Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:48 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,611,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Liberals have made it illegal to carry a personal protection weapon into polling places.
who would you have to protect yourself from in a polling center? and i mean other then other people with guns. leave it in your car, whats the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,904,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
who would you have to protect yourself from in a polling center? and i mean other then other people with guns. leave it in your car, whats the big deal?
Other than other people with guns/weapons who already don't follow laws? Nobody.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,701,733 times
Quote:
It's come to my attention that I'm what liberals and progressives fear most.

I'm a married white conservative Tea Party supporter, I don't really like Democrats or Republicans but 95% of the time I side with Republicans because they tend to be more conservative.

I'm 100% in support of gay marriage, civil unions, whatever gay people want. It doesn't affect me in any way, let them be happy if they want.

I'm very much pro-workers rights therefore I'm anti-labor union since all they do these days is collect dues and spread corruption.

I'm 100% in support of repealing DADT now, there's no reason why a gay person shouldn't be able to openly serve his/her country.

I'm pro-life but I fully support a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In my honest opinion, any woman who's willing to abort her child shouldn't be forced to raise one and probably wouldn't do a very good job of it anyway so save us all some trouble down the road.

I 100% support cutting our military spending budget by 25% across the board.

I 100% support ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not just renaming them while leaving thousands of our troops to fight and die in a war under a different name. I also support closing down military bases all over the world and bringing those troops home to protect our border instead of South Korea's.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why liberal progressives fear me but these are the few that came to mind.
Its come to my attention that I'm a conservatives biggest nightmare.

I really don't like either party but I side with liberals on most issues because they tend to be more liberal.

I'm for tax cuts for the rich. I support repealing ObamaCare. I want to see Obama defeated in 2012. I want an investigation of the Obama Administration.

I believe we should start a war with Iran and North Korea. I believe in deregulation for everything and everyone.

I don't believe in bi-partisan ship and I believe if conservatives attempt to work with liberals, they should be tried as traitors.

I don't believe DADT should be repealed.

I believe a political tent should consist of rich white men only. No exceptions.

I'm sure there's tons of other reasons conservatives fear me but these are just a few that come to mind.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM

37,228 posts, read 42,569,988 times
I don't have a problem with people like guns. My dad and bother have them, and had their license to buy/sell them for awhile too. I mean, you can hold them and they feel good in your hand, they make big loud BOOM noises (and we all know how people like that), you can collect them like Pokémon cards, etc.

But I do wonder about the folks who feel the need to have a gun on them 24/7 because they worry about someone trying to hurt them. Unless you live in a war zone, are a criminal, or have a contract out on you I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 PM

7,200 posts, read 4,822,399 times
Quote:

I'm a married white conservative Tea Party supporter, I don't really like Democrats or Republicans but 95% of the time I side with Republicans because they tend to be more conservative.

I'm 100% in support of gay marriage, civil unions, whatever gay people want. It doesn't affect me in any way, let them be happy if they want.

I'm very much pro-workers rights therefore I'm anti-labor union since all they do these days is collect dues and spread corruption.

I'm 100% in support of repealing DADT now, there's no reason why a gay person shouldn't be able to openly serve his/her country.

I'm pro-life but I fully support a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In my honest opinion, any woman who's willing to abort her child shouldn't be forced to raise one and probably wouldn't do a very good job of it anyway so save us all some trouble down the road.

I 100% support ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not just renaming them while leaving thousands of our troops to fight and die in a war under a different name. I also support closing down military bases all over the world and bringing those troops home to protect our border instead of South Korea's.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why liberal progressives fear me but these are the few that came to mind.
Well, I share a lot of your views esp. DADT, gay rights, choice, no more stupid, senseless wars, military spending.

Guess what, I'm an independent but a lot of people on C-D call me a liberal.

If you read the GOP's "Pledge to America", the Republicans should be scared of you and (according to their "pledge") you are not a Republican.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,904,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't have a problem with people like guns. My dad and bother have them, and had their license to buy/sell them for awhile too. I mean, you can hold them and they feel good in your hand, they make big loud BOOM noises (and we all know how people like that), you can collect them like Pokémon cards, etc.

But I do wonder about the folks who feel the need to have a gun on them 24/7 because they worry about someone trying to hurt them. Unless you live in a war zone, are a criminal, or have a contract out on you I wouldn't think that would be an issue.
And I respect your feelings on the subject, just don't try to force those feelings onto other people and we'll never try to force you to carry a gun all the time.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:35 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,559,745 times
Quote:
I would offer the possibility that most tea party members fear you more than most progressives.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:43 PM

250 posts, read 381,677 times
Quote:

I'm with you on almost everything you said and I refuse to describe myself as either Liberal or Conservative because neither adequately define me. I don't even like to call myself moderate or independent, instead I simply choose to call myself an American.

Both sides fear people like us, people who can think for themselves and don't need to vote any party line. We don't need an R or D next to a name to vote for it. I am an American and I think, don't tell me what I am or who I am, I'll tell you.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,551,497 times
I think you are seriously over-rating your "fear factor".

Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,551,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So....what's this thread about?
It's all about Backspace. We're supposed to be afraid of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies