Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 04:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You said originally " the gay guy gets a gift from his girlfriend" . I read that and so did others. Try and back track on that again.
I saw it and assumed it was a typo. We all make mistakes occasionally when we're typing quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I saw it and assumed it was a typo. We all make mistakes occasionally when we're typing quickly.

Exactly. I didn't think it was that tough to suss out what he really meant.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:15 PM

563 posts, read 519,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Just because we have other problems to deal with, doesn't mean we don't deal with discrimination..

And again its not about being a soapbox or being broadcast. Its about not getting kicked out. Why should a gay person have to lie about who sent a gift when a straight person can tell the truth?
Once again for the cheap seats, there is a soapbox for some. We deal with descrimination everyday. There are much much much more pressing problems right now that need quick solutions and one of them is not DADT.

Who cares about gifts? So, if they get a gift, they can say they got it from a friend. Oh, wait, they need that soapbox?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:19 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,122,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You are using your bible to dictate the morality of an individuals sexual orientation. Keep your bible and your morality out of others lives and out of the laws. I guess you forgot that it was a moral issue for a black to marry a white or vice versa. Is it not also immoral to lie and that is what you would prefer gays and lesbians do about their sexuality, lie about it. The mormon church till the 70's treated blacks as if they were 7/8's human and got away with it. It is about hate when one uses their morals to deny people their rights.
This argument again? Really?

Most people do not regard Mormonism as the way to the Lord. Who cares what they thought about blacks? They are arguably a fringe group.

Since when was it a moral issue for black and whites to intermingle? That was about hate, probably, not about morals. Although I wasn't alive at the time, I see nothing but hatred in the exclusion of blacks, nothing about morality.

Gays and lesbians have a choice to not be gay, or be gay. They don't have to lie but they should not wear it on their sleeve, it should not be the first thing they identify themselves as. First and foremost, they are [insert name here], then they are American.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,122,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Those social conservatives are a very scared and insecure bunch. They truly believe that giving everyone equal rights is going to take something away from them. Actually, I guess it will: It'll take away their right to legally discriminate against a minority that they don't like.
Again, it's not about like or dislike in regard to the person. Why is this such a hard concept to understand?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:28 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,967,337 times
And why is it such a hard concept for you to grasp andrea3821 that gays and lesbians do not choose their sexuality. When did you choose to be straight?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,990,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
No not all our laws come from Holy Scriptures. Morality exists outside the Bible
Didn't say all.

Quote:
Which courts? I want to let the ACLU know because they have no business hanging in a U.S. courtroom/courthouse. The U.S. is NOT a Christian nation and for the courts to show such blatant discimination against other religions should not be tolerated.
The Ten Commandments and the Supreme Court
Quote:
We have freedom of religion in the U.S., that includes freedom FROM religion.
no disagreement, though it isn't wise to deny one's heavenly heritage and embrace only the worldly.
Quote:
Prayers given are not completely Christian; other faith backgrounds are invited to lead prayers as well.
agreement #2
Quote:
No the book is God's laws. Our laws come from various codes passed by Congress and various state legislatures. When the U.S. becomes a theocracy then God's laws will be our laws, until that time they are separate.
God doesn't need the laws. He transcends law. The law is actually a lower estate. Before the law, we lived under the promises. The law was given because man squandered God's promise.
Quote:
Irony Alert!! Irony Alert!!
Truth is not bias, it just IS

Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Gays and lesbians have a choice to not be gay, or be gay.
Anyone who believes this is just ignorant.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:50 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,282,757 times
I think the military has bigger problems than homosexuals, especially if you wan't to argure about "morals". Drug use can be pretty rampant I hear.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,990,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think the military has bigger problems than homosexuals, especially if you wan't to argure about "morals". Drug use can be pretty rampant I hear.
Yes and murder etc.... but adding any additional burdens puts those that serve at risk. Wouldn't you agree, that the military doesn't need 1 more thing to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies