Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2022, 05:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,284,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Mayor Ed Gainey works diligently and there has been breakthrough. That 16 year old gunman that shot up the funeral has been tied to additional Northside shootings and murders….. I have patience and know the city is working diligently to combat and eliminate the threat.
A breakthrough in skyrocketing violent crime for sure.

Great to hear he figured one out, and a repeat criminal at that which is no surprise. When’s he going to get the AirBnB shooters that you said reside in the Allegheny Commons building? Have you told him where these folks reside and the area/s they’re in like you said you know where here? He and the community leaders continue to ask for help in so many shootings.

Old 12-14-2022, 07:40 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,072,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-05 View Post
Come on -- not good, but gas stations get robbed all the time. No shots fired here, no injuries. Come on, have some self-respect about what you share on this BS thread.
please. just stop talking. it is one pissed off person with a gun that is a few millimeters of trigger pull away from ending someone's existence.

erie's link to that story troubles you?????

you do realize this thread is like 10^3 pages long.

Old 12-14-2022, 08:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,045,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-05 View Post
Come on -- not good, but gas stations get robbed all the time. No shots fired here, no injuries. Come on, have some self-respect about what you share on this BS thread.
This thread is to show reality. "gas stations get robbed all the time". How comforting.

What is your angle here? Crime is okay if no one is killed? We don't want to live like those in Homewood, Larimar and the like. WE DON'T! Get it!?! The downtown is now the hood and garbage unless there is an event. Even SCR will admit that. Why? BLM/Woke. That is why!!!! The only reason period.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:02 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,908,315 times
Quote:
Mayor Ed Gainey works diligently and there has been breakthrough.
LMAO.
Former Police Chief Scott Schubert announced his retirement on May 27th. Shootings are on the rise. Yet here we are, 7 months later, and Gainey still hasn't picked a new Chief for the police. He's working real diligently all right...

Old 12-15-2022, 06:19 AM

4,181 posts, read 2,973,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
LMAO.
Former Police Chief Scott Schubert announced his retirement on May 27th. Shootings are on the rise. Yet here we are, 7 months later, and Gainey still hasn't picked a new Chief for the police. He's working real diligently all right...
There is an interim chief currently. I am never quick to hire. There is a national police shortage and I’ll assume this includes chiefs. The position will be filled once the proper candidate is selected.

Old 12-15-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This thread is to show reality. "gas stations get robbed all the time". How comforting.

What is your angle here? Crime is okay if no one is killed? We don't want to live like those in Homewood, Larimar and the like. WE DON'T! Get it!?! The downtown is now the hood and garbage unless there is an event. Even SCR will admit that. Why? BLM/Woke. That is why!!!! The only reason period.
Larimer is really hollowed out and has been for some time. The amount of rehabs and new construction is changing the landscape of that neighborhood.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:21 AM

32,623 posts, read 77,739,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
LMAO.
Quote:
There is an interim chief currently. I am never quick to hire. There is a national police shortage and I’ll assume this includes chiefs. The position will be filled once the proper candidate is selected.
Mayor Gainey said he would be selecting a new chief in December 2022, which means we will have a new chief in approximately two weeks. If we don't, then we can chalk it up to further incompetence within his administration---an administration that has both a Deputy Mayor AND a Chief of Staff whereas the previous administration only had a Chief of Staff.

Just why do you think there is a police officer recruitment issue in this country right now?

Old 12-15-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Mayor Gainey said he would be selecting a new chief in December 2022, which means we will have a new chief in approximately two weeks. If we don't, then we can chalk it up to further incompetence within his administration---an administration that has both a Deputy Mayor AND a Chief of Staff whereas the previous administration only had a Chief of Staff.

Just why do you think there is a police officer recruitment issue in this country right now?
I am sure you can answer you own question. Nationally jobs are difficult to fill. Attrition and early retirement is a huge obstacle to overcome. The outing of crooked police and the accountability factor may be a turn off for many.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:44 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,284,122 times
Quote:
I am sure you can answer you own question. Nationally jobs are difficult to fill. Attrition and early retirement is a huge obstacle to overcome. The outing of crooked police and the accountability factor may be a turn off for many.
I’d wager the turnoff is folks crying about the police and blaming guns and making criminals the victims instead…and we’ve seen police complaining about criminals getting dumped back on the streets to become repeat criminals, which will continue to enable skyrocketing violent crime by voting for soft on crime political figures that defend and enable criminals. Folks vote for it so they reap what they sow.

Still no word on the social workers Big Ed was going to implement. Perhaps he’s still planning, or perhaps folks won’t fill those spots due to the skyrocketing violent crime and realize it’s not worth it. After all, they wouldn’t be armed

Old 12-15-2022, 07:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,045,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

Why is there a deputy mayor? Just to spread the load out more? I have a feeling you understand it better.

The sole reasons there is police shortage is due to BLM movement. It really is that simple. The movement took hold with the black community and then white misfit women and some white men got on board in a huge way. They went nuts because Trump got elected. 4 1/2 year temper tantrum with a lot of violence and damage to every city including Pittsburgh. Why would anyone want to be a cop unless it really is just in their blood to help others or beat down the criminals. People do remember the daily protests that took place all over Pittsburgh for 4 1/2 years right? Are people's memories that short, or do people like to pretend it never happened. It did!

Sometimes it is better to let crime elevate to an insane level to create change I guess. Police need to get back to profiling with statistics that are clear. Everyone profiles others at all time as it is just human nature to survive in cities. You keep an eye out for the statistical troublemakers. The ones that shoot up a homeless man with BB guns for fun and slap him around for a bit. I don't think there are any charges against them, but that is the new normal. It was fun for them I guess. I don't know how people get that cold hearted, but they are just so different.

Way back in 2016 it started. Trump wasn't even in office yet! The beginning of the TDS people's rule in every city and anger at everyone and anyone in their way.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/n...-of-trump-win/

Even Peduto objected to Trump's visit when a rabbi lost a lot of his congregation and WANTED to meet with Trump! Yes, the Rabbi then received death threats from the leftist mob.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/30/66201...ll-welcome-him

Death threats!

https://www.yahoo.com/now/rabbi-clai...184318788.html

BLM protesters tell F white people and storm a restaurant. Oh this is just the beginning!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-apology.html

Remember I posted from 2016!!! Here they are burning a police car in 2020

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...MV5F2R4DXGGVY/

I could fill pages and pages of this crap.

20 arrested in East Liberty in massive protest that turned violent!

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...-east-liberty/

All this because Trump got elected. WOW!!!! 4 1/2 years!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh