neglect the mentally ill in our country, which actually WAS a cause of the incident.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies