Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,606,090 times

Advertisements

Why do you want to scare people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 PM

37,216 posts, read 42,497,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And I respect your feelings on the subject, just don't try to force those feelings onto other people and we'll never try to force you to carry a gun all the time.
I personally am not forcing anyone to do anything but I can't get a straight answer about why someone needs a gun everywhere they go. Is it a security blanket kind of thing?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 AM

465 posts, read 466,495 times
Nobody cares about your beliefs OP.

Most people do not follow all the right wing policies only, or all the left wing policies only.

Nobody is going to be threatened by you just becuase you support right an left wing policies.

Sounds very delusional.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,839,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think you are seriously over-rating your "fear factor".
Him and the rest of the curb stomping tea party thugs. It's ironic how their caricature of the left has grown to fit them more and more. By this time next year they'll be conspiring with the fuurineers and promoting amnesty.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,605,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's come to my attention that I'm what liberals and progressives fear most.

I'm a married white conservative Tea Party supporter, I don't really like Democrats or Republicans but 95% of the time I side with Republicans because they tend to be more conservative.

I'm 100% in support of gay marriage, civil unions, whatever gay people want. It doesn't affect me in any way, let them be happy if they want.

I'm very much pro-workers rights therefore I'm anti-labor union since all they do these days is collect dues and spread corruption.

I'm 100% in support of repealing DADT now, there's no reason why a gay person shouldn't be able to openly serve his/her country.

I'm pro-life but I fully support a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In my honest opinion, any woman who's willing to abort her child shouldn't be forced to raise one and probably wouldn't do a very good job of it anyway so save us all some trouble down the road.

I 100% support cutting our military spending budget by 25% across the board.

I 100% support ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not just renaming them while leaving thousands of our troops to fight and die in a war under a different name. I also support closing down military bases all over the world and bringing those troops home to protect our border instead of South Korea's.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why liberal progressives fear me but these are the few that came to mind.

Well, I could agree with you on all points, except I differ a little on the first:
I am a married, white, conervative also. Although I can't say I am a full tea party 'supporter' (I have never attended a rally), I do like what they are doing and what they stand for. I would also like to see the movement continue and would welcome an opportunity to learn more and possibly get involved. I DO like republicans and vote that party 100% of the time now. I used to vote person not party, but not anymore.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well, I could agree with you on all points, except I differ a little on the first:
I am a married, white, conervative also. Although I can't say I am a full tea party 'supporter' (I have never attended a rally), I do like what they are doing and what they stand for. I would also like to see the movement continue and would welcome an opportunity to learn more and possibly get involved. I DO like republicans and vote that party 100% of the time now. I used to vote person not party, but not anymore.
If you have tese kind of beliefs that cross parties lines then why would you support the Republicans?

Why not look into a third party that matches your beliefs better? Or better yet, why do yu feel like you must support any politicians at all?

It's good to support ideas, beliefs, etc. But that doesn't mean you must support politicians or political parties.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
If you have tese kind of beliefs that cross parties lines then why would you support the Republicans?

Why not look into a third party that matches your beliefs better? Or better yet, why do yu feel like you must support any politicians at all?

It's good to support ideas, beliefs, etc. But that doesn't mean you must support politicians or political parties.

Those are great questions!

I honestly have always voted person not party. I voted for Bill Clinton - twice!! I worked for a political consultant in college and learned a lot about our political system, both good and bad.

With the last Presidential election of Obamma, and watching Pelosi, Reid and Franke take over this country, I feel that the Democrat party has headed in a direction I want NOTHING to do with. If things turn around and the party heads more to the middle, I may feel differently one day.

Third party?? Some suggestions please.

I feel at this time it is very important for me to support and stand by the party that I feel fits my beliefs and values best and that is the Republican party 95%. This country is heading in a direction that I cannot agree with and leaving a legacy I do not want for my children.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Those are great questions!

I honestly have always voted person not party. I voted for Bill Clinton - twice!! I worked for a political consultant in college and learned a lot about our political system, both good and bad.

With the last Presidential election of Obamma, and watching Pelosi, Reid and Franke take over this country, I feel that the Democrat party has headed in a direction I want NOTHING to do with. If things turn around and the party heads more to the middle, I may feel differently one day.

Third party?? Some suggestions please.

I feel at this time it is very important for me to support and stand by the party that I feel fits my beliefs and values best and that is the Republican party 95%. This country is heading in a direction that I cannot agree with and leaving a legacy I do not want for my children.
Well I agree with just about all of that.

But i'd also add that the Bush Administration was probably the most awful thing that ever happened to this country, even worse than anything the Obama administration has done yet for sure. And of course it was Republican.

I'd love to see more Americans just say "enough is enough" and stop supporting either one of these glorified criminal organizations.

There are tons of third parties out there if you want to support one. Lots of parties with Libertarian platforms are gaining popularity really, really fast right now.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:24 AM

13,826 posts, read 30,111,474 times
I don't get the point of this thread either. Backspace has given us no reason to think liberals/progressives should fear him. I'm liberal (I do not consider myself progressive), and I agree with him on everything but the Tea Party thing and the gun thing. I'm even white and married.

I think thinkfirst was on the right track...

Old 11-08-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Well I agree with just about all of that.

But i'd also add that the Bush Administration was probably the most awful thing that ever happened to this country, even worse than anything the Obama administration has done yet for sure. And of course it was Republican.

I'd love to see more Americans just say "enough is enough" and stop supporting either one of these glorified criminal organizations.

There are tons of third parties out there if you want to support one. Lots of parties with Libertarian platforms are gaining popularity really, really fast right now.

I agree with you also, except I do not feel the same about Bush and his administration. Please do not get me wrong, I do not love Bush, but I respect him much more than I do Obamma.

Saying "enough is enough" is a great idea....I kinda think that is what the Tea Party is trying to do?? Maybe not. Again, I have no first-hand experience with the Tea Party and cannot give an educated opinion here.

You are right about other, third parties gaining momentum really fast. I think it is time for a strong third party!! I am more than willing to back another party. However, until that happens, I have to stand by the Republican party as the democrats do not support my beliefs and values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies