Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,887,628 times

Advertisements

It's come to my attention that I'm what liberals and progressives fear most.

I'm a married white conservative Tea Party supporter, I don't really like Democrats or Republicans but 95% of the time I side with Republicans because they tend to be more conservative.

I'm 100% in support of gay marriage, civil unions, whatever gay people want. It doesn't affect me in any way, let them be happy if they want.

I'm very much pro-workers rights therefore I'm anti-labor union since all they do these days is collect dues and spread corruption.

I'm 100% in support of repealing DADT now, there's no reason why a gay person shouldn't be able to openly serve his/her country.

I'm pro-life but I fully support a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In my honest opinion, any woman who's willing to abort her child shouldn't be forced to raise one and probably wouldn't do a very good job of it anyway so save us all some trouble down the road.

I 100% support cutting our military spending budget by 25% across the board.

I 100% support ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not just renaming them while leaving thousands of our troops to fight and die in a war under a different name. I also support closing down military bases all over the world and bringing those troops home to protect our border instead of South Korea's.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why liberal progressives fear me but these are the few that came to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM

I don't want to eliminate Social Security, I just want to make sure that it's still around when I'm old enough to collect since I've been forced to pay in for 20 years now.

I don't want to eliminate Medicare, I just want it run better and more efficiently.

I love the idea of real Health-care reform, I hate the bill that the Democrats forced through congress.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM

I don't dislike or hate Obama because he's black, I do not support his political ideas nor do I support his views on where America should be heading right now.

I don't hate anyone based on skin color, I do despise people who make it a life long goal to live on government assistance.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,485,309 times
You are not a conservative. You are a moderate Republican. I'm a moderate, pro-life, progressive-leaning independent, and I have no problem with you.

Still, out of curiosity, I have to ask: why do you support the Tea Party? You don't seem like you fit in with that movement at all.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Very rarely do I watch cable news but when I do it's usually not Fox News. I don't in any way believe Fox News is fair and balanced but I'm also well aware that no news outlet is fair and balanced so I don't really care.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:09 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,397,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's come to my attention that I'm what liberals and progressives fear most.

I'm a married white conservative Tea Party supporter, I don't really like Democrats or Republicans but 95% of the time I side with Republicans because they tend to be more conservative.

I'm 100% in support of gay marriage, civil unions, whatever gay people want. It doesn't affect me in any way, let them be happy if they want.

I'm very much pro-workers rights therefore I'm anti-labor union since all they do these days is collect dues and spread corruption.

I'm 100% in support of repealing DADT now, there's no reason why a gay person shouldn't be able to openly serve his/her country.

I'm pro-life but I fully support a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In my honest opinion, any woman who's willing to abort her child shouldn't be forced to raise one and probably wouldn't do a very good job of it anyway so save us all some trouble down the road.

I 100% support cutting our military spending budget by 25% across the board.

I 100% support ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not just renaming them while leaving thousands of our troops to fight and die in a war under a different name. I also support closing down military bases all over the world and bringing those troops home to protect our border instead of South Korea's.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why liberal progressives fear me but these are the few that came to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't want to eliminate Social Security, I just want to make sure that it's still around when I'm old enough to collect since I've been forced to pay in for 20 years now.

I don't want to eliminate Medicare, I just want it run better and more efficiently.

I love the idea of real Health-care reform, I hate the bill that the Democrats forced through congress.
Oh my gosh... I pretty much agree with you and I think most on this board consider me liberal.

The only thing I don't agree with is the union statement. I support unions in the private sector but I have to admit that I'm beginning to question unions in government as they contribute to people that they also negotiate with. That doesn't sound right to me. But private sector, I think unions are ok to balance out the negotiating power.

I know you disagree with that but hey... this liberal agrees with a lot of what you say.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
You are not a conservative. You are a moderate Republican. I'm a moderate, pro-life, progressive-leaning independent, and I have no problem with you.

Still, out of curiosity, I have to ask: why do you support the Tea Party? You don't seem like you fit in with that movement at all.
I'm not a Republican if you look at today's Republicans, maybe a few decades ago but not now. I'm for lowering spending and lowering our national debt. I didn't vote for Bush Sr or Jr in any election.

I support the Tea Party because based on my personal experiences it's a great group of people who welcome anyone who wants the United States to prosper. I haven't personally seen any of the extensive racism that many liberals claim floods the Tea Party, all I see are people of all colors and creeds who want to make this country a better place for themselves and their kids.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Oh my gosh... I pretty much agree with you and I think most on this board consider me liberal.

The only thing I don't agree with is the union statement. I support unions in the private sector but I have to admit that I'm beginning to question unions in government as they contribute to people that they also negotiate with. That doesn't sound right to me. But private sector, I think unions are ok to balance out the negotiating power.

I know you disagree with that but hey... this liberal agrees with a lot of what you say.
Well, I've never had anyone try to call me a liberal before but nothing would surprise me these days.

My dislike for labor unions really does stem from the corruption that I see daily while dealing with a few labor unions in the NE. I'm forced to hire their members on a regular basis and it has really opened my eyes to how harmful labor unions can be.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,638,546 times
^^^All I see here is narcissism.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,446,106 times
What I fear most are the people who walk around thinking I'm afraid of them...that's some creepy ish right there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies