Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 07:22 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The killer in this case leans left if he leans in any particular direction...sorry to ruin your fantasy.
Does he? I've been looking for a political affiliation for the suspect and I couldn't find one. Do you have a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Really? I hate to use the worn out card, but, was it unnecessary to fight the Nazis in WWII? That left people dead, killed, to stop a greater evil from winning.
Whoa really? You're comparing a massacre of innocent people to wartime in the 1940s when it was necessary to stop Nazis from killing more than 6 million Jews? Really?

7,525 posts, read 16,978,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
there is NOTHING worse than death.
Yes, there is

11,155 posts, read 15,702,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The killer in this case leans left if he leans in any particular direction...sorry to ruin your fantasy.
That's not true. I don't know why people keep saying that. He's kind of all over the political map and incoherent, but has no shortage of conservative stances mixed in with paranoia.

7,810 posts, read 6,388,633 times
Whoops.

http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/screen-shot-2011-01-08-at-3-05-33-pm.png (broken link)

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation -- if it's not YOUR picture, please don't post it.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Does he? I've been looking for a political affiliation for the suspect and I couldn't find one. Do you have a link?
According to people that knew him,to his videos,to his ramblings.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
So let me understand this. A person posts something on a website that means "A" but some loon takes it to mean "B" and that person is some how at fault?

This makes sense to you? Sorry but I chose to blame who is really at fault and look for an excuse to let him off the hook.

What if someone reads your posts on here and takes it the wrong way and kills someone should we blame you?
Let him off the hook? Hardly. Kindly don't read that into my postings.

My point, yet again, is that Sarah Palin and her ilk are contributing to a culture of violence. They know, as people of national prominence, that their political metaphors are likely to be taken out of context by those on the fringe. They are intentionally being divisive for nothing more than personal political gain.

Your last sentence is nothign short of ridiculous. In the first place, I have not made a practise of advocating implied violence the way that Mrs. Palin has done in several instances.

Palin is capitaliziing on the divisiveness that's occuring in this country, she's playing to it and raking in the bucks while doing so.

I have a lifelong history with the state of Alaska. Most of us caught onto her a long time ago. You lower 48ers see nothing beyond what Fox News et al wants you to see. I can't wait for the day when she leaves the state for good.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Whoops.
Hmmm.....

Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Caitie Parker (caitieparker) on Twitter

Plus, from his video you know he was an atheist, burned the flag, and listed the communist manifesto as one of his favorite books on his myspace account.

Looks like was psychotic, but he was a lefty.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

My point, yet again, is that Sarah Palin and her ilk are contributing to a culture of violence. They know, as people of national prominence, that their political metaphors are likely to be taken out of context by those on the fringe. They are intentionally being divisive for nothing more than personal political gain.

Your last sentence is nothign short of ridiculous. In the first place, I have not made a practise of advocating implied violence the way that Mrs. Palin has done in several instances.

Palin is capitaliziing on the divisiveness that's occuring in this country, she's playing to it and raking in the bucks while doing so.

I have a lifelong history with the state of Alaska. Most of us caught onto her a long time ago. You lower 48ers see nothing beyond what Fox News et al wants you to see. I can't wait for the day when she leaves the state for good.

Since he was a leftwinger, he was very unlikely to have listend Sarah Palin.

Will you feel the same way if you found out he was listen to olberman's hate?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,996,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

No, there are PLENTY of us (on the left) who see her for exactly what she is.

I thought her "statement" was just pathetic today. Even John McCain did a better job and he was in no way responsible for this tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies